Best Depiction of the Predalien

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 12, 2019, 06:42:30 AM

Which is your favourite depiction of the Predalien?

Aliens vs. Predator: Duel
10 (25.6%)
Aliens versus Predator (1999)
0 (0%)
Aliens versus Predator 2/Primal Hunt
2 (5.1%)
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction
0 (0%)
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
3 (7.7%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
7 (17.9%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
15 (38.5%)
AVP: Evolution
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Best Depiction of the Predalien (Read 11,817 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The hair idea is fatuous.

Again, observe the "Queen" Alien and the "Runner" Alien. The design's different and excellent each, but it's regardless of obvious superficial quality.

Runner:
The absence of the back protrusions, the streamline carapace, the mouth, the airbrush characteristics, the cleaver, the proportions, the animalistic traverssal.

Queen:
The thorn back protrusions, the sheathed cranium, the transparent teeth, the corset, the sexualised hands and feet, the proportions, the Phalangium Opilio traversal, the breadth.

One (bad hair) incorporation ≠ a good design.

Predwars24

Predwars24

This one is tough. I'm ok with AVP:R's design but didn't like how it was portrayed, I'd say though AVP Evolution or AVP 2010, both are actually pretty good so.

The Old One

The Old One

The AVP/AVPR/Evolution design's the worst.
Official design's trash. (Every single, one.)
But retract the fimbra of the 2010 version and it's adequate.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I would love to see a true biomechanical version of it that fits with Big Chap and the warriors from Aliens. In the same color as the regular ones.

Most seem to take the fleshy design from Resurrection/AVP and give it a lighter, predatoresque skincolor.

[cancerblack]

The skin colour thing bugs me more than the dreads, personally.

And the dreads bug me a lot.

[cancerblack]

I should really try to cobble together a decent predalien for the miniatures stuff but man, making something recognizably a both biomechanical and a predalien at that scale while keeping to the no-dreads, no-predskin brief will be... challenging.

The Old One

The Old One

A worthy goal.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

The runner is quite obviously more dog-like than bull-like but I guess it depends on which you choose to follow. I do prefer the Theatrical Cut but for me the runner came from a dog.

I really like the look of the Kenner bull aliens. In my opinion the horns only add to the design, the same way the dreadlocks do.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 07:25:35 PM
The skin colour thing bugs me more than the dreads, personally.

I don't mind a subtler tone of brown but full on beige is a no-go for me.

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Mar 20, 2019, 04:57:00 AM
I really like the look of the Neca bull aliens. In my opinion the horns only add to the design, the same way the dreadlocks do.

Do you mean Kenner? Because I've been eagerly awaiting NECA's reinterpretation and I'll be sad if I've missed it.

[cancerblack]

He means Kenner. Posted Kenner art, and "$55NZD per figure" NECA hasn't done the Bull.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 08:18:39 PM
I should really try to cobble together a decent predalien for the miniatures stuff but man, making something recognizably a both biomechanical and a predalien at that scale while keeping to the no-dreads, no-predskin brief will be... challenging.

You could use the spitters as base, they are actually pretty bulky compared to the normal warriors. Give it a standard tail tip, maybe trim the spikes on the backtube, swap the head with either a normal warrior or the royal guard one,what matches best, give it mandibles from a predator mini(they are much smaller then the predalien ones). Maybe model it a smooth head, if you prefer it to the ridged ones.

At least that is my plan if i find the time for miniature stuff again and get my hands on the spitters.

Predwars24

Predwars24

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 19, 2019, 06:46:34 PM
The AVP/AVPR/Evolution design's the worst.

You obviously didn't see the Extinction one to call those one's the worse.

The Old One

The Old One

*Cough* http://tinyurl.com/ExtinctionAVP

Yes the Requiem Alien/PredAlien design's the worst.

All garbage though, so pick your poison.

The Kenner designs? Laughable, silliness.

Frosty Venom

Kenner, sorry.

Kradan

Kradan

I kinda like what they did in AVPR but would prefer to see this:

or this:

I in general have strange feeling that the best of concept art never turns in actual movie imagery

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed