The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 76,098 times)

Thedutchpredator

Thedutchpredator

The thing is if the majority of us love the film it still does very poorly at the box office. If the minority of us like it and people who are not fans get on board then that can only be a good thing. Let's face it the majority, which is us,  are not going to break the box office even if we see it 1000 times each. It's business people. I hate seeing the predator used like this but we just have to see where it goes

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Predators in pants = It depends on execution, huh? No offense, but this argument is just horrible. When you dont like some sort of food, you just dont eat it, and nothing will ever change that, even if you execute that type of food in a totally different way. . its still something you dont like, and thats the reason why you dont eat it. It contain the ingredient you dont like, there is no reason for you to forget that, and try to eat it even if its smell is different. This is not only about damn pants, its about everything. I think that they changed way too much, and no. . Im not saying that the Predator should be always about a bunch of humans killed one by one till the end.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I believe that Fox dont have that much trust with Shane Black, not that he is bad Director or something, but because he made a lot of over the top ideas with "his" Predator film. I think that they know we are angry about it, and they have even fear to start with the whole movie "propaganda". How can they want some profit from this film when they still dont announce that yet? The sooner the trailer will be available for the public the better it will be. With this treatment, there wont be much people in the Cinema, and most of the fans will be hardly dissapointed.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 01, 2018, 01:15:44 AM
Yeah iv read the script quite a few times now, i still have it if anyone wants it

Hi mate, would be massively interested in this, if you still have it?

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

@ huggs Ikr lmao! 😂

@ petr personally I agree , too much has been changed regarding the creatures themselves , I think it's fairly obvious that the secrecy around the film is not a good sign, and that fox are at this point trying to minimise lost profit , by not spending on marketing, because they are not confident.

If they were confident, we would have a trailer by now and marketing would be in full swing. I mean all the signs are there that this thing is a mess, the Cinemacon trailer was a mixed bag, with some saying it looked alright and others saying they felt underwhelmed, sounds just like the screening reactions to me , a trailer needs to be positively upheld for a film to be successful, that's the climate we are now in , it's the films selling point and as a buisness you need to be able to confidently compete with other films , I'm not seeing that with all the push backs etc , look at avengers infinity wars trailer , the most successful trailer in the history of cinema , so far all the public actually have on The Predator is a official teaser poster and that's it , and when the film is out in early September and it's now may , honestly it really isn't good enough, and when the film fails at box office fox only have themselves to blame imo.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Comparing the fourth entry in a mixed bag of a franchise to the trailer of a unanimously succesfull franchise building up hype over a period of ten years like clockwork is hardly fair.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Skull splitter yeah I suppose you are right , but what I'm highlighting is the importance of trailers in today's modern age. You have to be able to compete , it's basic capitalism at the end of the day. But maybe infinity war wasn't the best example. A better example in that case for a trailer and marketing would be sicario 2.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Thedutchpredator on May 02, 2018, 06:34:52 AM
The thing is if the majority of us love the film it still does very poorly at the box office. If the minority of us like it and people who are not fans get on board then that can only be a good thing. Let's face it the majority, which is us,  are not going to break the box office even if we see it 1000 times each. It's business people. I hate seeing the predator used like this but we just have to see where it goes

It could suffer the same fate as Dredd, because let's face it the marketing so far has been horrendous, not even a teaser trailer released worldwide and it's only a couple of months away.  I have a bad feeling about this movie, I hate everything I've heard about it so far, hopefully I'm wrong, but without a proper marketing campaign only the fans are going to rush out to see the movie

the spirit world

the spirit world

The legitimate negativity is huge and everywhere, Fox screwed up epically and they know it, but no reshoot or anything will ever change the outcomes, a huge flop.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 02, 2018, 01:22:21 PM

It could suffer the same fate as Dredd, because let's face it the marketing so far has been horrendous, not even a teaser trailer released worldwide and it's only a couple of months away.  I have a bad feeling about this movie, I hate everything I've heard about it so far, hopefully I'm wrong, but without a proper marketing campaign only the fans are going to rush out to see the movie

Well it's more than a couple months away. The Meg comes out more than a month before it and it got its trailer about a month ago, right?

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yet Venom comes out a month after it , and has already had a sneak peak trailer and a full trailer. So what gives Hollywood ?

cheachea

cheachea

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 02, 2018, 01:18:05 AM, and if we are wrong , we will admit that in due course.

Man, I Hope that's the case. I mean, I Genuinely Genuinely Hope that we are Pleasantly Surprised and happy with the results.

I want it to be like how it was when we first watched Predator or heck even just P2 and how Awesome we thought it was back in the day.

I Will Be The First Person To Eat Crow and Admit That I Was Wrong If The Movie Is Awesome. That's A Promise.

Original Predator

Original Predator

Pred Bro's and Broettes,  it's gonna be a fun movie.  At this point.  I'm okay with that. P1 and P2, isn't how you do movies nowadays. As "Huggs" pointed out.  Folks want the big shabang. Look at the movies in theatre's.  Black will delivery that, have some laughs, we'll have some fun. 

Once you let go of the past, you can embrace the future.  Trust me, I've been waiting (and will still wait) for King Dutch to go on one last hunt.  But till then.  I gotta look back and think about what all started this and am just happy that after all these dang years....there is enough love to try to keep this thing going.  That's pretty cool.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER - I hear you buddy. They filmed the entire movie back in the 2017, now we have year 2018 (almost half of this year is nearly gone) and they still dont show anything serious for the public as a whole. Dont tell me that they dont have any material at least for the damn short teaser a two months ago! Who cares even if they reworked the last third act. . they should still use something from the untouched first half of the movie at least for the small teaser. Jesus Christ, they could use the sequences just with the actors alone if they still dont have the CGI finished. But they are instead of it holding everything under the carpet, how can they expect that there would be thousands of people interested into this when they are acting like there is no movie on its way. This is the right behaviour for building up the so called "hype" ? I dont think so. I live in Czech Republic, Europe and tons of my friends still dont know that there is new upcoming Predator film just because of this. This isnt good, this is bad, very bad. The secrecy around this film is one thing, but the lack of any marketing is another thing. There are many people that dont agree with me on this, but I think its too late to show a trailer at this moment, they do absolutely nothing for promoting this film. You cant rush all the promotional material on the last moment, you either have it or dont have it, and in this case it seems that they dont try that hard as they could, and once again. . they should use the clips, sequences just with the actors if not with the Predators at least for the "microscopic" teaser, is that a problem? It will help that movie. Fact is that everywhere, honestly everywhere you look you see a bad response on this. All the people hated that leaked script, that is one problem, but the rest? The rest is about all the things that are way to shocking! And in my personal opinion, its already very bad just because the director itself is not capable to made his movie by his expectations on his first attempt. Like oops! "I need to reshoot the entire third act" okey, so a lot of already filmed material going straight to the trash can, and what about all that used money? This is epic disaster, dont tell my that reshoots are normal when its always about money that were lost in that process. And yet, there are some people (I dont want to use their red names here) telling me that Im complaining, can you believe that? And now ask yourself a question, why the studio accepted all this over the top ideas in this movie? Fox must have a bunch of really bad politics behind them, because clearly someone here made a big mistake.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: the spirit world on May 02, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
The legitimate negativity is huge and everywhere, Fox screwed up epically and they know it, but no reshoot or anything will ever change the outcomes, a huge flop.

I thought reactions to the trailer were positive at cinemacon?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed