International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 151,919 times)

LarsVader

My take on the "head":
(no pixel editing or "painting", just contrasts and curves)

Kev Loaf

Quote from: davo1980 on Apr 30, 2012, 04:28:39 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Apr 30, 2012, 03:35:02 PM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 30, 2012, 11:31:20 AM
The visitor... notice anything...?  ;)
http://i46.tinypic.com/b7la1j.jpg

Look at the helmet reflection - does it reveal the face outline of the visitor facing redshirt? Doesn't look human to me, but you be the judge...
http://i47.tinypic.com/16awsch.jpg

I was just looking at that myself. Although it's not quite clear, I can definitely make out part of a skull.

OK, not the best diagram in the world but you get my drift.   :)

Doesn't look like that part of the reflection is of the figure in the foreground - it doesn't move along with it.
Animated gif of that sequence with the black frames removed...

Spoiler

Anyone care to put this to music? ;-)
[close]

The reflection reminds me of this creature...

Quote from: LarsVader on Apr 30, 2012, 04:40:07 PM
My take on the "head":
(no pixel editing or "painting", just contrasts and curves)

Its a freaking engineers head. so obvious.

Eva

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 30, 2012, 04:35:27 PM
The "part of the suit" on that alleged exploding human head is actually part of the jockey's mask, Eva.
...which would explain why I called it 'base of helmet' on my pic  ;)

Besides, I believe that to be an engineer head - not a human head from inside the jockey helmet. I think I stated that from the beginning...

Davo1980 has a good point - the reflection doesn't seem to reflect the upwards movement of the visitor, so perhaps it will eventually prove to be nothing... or...

Spoiler

:P
[close]

Predaker

I wonder if the exploding head will pop out of the screen in a shower of 3D goo...  :)

No extra butter on my popcorn, please.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Eva on Apr 30, 2012, 05:19:18 PM
...which would explain why I called it 'base of helmet' on my pic  ;)

Besides, I believe that to be an engineer head - not a human head from inside the jockey helmet. I think I stated that from the beginning...

Sorry. I keep seeing that theory about a human head being in that shot. Makes me itch.

Xenodog

And the trailer overanalysis brigade have set off already.  :laugh:

Anyway, this just makes me more and more excited!

armageddon

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 30, 2012, 01:03:43 PM
I seem to recall an idea floating around early on, a rumor or something to do with the plot, that the temple was basically a cult worshiping this figure (The giant head) and partaking in some kind of twisted death/sacrificial experiments.

Could still have something to do with it. I rather like the idea of an alien death cult.

Interesting fact: a "Juggernaut" originally was a Hindu temple wagon.

marsekay

I think the original jockey RAN AWAY (from who/what?) with his creations "humans" and the pictographs show where he brought us from.
hes warning us to stay away.

C91_SJ

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 30, 2012, 05:22:30 PM
I wonder if the exploding head will pop out of the screen in a shower of 3D goo...  :)

No extra butter on my popcorn, please.

can't wait up to see that. I don't wanna know how many guys will throw off their popcorn when the head pops.

:laugh:

FIRESTORM 496

I have an idea about the snake creature... Maybe it is the trunk of the space jockey.

Just look at the shape. It's the same. Maybe it can fuse to it's victims mouth/nose and offer oxygen much like the face hugger did?

Can someone get a pic of the Jockey skull/helmet and a pic of the snake next to each other? I don't have any pics

Eva

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 30, 2012, 01:03:43 PM
I seem to recall an idea floating around early on, a rumor or something to do with the plot, that the temple was basically a cult worshiping this figure (The giant head) and partaking in some kind of twisted death/sacrificial experiments.

Could still have something to do with it. I rather like the idea of an alien death cult.

Our ancient civilizations often had an obsessive fascination with death, in some instances their entire culture revolved around it, so yeah... an alien death cult works for me  :)

@Firestorm496 - if that comes to pass, Bat Chains head might just implode...

Glaive

Quote from: Xenodog on Apr 30, 2012, 05:41:28 PM
And the trailer overanalysis brigade have set off already.  :laugh:

"...All bound for Morning Town...,
Many miles away..."

Kev Loaf

The exploding head is a jockey head. not human.

Biomechanoid20

Quote from: davo1980 on Apr 30, 2012, 04:28:39 PM
Animated gif of that sequence with the black frames removed...

Spoiler

Anyone care to put this to music? ;-)
[close]
Perhaps this tune?  :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6g-Vh4vcD0

Jenga

Here is a good look at the snake head both when it is folded up and also when it is opened but momentarily in someone's flashlight beam:

Image 1: Serpent popping up out of the goo in it's snake-like folded up shape:

Image 2: Serpent hood opened up in defensive posture:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed