Battle of the Heroes: Dutch vs Harrigan

Started by Royce, Jan 11, 2010, 10:22:26 AM

In your own personal view, who made the better hero who went up against a Predator?

Dutch
55 (75.3%)
Harrigan
18 (24.7%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author
Battle of the Heroes: Dutch vs Harrigan (Read 10,608 times)

Fatal Facepalm

I said Harrigan.  To me it was a little more believable.  Dutch vs Anytime was epic but was cat n buff mouse.  Harrigan got lucky and took full advantage of it, staying for the most part one step ahead of PF the whole way. 

First Blood

Hey everbody, just joined the site!  :)

I am going to have to go with Dutch. I am an Arnie fan and I think Dutch had the best lines!

-"Stick Around"
-"No Sport"
-"If it bleeds, we can kill it"
-"Get to the choppa"

Arnie's good a playing a badass too. Don't get me wrong I liked Harrigan.

M-41A

QuoteThe way I see it Duch also got lucky. Pred found his traps and would tear his head off if he wasn`t lucky.

I disagree.

Remember, Dutch set up two traps in that ditch. The knives that were meant to impale the Predator and the tree which ended him. Luck had nothing to do with this.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Also it seemed like dutch knew what he was doing...he had a plan.  Harrigan just ran around, shot the predator, and got lucky in killing it.

Royce

Royce

Quote from: EarthHive on Jan 26, 2010, 05:01:48 AM
Also it seemed like dutch knew what he was doing...he had a plan.  Harrigan just ran around, shot the predator, and got lucky in killing it.

To be fair, Harrigan didn't just run around and fire off his gun. The difference is that Dutch a lot of time to think about how to fight the Predator - to prepare himself by building traps, building weapons - and then he waited for the Predator.

Harrigan had just moments to arm himself with guns and a bulletproof vest and then he had to throw himself into the fight with the Predator. Barely any time to think about how to fight other then the guns he had on him.

Dutch - time to prepare for the fight.
Harrigan - very little time to prepare for the fight.

Also, the Predator is P1 came off as a more seasoned hunter where as the Predator in P2 came off as a young hotshot. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, no. I've always thought that the Predator in P2 was in his final training stages to become a true Predator warrior. He was equally deadly and strong as the Predator in P1 but just a bit... cocky.

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

I find it rather hard to compare really. Yeah, Harrigan was a badass, but the Predator he fought seemed quite more reckless. On the other hand, Dutch fought a Predator with less weaponry and I'm not sure it ends the same way if the Predator had the disc, speargun, etc. Comes down to what would happen if you switched the 2 Predators around. Harrigan is a little at a disadvantage against a Predator that appears to be less reckless than the one he fought, but he also doesn't have to contend with the extra weaponry (of course that also leaves him without the tool he used to defeat the Predator). Dutch has an advantage over the more reckless Predator, but he also has to contend with exta weapons. Of course another question is, how does Harrigan as a cop compare to Dutch as a Special Forces member.

First Blood

Quote from: Yautja117 on Jan 17, 2010, 03:04:05 AM
Dutch. He took the fight to the Predator. Harrigan was runnning away half the time.

Except near the end of P2. From the meatfactory scene on to the finale, Harrigan gave chase to the Predator, hunting it down until they reached the ship.

DarthJones

Dutch of course! You can't get any better than good ol' Arnie!

Herrigan was pretty cool though, Glover's a baaad dude!

BillyHudson

Harrigan fared better against predator through mixture of experience as a cop, luck and predator bit reckless

Dutch did well at first with mud camoufalge but then was gettin beaten up bad and got lucky with the tree trap

If Dutch and Harrigan had fight Dutch would win I think he a marine stronger and younger

all depends on environment, weapons, circumstances etc

Royce sounds most badass with qualities of both dutch and harrigan (sounds like a former marine, seal type gone off the rails and now a hunter/predator back on earth)

Royce

Quote from: BillyHudson on Feb 03, 2010, 08:49:06 PM
Royce sounds most badass with qualities of both dutch and harrigan (sounds like a former marine, seal type gone off the rails and now a hunter/predator back on earth)

After reading that early draft we all read, I think Brody is rather perfect for Royce.

Eternal_1

Harrigan! I despise arnold. Plus he didnt need a 500 pound tree log to fall RIGHT on the Predator's head to win. He actually faught Predator in a KNIFE FIGHT(sorta, he was useing a disc but its was short enough to count)and WON! Arnold got the ass wopping of a lifetime. Its the "muscles"(steroids much?) and the guns he had that made in look "badass". Hes just a joke.

Harrigan FTW!

N3mes1s

I would say Harrigan. Dutch was very badass also,but he got lucky with the mud,otherwise,I think that predator would kill him.

Still,it's close.

HannibalKing

The difference is that Dutch was getting his ass kicked by a healthy all-in-one piece Predator while he had no weapon. Harrigan on the other hand had a weapon and was fighting a Predator that was missing a forearm and which was shot to hell.

Basher917

I have to say Harrigan, Dutch got very lucky in my opinion, through Harrigan too, but Harrigan had beat a predator by using the Pred's own wepon, just making him more badass to me.

Gho5t Predator

Gho5t Predator

Dutch used tactics to kill Anytime although his strength didn't hurt whil Harigan had guns and a lowdown of what preds were thx to Keys by the time Dutch figured out what the pred was he didn't have anything to fight it with so he used his resources Dutch didn't have a shotgun from the ever so futuristic year of 1997

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed