Can AVP 2 multiplayer still be played?

Started by Crew Expendable, Jun 10, 2015, 05:45:02 AM

Author
Can AVP 2 multiplayer still be played? (Read 6,690 times)

JP

JP

QuoteHe had a valid statement, why not answer him?  (proof is right there)

I just said only he considers those stuff mods not me..

Let me guess a TBBC server? you only play on that...... it's ironic... TBBC doesn't like mods or changes coming into his server. and he bans on sight. (not just the servers some from the whole game) - That is wrong on so many levels.

And yet again more lies. The tbbc servers only auto-ban hackers, and its only on the one server that they wwhere banned not the other tbbc servers, much less the entire game. The few times i say people getting wrongly baned where for experimental hack detectors and they where unbanned right away. This contrasts with other servers like avpunknown for example where i was banned for "hacking" some time ago. I chose to play there because those are the servers that are always full, i guess the rest of the people there agree with me.

QuoteThe link has no business in any 'avp2 sight' ?   :laugh: you're amazing JP, seriously

Going on every forum and posting there a link that says the multiplayer doesnt work when it fact it does has no place in any avp2 site.

Build your own website to promote it. You're mad at AvPUnknown but you could easily be helping TBBC out on your own. It's easier to knock someone down than to build someone up?

I just dont want to see more people like the OP comming here because the "master server patch website" told them multiplayer is dead. This site is doing a bad service for this game, hence it needs to be removed.

x-M-x

Relax, you'll live longer.

KingKenny

lol TBBC doesn't like mods coming onto his modded game. ::)

Canonmaster posted on avpunknown saying he was banned from the whole master server. So there are players getting fully banned from playing. There are probably others.

The AvP2master site does a lot of good still. It has all the true official updates. The text isn't even misleading. It states:

"A certain Group now control the AvP2 Master Server Patch. They have modded the game, removed readmes/credit for borrowed work and stand as admins of the msp. AvP Unknown can no longer support the MSP as AvP Unknown can only support 1.0.9.6 as made by Monolith. As of now, AvP2 1.0.9.6 is offline permanently."

Certain group = TBBC and co.

Modded the game = like the changes I pointed out.

Removed readmes/credit = map readmes were taken out (ie rip mod/stolen work)

Then it states that it is distancing itself from the current patch and is supporting 1.0.9.6 and other official Monolith downloads. NOTHING misleading about that.

JP

JP

Quotelol TBBC doesn't like mods coming onto his modded game. ::)

By mods you mean vision hack right?

If it wasnt misleading then we wouldnt have topics like this where people ask why that site told them the multiplayer is offline. I dont think you understand that people just want to play the game and not only the people responsible for the website are not giving them that servide but they are also giving them false information.

Well i just had a look at steam forums and the complains also pile up there. People saying that the site is misleading and the game isnt offline.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: JP on Jun 11, 2015, 12:41:05 PM

If it wasnt misleading then we wouldnt have topics like this where people ask why that site told them the multiplayer is offline. I dont think you understand that people just want to play the game and not only the people responsible for the website are not giving them that servide but they are also giving them false information.

Well i just had a look at steam forums and the complains also pile up there. People saying that the site is misleading and the game isnt offline.

Site isn't misleading at all, kenny explained to you... it's how you handle his information depends all on you.

And yet... people are getting banned from the 'whole game'  and it shouldn't be allowed at all... banning players from servers ok... banning from the whole game? also... banning a modder that contributes for the game...?  and he now cant work or make mods test mods because he is banned under false allegations of 'hacking'  ....... absolute power corrupts absolutely

JP you know it's wrong, don't be blind to it.

But knowing you... you can say its all lies, but it's a fact..... and it's very wrong

And why you still bashing the site? go and make one, instead of wasting your time bashing it on here.

JP

JP

Quoteand he now cant work or make mods test mods because he is banned under false allegations of 'hacking'  ....... absolute power corrupts absolutely

jeez are you serious or what?

from your forum:

from TBBC:

QuoteYou were autobanned for hacking under "PBT CRASHER!!!".

From cannonmaster:

QuoteI've tested visionmode/underwater black screen fix which allows to play online.

He obviously used a vision mod which was either seen as a vision hack or he modifed the game's code and was banned for that....

x-M-x

Quote from: JP on Jun 11, 2015, 02:18:06 PM
Quoteand he now cant work or make mods test mods because he is banned under false allegations of 'hacking'  ....... absolute power corrupts absolutely

jeez are you serious or what?

from your forum:

from TBBC:

QuoteYou were autobanned for hacking under "PBT CRASHER!!!".

From cannonmaster:

QuoteI've tested visionmode/underwater black screen fix which allows to play online.

He obviously used a vision mod which was either seen as a vision hack or he modifed the game's code and was banned for that....

Point is? he couldn't test his mod 'TBBC'S SERVER MOD' saw it as a hack.... but i'm not on about that... canonmaster got banned from the WHOLE GAME

Man that is wrong, you know it is... Anyway ...your thoughts betray you, JP..... I feel the good in you, the conflict... there is still hope lol.

C'mon man lighten up, I've got no problems with you. (but i know you've got major beef with kenny) that's between you and him.

Canon_Barbarian

Haha, now whole community knows that I am a hacker  :D

I was banned from whole game because of many attacks from Russian IP addresses. Similar problem, when IP range is banned and you are banned too because you have the same range as cheater. Now ban is removed. So just a misunderstanding.

As for server ban...On Russian Bears servers we ban bad guys only after several warnings, because not so much players left. And we have some players who was cheaters and now good guys. It's not simple and requires capable admin. But TBBC's servers - TBBC's rules.

As for MOD/NOT MOD, I have very small experience in vanilla AVP2, but I assume there wasn't All Weapons Mode in the original 1.0.9.6 and this mode is a feature which came with server-side modifications.I think it ruins gameplay and all other modifications-improvements are not so "moddy" as All Weapons Mode. But as I see, All Weapons Mode is most popular..sadly ;D

And from my point of view - AVP2 should be even more modified. More bug fixes and balance fixes. No staggers, no exploits, no bunny-hoping and etc.
But a lot of veterans do not agree, well don't want to be Master Server patch developer  8)

x-M-x

Unbanned?  ;D finally.

KingKenny

KingKenny

Quote from: JP on Jun 11, 2015, 12:41:05 PM

All mods in general.

There's a difference between one being misleading and one being unable to comprehend a statement off a website. Monolith's 1.0.9.6 IS offline. There are 0 servers out there that are running default AvP2.

Quote from: TheCanonMaster on Jun 11, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
And from my point of view - AVP2 should be even more modified. More bug fixes and balance fixes. No staggers, no exploits, no bunny-hoping and etc.
But a lot of veterans do not agree, well don't want to be Master Server patch developer  8)

You can't remove stagger or JP would be upset. All the other stuff is ok and not a mod. But if you remove stagger, then you've crossed the line. :P

See, that's the problem. Everyone has their own interpretation of what AvP2 should be. Since mods started being made for this game, if it altered AvP2 in any way it was considered a mod. Now all of a sudden a mod has been labeled as "official" and is the only way to play AvP2 online currently (aside from joining via direct ip), so it's no longer considered a mod somehow? ???

Olde

Quote from: KingKenny on Jun 12, 2015, 12:21:18 AM
See, that's the problem. Everyone has their own interpretation of what AvP2 should be. Since mods started being made for this game, if it altered AvP2 in any way it was considered a mod. Now all of a sudden a mod has been labeled as "official" and is the only way to play AvP2 online currently (aside from joining via direct ip), so it's no longer considered a mod somehow? ???
To play devil's advocate, couldn't you say the same thing about MSP 2.0 and 2.1? You were required to download those mods in order to play, which had some significant gameplay changes, and you had no choice about it. How is 2.2 any different?

From my understanding, no mod can be "official" unless it's sanctioned by the game's developers themselves. Were v.2.0 or 2.1 officially sanctioned by Monolith Productions? They don't even acknowledge AvP2 in their list of games on their website. I can slap a new version of the MSP on a website and call it official too, but that doesn't necessarily make it so. I don't mean to be difficult, but I'm wondering what gives AvPUnknown the right to be called the host of official AvP2 content? Had TBBC cooperated and made v.2.2 with your input, what would have made that version official, but the version he made on his own unofficial?

This is an important point because the word "official" keeps getting thrown around without having defined what constitutes a work as official in the context of a game that's now entirely supported by fans.

Lucifero

Lucifero

There's a difference between one being misleading and one being unable to comprehend a statement off a website. Monolith's 1.0.9.6 IS offline. There are 0 servers out there that are running default AvP2.

True  :'(

Quote from: TheCanonMaster on Jun 11, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
But a lot of veterans do not agree, well don't want to be Master Server patch developer  8

i have your same  point of view .
AVP2 remains beautiful even in its imperfection.

probably people fun of this old game prefer play a pure 1.0.9.6 or impure if you pass me term
no matter where or how
single player or multiplayer

x-M-x

Quote from: Olde on Jun 12, 2015, 06:27:13 AM

but I'm wondering what gives AvPUnknown the right to be called the host of official AvP2 content?

We never made such a claim.... many website host official updates,  But were the official 'home of the msp' since the fall of Lithfaq... for 6 n a half years. :) Search anything related to avp2 master server, you will find AvP Unknown #1 in results.

That's what six years get you, as for tbbc? he went his own way.

Any website can host official updates Olde lol.

KingKenny

Quote from: Olde on Jun 12, 2015, 06:27:13 AM
To play devil's advocate, couldn't you say the same thing about MSP 2.0 and 2.1? You were required to download those mods in order to play, which had some significant gameplay changes, and you had no choice about it. How is 2.2 any different?

From my understanding, no mod can be "official" unless it's sanctioned by the game's developers themselves. Were v.2.0 or 2.1 officially sanctioned by Monolith Productions? They don't even acknowledge AvP2 in their list of games on their website. I can slap a new version of the MSP on a website and call it official too, but that doesn't necessarily make it so. I don't mean to be difficult, but I'm wondering what gives AvPUnknown the right to be called the host of official AvP2 content? Had TBBC cooperated and made v.2.2 with your input, what would have made that version official, but the version he made on his own unofficial?

This is an important point because the word "official" keeps getting thrown around without having defined what constitutes a work as official in the context of a game that's now entirely supported by fans.

You're right. Gameplay changes didn't really exist in 1.5.4 and prior. Playing the current version doesn't feel like a mod because the changes are more subtle and not in your face, but it's still a mod. That's why I always had issues with the msp.

Official can be used as the home for a mod, ie website. The tbbc mod/msp and savior mod are not official however.

Joining games via direct ip in 1.0.9.6 still works. If there was a new community client or chat service with a lobby chat, players could organize games and join direct via IP. This way people could still get games going on 1.0.9.6.

quijju

Lol this divisive drama is very entertaining. It is like Jerry Springer. Here's a suggestion, instead of creating these petty squabbles, work together to try to keep this game going as strong as possible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed