Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 318,046 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2013, 02:13:32 AM
I am planning on checking out Breaking Bad as soon as I can.
[Chomps cigar with grin]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

And after that, I'm thinking Dexter :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I can recommend Seasons 1-4, and highly, but anything past that will likely just be the effect of morbid curiousity due to cliffhanger season endings. Season 5's opening and Season 7 is the closest it gets back to quality.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I would definitely recommend that you check out House of Cards, Nightmare. ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 31, 2013, 05:23:18 AM
I can recommend Seasons 1-4, and highly, but anything past that will likely just be the effect of morbid curiousity due to cliffhanger season endings. Season 5's opening and Season 7 is the closest it gets back to quality.

Well that's...disappointing. :-\ I heard there was a drop in quality, but I didn't realize that there was that much of a drop.

Quote from: Shasvre on Aug 31, 2013, 10:55:48 AM
I would definitely recommend that you check out House of Cards, Nightmare. ;)

Been wanting to see that as well, actually. Would have already watched it if I had Netflix.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2013, 11:08:47 AM

Well that's...disappointing. :-\ I heard there was a drop in quality, but I didn't realize that there was that much of a drop.
Yeah, as somebody who's been following the show for so long and taken so much inspiration from it (well, the first four seasons), it's kind of devastating to see it go out on such a godawful season.  :(

...and Season 6 I can say is all-around one of the worst seasons of television I've ever seen. Hell, I'd almost recommend just ending the show at Season 4, but that ending is such a brutal, well written, ruthless heartbreak that it's almost impossible not to follow up. Best I could say is to end the series after the first episode of Season 5, but really, that just seems not worth it when you've already payed full admission. I don't know though, I know some people aren't as jaded over it as I am. It's mostly just the writing that breaks it for me.

It lost a tremendous showrunner and writer after Season 4 and kinda died afterward, but most people that aren't aware don't even notice, which is why the show has gotten to eight seasons. Ask around, I'm sure there are others not as critical of the writing and what the show has/should have been. And by others, I mean smart people; I know SpaceMarines isn't as bothered by it. He liked Season 5 quite a bit, generous to Season 6, and enjoyed the good things about Season 7 as much as anyone else.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I used to watch this when I was younger:

If there's nothing else on, I'll watch Rescue Heroes if it's on.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Aw c'mon, season six was fun. Who doesn't love watching a religious psycho die violently?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

Aw c'mon, season six was fun. Who doesn't love watching a religious psycho die violently?
Well, technically, that wasn't really the highlight of that scene and it was a pretty clean kill... and it took an entire gruelingly predictable and horridly paced season to get there, so... not worth it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 31, 2013, 11:44:27 AM
...generous to Season 6...

Upon reflection, it was pretty shit-tastic.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Scratch that then, we have a verdict.  :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 03, 2013, 12:56:14 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 02, 2013, 11:33:22 AM

Well, technically, that wasn't really the highlight of that scene and it was a pretty clean kill... and it took an entire gruelingly predictable and horridly paced season to get there, so... not worth it.

Meh, I liked it. I loved the bait-and-switch it pulled on the viewer with who the real villain was.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

But... it made it clear from the very first episode. It wasn't well played at all, one of the most droningly predictable [non]twists in history.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I was hoping the reveal would play off of the fact that it had been incredibly obvious to the viewer.

Nope. Done completely straight.

Much groaning resulted.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 03, 2013, 10:25:08 PM
But... it made it clear from the very first episode. It wasn't well played at all, one of the most droningly predictable [non]twists in history.

Maybe to you it was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed