Everybody, go install AvP2 (2001) and get the master server patch 2.0!!!!!

Started by czar225, Sep 15, 2014, 11:54:58 PM

Author
Everybody, go install AvP2 (2001) and get the master server patch 2.0!!!!! (Read 3,510 times)

czar225

Go get it, we need more players!!!!  Find someplace to download or buy the full game and join us!!!!  Here is a link to everything you need to get the multiplayer working again. 

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1276008198

Probably the best Aliens game ever released.  Unfortunately, it's not as well known as it's disappointing successors, since it was PC only (and had some pretty sizable system reqs for it's time).

It's much better than AvP classic, I think, because the predator and human classes don't move around like they are on rocket skates.  Unfortunately, it hasn't gotten a re-release since the developer who made it was bought out by one of fox's rivals.

Randomizer

Quote from: czar225 on Sep 15, 2014, 11:54:58 PM
It's much better than AvP classic, I think, because the predator and human classes don't move around like they are on rocket skates. 

AVP2 had a more slower , let's say "realistic" pace . I find that superior to AVPC2K but it didn't annoy me much . All I want now is a Skirmish mode for AVP2 with unlimited waves of Aliens , Marines...i don't really care  ::) but something like Firefight in Halo . If that would happen , then I can keep AVP2 installed for whole months on my computer ....I don't know , something like I did with Half-Life and 150+ mods , I had it for a entire year and I kept playing until I got sick of it .

As for the game , I'd consider putting it back but I know the game too well and last time I played the server was laggy ( maybe it was my computer , who knows? ) .

Kimarhi

AvP2 was the bees knees. 

czar225

czar225

Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 16, 2014, 04:29:14 PM

As for the game , I'd consider putting it back but I know the game too well and last time I played the server was laggy ( maybe it was my computer , who knows? ) .

There are quite a few servers with great ping.  The problem is that there are usually no more than 2 servers with people on them, and those servers don't always have great lag.  But still, even on those servers the lag isn't TOO bad.  Come play with us!!!

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 16, 2014, 05:54:03 PM
AvP2 was the bees knees.

IS the bees knees.  Go get the master server patch!

Kimarhi

The game is currently three hours away from where I live. 

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 17, 2014, 12:17:45 AM
The game is currently three hours away from where I live. 
One excuse is as good as another.

Kimarhi

That's a long ass drive to go back to my hometown and pick up a five dollar game at my parents place. 

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 17, 2014, 04:40:15 AM
That's a long ass drive to go back to my hometown and pick up a five dollar game at my parents place. 
ONE EXCUSE
IS AS GOOD
AS ANOTHER.

(optionally, use it as a reason to visit your parents, I'm sure they miss you very much)

Kimarhi

OF COURSE THEY MISS ME VERY MUCH

EVERYONE I'M NOT AROUND MISSES ME VERY MUCH

Randomizer

Quote from: czar225 on Sep 16, 2014, 11:30:23 PM

There are quite a few servers with great ping.  The problem is that there are usually no more than 2 servers with people on them, and those servers don't always have great lag.  But still, even on those servers the lag isn't TOO bad.  Come play with us!!!

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 16, 2014, 05:54:03 PM
AvP2 was the bees knees.

IS the bees knees.  Go get the master server patch!

Well , I'll put it again in my computer but I gotta find some time ... most probably in the weekend (AvP2,Primal Hunt , Master Server Patch for both AVP2 & PH , updates , got a lot of things to install ) .

PsyKore

Too much work to install it. Not that I could have a decent ping playing in Australia anyway.

I just wish AvP2 would come to Steam. I know it can't because politics and bullshit, but it'd be so good if it did.

czar225

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 18, 2014, 04:22:57 AM
OF COURSE THEY MISS ME VERY MUCH

EVERYONE I'M NOT AROUND MISSES ME VERY MUCH

AvP2 misses you very much. 

Kimarhi

Indeed. 

I used to ball out with the praetorian back in the day.  Yall don't even know. 

czar225

czar225

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 22, 2014, 01:41:32 AM
Indeed. 

Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 18, 2014, 06:02:53 AM
Quote from: czar225 on Sep 16, 2014, 11:30:23 PM

Well , I'll put it again in my computer but I gotta find some time ... most probably in the weekend (AvP2,Primal Hunt , Master Server Patch for both AVP2 & PH , updates , got a lot of things to install ) .

Are you guys kidding me?  The game is from 2001, with 2001 sized files, it downloads in no-time.  Click on the links and download, and just run the files.  Takes 10 minutes, if that. 

I've been playing over the past few days on a popular (for this game) server using lifecycle mode with some great ping for my region (49 in US East)... Being a facehugger and making people panic till they crap themselves never gets old, and will also usually lead to the delight of impregnating and chestbursting.  Soooooo much fun. 

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 22, 2014, 01:41:32 AM
Indeed. 

Really?  I didn't like how he couldn't run on walls, one of my favorite ablities in the game.  I"m also not a fan of the predalien much either.  Too slow and he can't regen by eating.  And the queen?   Surprisingly week.  I "molted" into a queen (reward for a 5 kill streak) and she was also surprisingly weak.  She got dommed by predator. 

tavianini19

I've made multiple attempts to download it online, to no avail.  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed