Scrap Prometheus sequels for Alien 5?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 10, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Should 20th Century Fox scrap Prometheus sequels for an Alien 5?

Yes
13 (39.4%)
No
20 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Scrap Prometheus sequels for Alien 5? (Read 9,258 times)

whiterabbit

Man I want to see avp3 so bad. I don't even care if it is a piece of shit. Sucks to be left hanging there at the end of avp2. It's like being stuck on a burning ship that just refuses to go down.

Kimarhi

I want an AvP that completely ignores the first two. 

whiterabbit

Yea. No need for explanations. They should just start it with marines going to the predators home world to f**k shit up. And exterminating the predators... while the aliens watch it on TV.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 13, 2014, 08:40:08 PM

Indeed. The first two were a huge mistake. A new film needs to be completely different.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 16, 2014, 07:17:33 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 13, 2014, 08:40:08 PM

Indeed. The first two were a huge mistake. A new film needs to be completely different.

I agree completley, if there was ever a new AVP it would need a very large budget on a cinematic level. It would need to be VERY story driven with a good cast of actors and a new more original design based off of the original Giger Alien and Winston's original Predator from the first film. It cant just be violent but it needs to be more atmospheric and gritty. If they cant at least do those things, I dont even see the point.

Lemonade

No one is going to touch an AvP film for a long, long time. If ever, again. AvP and AvP 2 are some of the worst-received movies of all time, critically and audience-wise.

Kimarhi

They've said that about every series in the collective franchise.  Since I've been alive I've seen sequels to all of them.

Time heals all wounds. 

Lemonade

In the words of Ripley, "I hope you're right. I really do." Deep down, we all want that space battle we thought we were going to get.

Magegg

I'd like to go Aliens: Days of Future Past, have Clone Ripley traveling back to time (akin to the Star Trek reboot), undo Hicks and Newt's deaths and continue the plot from that on.

Lemonade

I'd actually be down for that. I really would. Time travel would be a cool element to add to this franchise, if done right. I'm soooo sick of a bunch of blue-collar smokers and outcasts lining up to get gutted by a giant acid for blood creature. Say what you want about A:R, but at least we got scientists. Granted, they weren't maxed to their potential, but still. It was nice seeing people who weren't societal underdogs for a bit.

Also, f**k Alien 3. It can take the deaths of Hicks and Newt, as well as its mo-motion alien, and shove it up its ass. Squanderer.

Kimarhi

Time Travel is as lazy a plot contrivance as cloning is.

Magegg

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 20, 2014, 11:07:52 PM
Time Travel is as lazy a plot contrivance as cloning is.
Who cares, I want a true Alien 3 with Hicks and Newt deaths undone. Justice has to be done after almost 30 years, don't you think so?

SiL

SiL

People have to stop getting butthurt over a work of fiction after 22 years, don't you think so?

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Jun 21, 2014, 12:29:42 AM
People have to stop getting butthurt over a work of fiction after 22 years, don't you think so?

Nope. That was a really uncalled for raw ride up the backside.

They didn't even have the courtesy to strap on their rape goggles and tell us to "Shh, shh..."

windebieste

As far as I am concerned, 'Prometheus' IS 'ALIEN V'... it's just inserted into the timeline prior to events of all 4 other movies, under a different title.

Bring on 'Prometheus 2', I say. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed