How many sequels should there be?

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 15, 2014, 10:15:26 PM

Author
How many sequels should there be? (Read 5,099 times)

Liberator

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2014, 02:20:28 AM
But there already is - they get beaten by humans in three out of five films.  Humans can't match them in terms of strength and technology, so they have to be outsmarted in some way.

Most people they hunt will still end up dead, though, and if it goes to the Predators scenario it's too grim.  Think of the jungle where Dutch encountered the first predator, and let's say another predator comes there in 30 years or so (2017, let's say).  The predator is killing people one by one.  Ana contacts Dutch and tells him "it's happening again".  Dutch is one of the only people who could help.  The operation would be costly and dangerous, and Dutch would have a team of young soldiers to go in and do the actual fighting, but if it succeeds I think the predators would conclude that the jungle isn't a good place to hunt anymore.  Dutch doesn't go there to capture the predator or get its technology.  He goes there because he doesn't believe anyone should be left to be hunted down by the predator.

SM

SM

QuoteAnna @AnnaTheJungleGirl
@DutchSchae4 its happening agein lol #BringDaChoppa

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't particularly want to know all about the Predators. I'd like there to be some mystery there.

Predator 2, for all it's faults, did do a good job of hinting at more about Predator culture without giving too much away. It was still mysterious. I wouldn't mind something along those lines, but I certainly don't wanna see a bunch of Predators sitting around at home saying, "Let's go hunt some hoomans, that'll be banter."

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 02, 2014, 07:44:16 AM
I don't particularly want to know all about the Predators. I'd like there to be some mystery there.

^ THIS!! THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

We don't need to see the homeworld, we already know what their society is like so please we don't need a further examination of that and we most certainly don't need any Predator Kings or Queens, leave that shit in fanfiction.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 03, 2014, 06:11:08 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 02, 2014, 07:44:16 AM

^ THIS!! THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

We don't need to see the homeworld, we already know what their society is like so please we don't need a further examination of that and we most certainly don't need any Predator Kings or Queens, leave that shit in fanfiction.

I'm not against seeing the homeworld but if they show it then I like it to be like they showed it in AVP-R, it didn't really mess with anything showed in the previous movies. I agree with that they should avoid Predator Kings and Queens, I would rather have them in different tribes and they are all about hunting, each tribe have an alfa, like the Elder from the lost tribe in P2, if there are any females they would be used for breeding purposes, the ones who have birthed strong and healthy hunters, who survived plenty of hunts would be given a higher status in their society, if a female gives birth to a Predator who is born sick or weak, she would be forced to commit suecide. I know it sounds f**ked up but I'm going with the fact that if they aren't able to kill their selected prey they commit suecide, you could argue that they do it so that they can avoid capture. But in P2 we had Pussyface chooseing suecide over escape, when suecide no longer was an option for him, he desided to heal himself and made his way back to the ship.
Sp what I implying is that being successful in hunting is pretty important to them, it's a matter of life and death, so why wouldn't breeding strong hunters be looked at as the same. Besides in my eyes they are as evil as they have been shown to be over confident, every lifeform able to play their game is still a lifeform that's lesser than them, these lifeforms are regarded as prey while they are the hunters.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Milan on Sep 05, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
I'm not against seeing the homeworld but if they show it then I like it to be like they showed it in AVP-R, it didn't really mess with anything showed in the previous movies.

I liked the planet which we saw in AvP-R. I don't think that there was anything wrong with that planet. However I just don't like the idea of the homeworld being the main setting.. It just invokes too many bad memories of reading Rodriguez's 1994 PREDATORS script. And a movie set on the homeworld is something I would really like to see avoided.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 05, 2014, 05:34:39 PM
Quote from: Milan on Sep 05, 2014, 11:33:00 AM
I'm not against seeing the homeworld but if they show it then I like it to be like they showed it in AVP-R, it didn't really mess with anything showed in the previous movies.

I liked the planet which we saw in AvP-R. I don't think that there was anything wrong with that planet. However I just don't like the idea of the homeworld being the main setting.. It just invokes too many bad memories of reading Rodriguez's 1994 PREDATORS script. And a movie set on the homeworld is something I would really like to see avoided.

Agree with you totaly and there is so many other settings that could be used for a predator movie. Imo there are still many things about the Predator that needs to be showed in a movie before we get one on their home world. If they ever release a movie in the future where the story takes place on the home world then I hope they draw inspiration from old Sparta but instead of the Predators being warriors they would be hunters, that the focus would be on hunting and not warfare, if they ever did work for others it would be as bounty hunters not mercenaries.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed