Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:45:09 AM
I do not like the idea of removing the other from Alien. Nor monsters being genetically manipulated to make more toyettic versions. Nor the return of legacy characters.

No, not for me.
Quote from: Kimarhi on Today at 04:52:30 AMIf it is ever released for regular console then maybe. 

This, not interested in virtual reality experiences at all.
Music / Re: electronic music with stay...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:39:24 AM
Saki Kaskas and Jon Hopkins.
Last post by skhellter - Today at 11:38:34 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:51:59 AMThe impression I got was that that DNA was found in the derelict ship we see in ALIEN. Not in building a new one. It hints at somehow humans and Xenos being connected in the past. How? I don't have that information.

Prometheus was out at the time. It's most definitely Engineer DNA which (according to that infamous bit in Prometheus) is a 100% MATCH with HUMAN DNA  :laugh:

considering that there's a lot of hearsay about this detail of the movie, i bet a lot's been misunderstood, lost in the telling.

What makes some sense to me is if the Aliens build (very durable) biomechanical material nests out of their victims - and it would make sense for the Engineers to see this as prized material, they would then go in, exterminate the aliens, retrieve the nests, insert their own tech in there and build proper SHIPS with it. It would maybe go some way to explain why there's a Deacon mural in LV223 - They worship these creatures and others of its ilk. It would explain why the derelict ships look "grown" rather than built, it would explain why the cave under the Derelict in the original movie looks like a technological/aesthetic extension of the Derelict ship itself (the aliens would've built that after the Engineers lose control of the situation).
Music / Re: Who is your favourite DJ '...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:38:18 AM
DJ Shadow.
I think this may have been concept art for the "space elevator's" base station that was supposed to have been a major feature in Blomkamp's film rather than the W-Y HQ.

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:24:44 AM
You ought to watch this gold:

Look promising, maybe time to get a Valve Index  ;D
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 11:19:19 AM
Either that or Furiosa, I'd imagine. I'm thinking more likely Furiosa.
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 11:13:50 AM
The first time we heard the name "Awakening" it was attributed to Ridley's third prequel, but later on another interview (I forget with who) cited it as being a name for Blomkamp's film, not Ridley's (and now we know that Ridley's was using the name "Destiny"). But "Awakening" doesn't really gel with the interview Mike sourced for his video in which Blomkamp makes mention that the title, which is being kept hidden for now, is pretty spoilery as to what is going on in the film. "Awakening" seems a little to vague/generic to hold that kind of weight...

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:51:59 AMThe impression I got was that that DNA was found in the derelict ship we see in ALIEN. Not in building a new one. It hints at somehow humans and Xenos being connected in the past. How? I don't have that information. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

This actually does make a bit of sense to me, pre-Covenant, before we saw David make the Alien and when all we knew about ancient history from Prometheus was that human and Engineer DNA matched, and that the Engineers likely had an ancient past with the Aliens (evidenced by the Pathogen). Maybe it was the ideas in circulation at that time that Blomkamp was riffing on?

Mike, do you happen to know if/how "Destiny's" pre-production overlapped with the tail end of Blomkamp's film's, if at all?

And another question, do you happen to know anything about the "Alien: Paradise Lost" iteration of the Prometheus sequel, from before it became Alien: Covenant?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed