The blue liquid

Started by SlappyMCnasty, Nov 07, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Author
The blue liquid (Read 51,129 times)

SlappyMCnasty

SlappyMCnasty

QuoteI just brought up the point that Aliens aren't composed of acid. They have to be covered/interlaced with teh complete opposite of acid, or they'd melt themselves. All 'anti-acid' might do is to neutralise the fluid, not get rid of the body around it

why cant ehy be composed by acid?
and as I said it isent imosible that there cells are molucular ingenerd as the acid such as the acid have no effect on them?? there verry cells are perhaps imune laced whit acid proof chemestry.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: jimmylace on Nov 07, 2007, 05:58:42 PM
haha. that's a very good point, but bear in mind the wolf shoves it into the Aliens mouth, so it's not entirely far fetched. If that's the case, then we shouldn't really see the Alien deteriorate at all but just simply die.

As I say, it screams out 'plot device'.

They need to make all traces of Aliens and their DNA completely vanish, so they give the main character fighting them a liquid which dissolves the things into nothingness.

The Predator might not physically be pulling it out of its ass, but might as well do. :)

Personally, I'd say a big enough dose of super-heated plasma/whatever it is should be enough to incinerate any corpse evidence. All it would take is an extra setting on their guns. But that's just me.

Quote from: SlappyMCnasty on Nov 07, 2007, 06:13:07 PM
why cant ehy be composed by acid?
and as I said it isent imosible that there cells are molucular ingenerd as the acid such as the acid have no effect on them?? there verry cells are perhaps imune laced whit acid proof chemestry.

They can't be composed of acid because acid is a liquid. Aliens are clearly not made out of liquid. :)

Interlaced chemistry is as good a theory as anything for why they're immune to the stuff, yeah.

Rhaw

Rhaw

Quote from: jimmylace on Nov 07, 2007, 05:54:01 PM
I'm hoping the effect is something similar to liquid nitrogen...and we see the wolf smash the alien to bits.
No I'm thinking more like salt on a slug (not the same thing), but all an acid-base reaction does is make mostly water.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 05:56:08 PMI just brought up the point that Aliens aren't composed of acid. They have to be covered/interlaced with teh complete opposite of acid, or they'd melt themselves. All 'anti-acid' might do is to neutralise the fluid, not get rid of the body around it.

The director then revised their theory to something far more ambiguous. :)
I thought their exoskeletons were made of silicon, so that doesn't explain what happens to the exoskeleton made of mostly glass. Maybe they have blood (aka acid) circulation through it so it's not interiorly dead material?

A puddle of water and some silicon goo is hardly evidence of extraterrestrial life, but very dangerous to walk on.

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 07, 2007, 06:10:17 PM
..hahahaha... umm bases don't make acid vanish into THIN AIR.
No they turn each other into water.

It's not really a show stopper for me trying to annualize how it's done as long as it's plausible for the story. If they started running around with colorful balloons singing show tunes I wouldn't be interested in it the move.

SlappyMCnasty

SlappyMCnasty

ok but all am saying is that they dosent necessary have an other liquid inside of the protecting them from there own blood,

even thoug most animals, including mamals have an extra yellatin membrane insade their stomach protecting it from its digestive acid, the alien is still alien and I having a hard time beliving that an acid blooded alien being is covered in every inc of its cells by this crap,

Highland

Highland

This debate isnt really happening is it? Tell me when we're figuring out what the preds eat for takeaway on a friday night, I'll jump all over that one.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 07, 2007, 06:26:53 PM
This debate isnt really happening is it? Tell me when we're figuring out what the preds eat for takeaway on a friday night, I'll jump all over that one.

lol :D   but your right, whats done is done to perserve contunuity

Rhaw

Rhaw

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 06:17:48 PM
As I say, it screams out 'plot device'.
The Predator was a plot device for an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 07, 2007, 06:17:48 PMPersonally, I'd say a big enough dose of super-heated plasma/whatever it is should be enough to incinerate any corpse evidence. All it would take is an extra setting on their guns. But that's just me.
Yes use one plot device as the end all be all plot device?
They can't be composed of acid because acid is a liquid. Aliens are clearly not made out of liquid. :)
Humans are 60%+ made up of water.
Quote from: karhan on Nov 07, 2007, 06:28:10 PM
lol :D   but your right, whats done is done to perserve contunuity
It's not a get rid of the evidence plot device it's a preserve continuity plot device.

KARHAN

KARHAN

that what your doing is pretty arritating^^ >:(

Rhaw

Rhaw

Quote from: karhan on Nov 07, 2007, 06:36:52 PM
that what your doing is pretty arritating^^ >:(
Well I'm not going to lose any sleep over that, so you might as well get over it yourself. ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Its just a little hard to believe that wolf would ideally be able to go around and dissolve every alien corpse in the town. lol.
Why would he need to do that when he has the self-destruct device on his wrist?

You'd think he'd miss at least one or two.

wolf: (thinks to himself) Did I get all those f**kers? Meh. close enoujgh.

camera pans to see one on someone's roof and then one in the ladies room of a bar or something like that. lol.

Highland

Highland

probably because fox hired the brothers to do a 100 minute feature....

Just putting that one out there.  ;)

Rhaw

Rhaw

I doubt they had that much control over when and where the story was set, so they tried to make the best of it. And that ends up being things that most people don't like (BLUE LIGUID.) 

The problem is how the movie will look and feel with some of this stuff. AVP felt kind of cheesy to me the stinky gooey French kind. I don't want my little pony vs. care bear again. If the Aliens feel like the Aliens and the Predator feels like the Predator I can give some slack, but that is just me.

Anomaly

Anomaly

No decision yet on this. I'll have to see this ones visual (or special) effect and if the plot device is abused or not.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I can't see it being abused. At some point, it would take away from the Predator for the Wolf to be uncorking vials all over the place as we watch.

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Rhaw on Nov 07, 2007, 06:29:01 PM

Humans are 60%+ made up of water.

Aliens aren't human their Aliens we don't know what they're made up of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed