Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 318,074 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The 2010s Flash is pretty good, too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Black Mirror is on the list, if I haven't already added it. Shame that Netflix took down seasons one and two because they both had some real gems.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Better Call Saul
Westworld
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Agents of SHIELD

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Exorcist show isn't very good, but it's so silly I take it as a guilty pleasure of sorts.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I don't really watch TV series but there is one I love: True Detective (season 1). I have to watch Twin Peaks again.

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 23, 2016, 09:28:17 PM
Better Call Saul
Westworld
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Agents of SHIELD
Game of Thrones, Westworld, Better Call Saul are 3 of my favorite shows! Westworld was by far the best new show of last year. Since you  enjoy BCS, I'm assuming you've seen Breaking Bad?

Walking Dead has its ups and downs but Ive lost hope after a horrid 7a

Alionic

Alionic

True Detective S1, Fargo S1, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Black Sails, and Game Of Thrones.

Homeland's first four seasons were great. It's barely watchable now.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Alionic on Mar 08, 2017, 06:18:17 AMHomeland's first four seasons were great. It's barely watchable now.

That's my big issue with a lot of American shows, they start out great but then they just keep dragging them on and on and on until they turn to crap.

Vertigo

Vertigo

They're apparently writing Homeland with an end in sight now, next year's season will be the last. Completely agreed though, American networks need to have more integrity in how they plan the long-term future of their shows.

There's a financial incentive, too - if a series goes stale, it spoils its long-term profitability. People are less likely to watch repeats or syndication, less likely to buy DVDs/Blurays, less likely to stay subscribed, and less likely to buy associated merchandise. It also damages the network's brand.

Homeland's a particularly good example of this effect, because it's gone from being one of the best shows on TV - namedropped by President Obama - through to losing its purpose but maintaining quality, then in the last year or two to, as Alionic says, being barely watchable.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Watched the first episode of the comeback for Samurai Jack:

ITS SO GOOD I HONESTLY CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SATURDAY

Just arrive already...

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Vertigo on Mar 11, 2017, 10:36:59 AM
They're apparently writing Homeland with an end in sight now, next year's season will be the last. Completely agreed though, American networks need to have more integrity in how they plan the long-term future of their shows.

There's a financial incentive, too - if a series goes stale, it spoils its long-term profitability. People are less likely to watch repeats or syndication, less likely to buy DVDs/Blurays, less likely to stay subscribed, and less likely to buy associated merchandise. It also damages the network's brand.

Homeland's a particularly good example of this effect, because it's gone from being one of the best shows on TV - namedropped by President Obama - through to losing its purpose but maintaining quality, then in the last year or two to, as Alionic says, being barely watchable.

I hope they end it sooner rather than later. One of the plot points in season 6 depicts
Spoiler
Alex Jones working for the CIA
[close]
in the most ham-fisted away imaginable. They've abandoned the cat-and-mouse games between the CIA and terrorists that made the first four seasons so great in favor of hyper-partisan commentary. It's no wonder why so many people switched over to The Americans on FX instead.

motherfather

motherfather

- Golden Girls
- X files
- Sex and the City
- Red Dwarf
- Six Feet Under
- Family Guy
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Pulling
- French and Saunders
- Taken (spielberg mini series)
- Mad Men
- The Expanse
- Transparent
- Sense8
- Line of Duty
- Rupauls Drag Race

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Adding The Wire to my list after watching the first season.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm adding Legends of Tomorrow to my list. I finished season two recently and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Twin Peaks
The Sopranos
The Office uk
Peep Show
Father Ted
Game of Thrones
Ren & Stimpy
Rick & Morty
Mr Bean
Black Mirror
The A-Team
The Simpsons (first 8 seasons)
Beavis & Butthead
The Tom Green Show
Twilight Zone
Married with Children
Trailer Park Boys (first few seasons)
Six Feet Under
Duck Tales

Remember also liking OZ and The Shield when they were released, not sure how they would hold up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed