Best Depiction of the Predalien

Started by Frosty Venom, Mar 12, 2019, 06:42:30 AM

Which is your favourite depiction of the Predalien?

Aliens vs. Predator: Duel
10 (25.6%)
Aliens versus Predator (1999)
0 (0%)
Aliens versus Predator 2/Primal Hunt
2 (5.1%)
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction
0 (0%)
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
3 (7.7%)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
7 (17.9%)
Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
15 (38.5%)
AVP: Evolution
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author
Best Depiction of the Predalien (Read 11,819 times)

Naginata

Naginata

Predators are so jacked that it's literally genetic.  :D

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 23, 2019, 08:54:14 PM
I can take mandibles and dreads, but predator pecks? Hate that on an alien.

I personally would create stylized pecks based on Giger's biomechanics. The ribcage is always nice but lets see how muscles can be pulled off.

The Old One

The Old One

Biomechanics is the biological and mechanical fusion, semen, saliva, tendons, mechanics and translucent skin.

No flesh, no hair.

The Runner

The Runner

Sorry for the self-plug but here is a drawing I did of a Predalien from about 4-5 years back. It's just a sketch with some details.

No dreads for my Predalien. Also, my biggest issue with Predalien depictions is that soooo many times the mandibles look glued on rather then part of the mouth (I'm looking at you Chet).

I tried to make the mandibles part of the functioning jaw with my drawing as well as making the back of the head a tad more crest shaped towards the end rather then rounded end as is found in human spawned xenomorphs.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 24, 2019, 02:29:48 AM
Biomechanics is the biological and mechanical fusion, semen, saliva, tendons, mechanics and translucent skin.

No flesh, no hair.
Which is what muscle is, tendons and fibers intertwined to make a muscle mass. I don't mean put skin on it.

Something like this on its chest, with it roped around some of its shoulders and ribcage

Quote from: The Runner on Mar 24, 2019, 03:23:38 AM
Sorry for the self-plug but here is a drawing I did of a Predalien from about 4-5 years back. It's just a sketch with some details.

No dreads for my Predalien. Also, my biggest issue with Predalien depictions is that soooo many times the mandibles look glued on rather then part of the mouth (I'm looking at you Chet).

I tried to make the mandibles part of the functioning jaw with my drawing as well as making the back of the head a tad more crest shaped towards the end rather then rounded end as is found in human spawned xenomorphs.

Good detail. It makes sense too that the head should be crest shaped than rounded, since it does take some of Pred DNA after all, not human.

The Old One

The Old One

The Alien is inherently evocative of the male and female sex organ intertwined, a law of Alien design as far as I'm concerned.
And part of why every official PredAlien design is lackluster.

Kailem

Kailem

Just imagine the dreadlocks are wangs and it's all good.

The Old One

The Old One

Although, a good design doesn't retain the fimbria.

[cancerblack]

Did you ever finish your Predalien design, Old One?

The Old One

The Old One

No motivation.

[cancerblack]

Working on something to scratch that "just a big Alien with mandibles" itch - obviously it needs some paint but you get the idea.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 11, 2019, 08:40:32 AM
Working on something to scratch that "just a big Alien with mandibles" itch - obviously it needs some paint but you get the idea.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 11, 2019, 08:44:53 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 11, 2019, 08:40:32 AM

The artist is fantastic but I've never dug that piece.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I only like the head, and the color. But overall, I find the piece interesting because it is one of the few Predalien without dreadlocks. A more original take, since most people design them in the other way. However, if one day I draw a Predalien with appendixes on his head, I'd prefer something like this...

[cancerblack]

That's honestly not a million miles away from Chet...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed