Avp2 remastered for consoles?

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Jun 15, 2011, 10:22:36 PM

Would you get AvP2 if Monolith remastered AvP2 for the consoles?

Yes
25 (67.6%)
Maybe
6 (16.2%)
No
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author
Avp2 remastered for consoles? (Read 5,838 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: DUB1 on Jun 18, 2011, 04:07:01 PM
Ha, this console vs pc thing is so pathetic.

As for the topic, release a remastered AVP2 both on PC and consoles. And yes, I'd buy it.

And how do you plan to get instant:
-Flares
-Torch
-Hacker
-Lamp

I understand you can place on a pad:
Move, aim, fire, alt fire, jump, crouch, change weapon, vision, reload, taunt, walk/run, TAB_Objectives but I don't see enough buttons on your pad to place the other things.
Maybe use the select button, select the item and then it'll use it but... it sucks a lot.  ::) SO as I said = GAMEPLAY SABOTAGE which ain't good and would simply break the gameplay.

DUB1

DUB1

Oh wow, more elitist bullshit. Pitiful. And when you say gameplay sabotage, you must likely mean "Wahhh too hard to play!WAHHH!"

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Never said anything about "too hard" to play.  ::)
And elitist does not make any sense at all in "gameplay".

You must understand the difference between Skill (Capacities of players) & Gameplay (Mechanic used by the game to properly work).

WinterActual

WinterActual

With A:CM in the pipe, nah I dont need AvP 2 anymore.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

Quote from: Moss on Jun 20, 2011, 08:45:12 PM

Thats what everyone thought about AVP3.

No matter what comes in the future AVP2 mp is good enough that it always be worth returning to in my opinion.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Quote from: DragonBossk on Jun 23, 2011, 11:55:28 AM
Quote from: Moss on Jun 20, 2011, 08:45:12 PM

Thats what everyone though about AVP3.

No matter what comes in the future AVP2 mp is good enough that it always be worth returning to in my opinion.

A QUEEN HAS EMERGED

AlienBabon

AlienBabon

buy it immediately because the best reason is to support Monolith directly and the original creators so they would get more money for future DLC's, expansions and multiplayer support  ;)
fans of the original game must come out of their caves and show the community never dies!!!

VIVA LA AVP2!

WinterActual

WinterActual

Everyone without me  :D You see I like Aliens vs Marines only gamemodes. And yes I like AvP 3's Infestation. So no matter what, I will like A:CM very much. There are no preds in the game - I am sold.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

Quote from: Moss on Jun 23, 2011, 10:11:51 PM

Everyone without me  :D You see I like Aliens vs Marines only gamemodes. And yes I like AvP 3's Infestation. So no matter what, I will like A:CM very much. There are no preds in the game - I am sold.

I personally felt AVP3's infestation mode was the mps biggest letdown, only because suvivor mode in AVP2 (it's predecessor) remains probably my favourite mp mode of all time, on any game. AVP2 also has evac and overrun modes that don't involve preds. 

A:CM better not include stats/ranks, probably one of the biggest mistakes for AVP3 which is why most people play on dedis now. Keep the co-op similar to L4D and you'll be fine.

nah, i say ranks are good, if for no reason than knowing who/what you are up against.

if anything i say have ranking up in every game mode (except private dedis)

and i don't think ranking is what killed AVP3s mp, it was simply god-awful matchmaking for ranked matches, and the fact that there was no incentive to play friendly matches without ranks with strangers.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jun 24, 2011, 11:54:19 AM
nah, i say ranks are good, if for no reason than knowing who/what you are up against.

Just no... a rank doesn't prove how good you are.....

plus im not letting a number 43 player take me down..  and im what? rank 3?  lmao.. its just a number, it doesn't mean shit lol.... I've seen these so called '43' players get there ass handed to them by rank 5 even rank 1 players and so on... remmeber its how good you are not how high your number is.. it doesn't work like that.  :laugh:

Brother

Brother

Some people like it and it gives some purpose to playing, not a problem if it's there.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Brother on Jun 24, 2011, 12:37:39 PM
Some people like it and it gives some purpose to playing, not a problem if it's there.

Yea,

Except for the teenagers who are like 'omg!! my rank is higher than yours !!1 omg!!!'   ::)

:laugh:

Kid's will never learn, remember when you see a player on AVP2010 with Rank 1 or even 10, don't ever expect hes easy to 'own'  :D - it's all about ya skills not about ya 'number'

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The rank thing just prove how geek you are  :P
Happily AVP2 did not have that, I would have been spoiled with my 2000+ hours  ;D

A new game based on AVP2 with better graphic could be sweet but with one condition:
The game is developed to work on PC and then exported to Consoles... unlike AVP3 which was made for console and then they made a PC portage.

Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 24, 2011, 12:22:41 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Jun 24, 2011, 11:54:19 AM

Just no... a rank doesn't prove how good you are.....

plus im not letting a number 43 player take me down..  and im what? rank 3?  lmao.. its just a number, it doesn't mean shit lol.... I've seen these so called '43' players get there ass handed to them by rank 5 even rank 1 players and so on... remmeber its how good you are not how high your number is.. it doesn't work like that.  :laugh:

it doesn't work like that all the time, no, but it does sometimes, if you see a rank 43, you know it's not their first time playing, and if you see a rank 1, you can assume they haven't played very much, it shows experience even if it doesn't show ability, and AVP is a bad example because many people are simply too lazy to play ranked matches and only play freindlies, so without any "non-ranking" modes it would show experience even more accurately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed