Favorite Alien?

Started by #6.0, Aug 23, 2010, 08:15:07 AM

Not taking design into account, which lead Alien, one important to the story, not cannon fodder was your favorite?

Giger, Alien
19 (50%)
Queen, Aliens
8 (21.1%)
Runner, Alien3
5 (13.2%)
Grid, AVP
2 (5.3%)
Queen, AVP
0 (0%)
Chet, AVPR
2 (5.3%)
Newborn, AR, Do not pick this one to be funny. I just have to let it in. Apperently.
2 (5.3%)
They are all the same to me.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author
Favorite Alien? (Read 18,366 times)

#6.0

#6.0

NewBorn is not there for a reason.

Mine is Runner, I just liked it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: #6.0 on Aug 23, 2010, 08:15:07 AM
Reason being ... ?

samoht

samoht

Newborn

...oh wait, its not an option. ???

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Aug 23, 2010, 08:24:55 AM
Reason being ... ?
It not being a standard Alien I assume.

BANE

BANE

Reason being ... ?
Opinions are opinions, but if you like pure shit you shouldn't be voting.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Newborn isn't pure shit.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 23, 2010, 12:07:27 PM
Reason being ... ?
Then why the f**k is the Predalien in the list. And why arent Aliens ridged heads in there? Piss poor poll!

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Keg on Aug 23, 2010, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 23, 2010, 12:07:27 PM
Reason being ... ?
Then why the f**k is the Predalien in the list. And why arent Aliens ridged heads in there? Piss poor poll!
My personal dislike for the newborn goes beyond my dislike for the predalien, but I agree with you: the poll needs revision to either include all shit or exclude shit and include everything else.

Keg

Keg

My dislike for the predalien goes far beyond that of the newborm. at least the newborn had a genuine excuse and reasoning within the story to be the way it was. the predalien didnt.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Keg on Aug 23, 2010, 01:10:13 PM
My dislike for the predalien goes far beyond that of the newborm. at least the newborn had a genuine excuse and reasoning within the story to be the way it was. the predalien didnt.
Yeah, but at least the predalien wasn't the tipping point of the movie. It didn't really make a shitfest shittier, it kept it along the same path. The newborn was basically the end/downfall of Resurrection. At least the predalien looked somewhat alien...the newborn had no alien features at all, really. But that's just my dislike.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Newborn was a metaphor made into a being, and it greatly succeeded. Something that the Predalien and the whole AvPr will never, even slightly, be.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 23, 2010, 01:13:57 PM
The Newborn was a metaphor made into a being, and it greatly succeeded. Something that the Predalien and the whole AvPr will never, even slightly, be.
The newborn was like shit, or the newborn was as shitty as shit. Those are the only metaphors it is, really.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No, the Newborn was a metaphor against bioengineering. It is an abomination against nature. Saying it is shit is only a result of seeing it superficially and not going deeper than surface aspects of the creature.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 23, 2010, 01:20:16 PM
No, the Newborn was a metaphor against bioengineering. It is an abomination against nature. Saying it is shit is only a result of seeing it superficially and not going deeper than surface aspects of the creature.
And yet it ruined the movie...and took a crap on the alien series. What a trade-off.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It didn't ruin the movie. It was part of the message of it, along with Ripley 8 herself and the failed clones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed