660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 469,934 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Okay. But, keep in mind that the galaxy, let alone the entire universe, is completely beyond comprehension in its size.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 12, 2010, 11:47:00 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 12, 2010, 11:25:55 PM
I'm still not entirely sure why you made that post. What do you mean by species of life?
I simply meant the probability of two extraterrestrials meeting in Space (or a temple) is completely believable in my mind :)

The chances of meeting a specific person from your country in a supermarket is extraordinarily slim, and you're saying it's completely believable for two different species to meet in the same exact building out of the entire galaxy?

SM

SM

It's completely believeable if one of the species put the other there to begin with.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2010, 01:32:31 AM
It's completely believeable if one of the species put the other there to begin with.

Of course that would be believable if one species had exact knowledge of where the other was and was actively seeking them. I got the impression we were talking about the AVP '10 game, where the Predators first stumbled upon the Aliens in the temple (according to the game).

SM

SM

Sorry.  I thought we were talking about the AvP film.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm still not sure what we're talking about. :-\

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

about the possibility of alien and predator meeting somehow. I guess.

SM

SM

Are they both on eHarmony?

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2010, 06:18:13 AM
Are they both on eHarmony?

:D

Not sure about their compatibility, though. I guess they do have slaughtering humans in common as a pastime.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Only facehggers, looking for a short but inward relationship

Race_of_Hunters

Race_of_Hunters

Predator ...

More intelligent, SKILLED, honorable, a hunter ...

SM

SM

Honourable....

Hoo boy....  :D

Race_of_Hunters

Race_of_Hunters

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2010, 02:32:02 AM
Not a scripted scene no.  Essentially it just killed her.  However from the way it's presented it could be construed as a particularly nasty and ultimately fatal rape.
That would be very mysterious subtext and would have to be strongly assumed by the viewer.

The facehugger is an essential form of rape.

But the scene with Lambert and the tail, and how it gently moves around her?  Hmmm ... it can have sexual connotation to it, but I don't think it's insinuating a form of rape.  That would have to be assumed by the viewer.  And the only reason to get that as an assumption is taking into account the strong sexual / phallic symbol that the entire design of Giger's Alien represents. 

Race_of_Hunters

Race_of_Hunters

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2010, 06:50:04 AM
Honourable....

Hoo boy....  :D
Not in the classic sense of the word.  But you don't see how one could come to the conclusion based off the movies Predator and Predator 2 that the Predator creature has some form of ethics or morality?

???

SM

SM

Not really.  I just reckon they have rules for hunting (like sparing the unarmed or pregnant).  I don't find shooting prey unaware from long range with laser guided energy weapons while cloaked to be especially honourable.

QuoteBut the scene with Lambert and the tail, and how it gently moves around her?  Hmmm ... it can have sexual connotation to it, but I don't think it's insinuating a form of rape. 

The tail goes between her legs.  Hence the insinuation.  Doesn't mean that's what actually happened, but Riddles is putting the image in our mind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed