Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by skhellter - Today at 11:38:34 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:51:59 AMThe impression I got was that that DNA was found in the derelict ship we see in ALIEN. Not in building a new one. It hints at somehow humans and Xenos being connected in the past. How? I don't have that information.

Prometheus was out at the time. It's most definitely Engineer DNA which (according to that infamous bit in Prometheus) is a 100% MATCH with HUMAN DNA  :laugh:
Music / Re: Who is your favourite DJ '...
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:38:18 AM
DJ Shadow.
I think this may have been concept art for the "space elevator's" base station that was supposed to have been a major feature in Blomkamp's film rather than the W-Y HQ.

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:24:44 AM
You ought to watch this gold:

Look promising, maybe time to get a Valve Index  ;D
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 11:19:19 AM
Either that or Furiosa, I'd imagine. I'm thinking more likely Furiosa.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 11:13:50 AM
The first time we heard the name "Awakening" it was attributed to Ridley's third prequel, but later on another interview (I forget with who) cited it as being a name for Blomkamp's film, not Ridley's (and now we know that Ridley's was using the name "Destiny"). But "Awakening" doesn't really gel with the interview Mike sourced for his video in which Blomkamp makes mention that the title, which is being kept hidden for now, is pretty spoilery as to what is going on in the film. "Awakening" seems a little to vague/generic to hold that kind of weight...

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:51:59 AMThe impression I got was that that DNA was found in the derelict ship we see in ALIEN. Not in building a new one. It hints at somehow humans and Xenos being connected in the past. How? I don't have that information. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

This actually does make a bit of sense to me, pre-Covenant, before we saw David make the Alien and when all we knew about ancient history from Prometheus was that human and Engineer DNA matched, and that the Engineers likely had an ancient past with the Aliens (evidenced by the Pathogen). Maybe it was the ideas in circulation at that time that Blomkamp was riffing on?

Mike, do you happen to know if/how "Destiny's" pre-production overlapped with the tail end of Blomkamp's film's, if at all?

And another question, do you happen to know anything about the "Alien: Paradise Lost" iteration of the Prometheus sequel, from before it became Alien: Covenant?
Last post by gold - Today at 11:10:45 AM
Peeh, you know exactly what I mean. Aliens and A3 were the last original movies (A3 disappointing a lot of fans). Think of how DIFFERENT Alien, Aliens and Alien3 are in terms of films.

A: Res copied (and satirized) Earth War somewhat and everything since has been "Made in China":

"Here's yet another bunch of people, led by a female brunette, getting eaten"TM

Like badly copied Chinese car designs that try and copy BMW and Mercedes, the brunette actresses on Prometheus, Covenant and Romulus are even cast to LOOK like Sigourney Weaver.

Do something original for once (Blomkamp :( ) and stop insulting viewer intelligence.

/ok rant over. Sorry, I love this franchise but this needs to be said (and I'm sure has been said by others), like on the RPF forum here:

https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/what-happened-to-creativity-in-futuristic-movie-fire-arms-design-pics-inside.357234/
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Today at 08:51:59 AMThe response so far has been awesome, thank you all for watching! Most of you are reacting very similarly to when I got the info. I'm probably tempting fate by even sharing the info. If I randomly stop posting or the video disappears, it was Disney who pulled the trigger!!! :laugh:

Clearing some things up from some of the questions I've seen:

The impression I got was that that DNA was found in the derelict ship we see in ALIEN. Not in building a new one. It hints at somehow humans and Xenos being connected in the past. How? I don't have that information. It doesn't make sense to me at all. I too dig the idea of the ship being grown. But just not like this.

The information was given to me very broken up, and very incomplete. There's a lot more I know, but a whole lot more that's unknown to me too. So I can't really answer a lot of the "how?". I've been asking that since the day I was educated on all this stuff. So things like the film title, I don't know. The title of Ridley's next film kept being referred to as Destiny, but I don't know if it was planned as a placeholder or not. I'd heard "Awakening" for Blomkamp's, but I did not have enough confirmation to put that one in the video. Did Ridley call it something like that once?

I do believe the jockeys would be involved in some way, we see the Xeno mech suit having Jockey-like features, along with some of that Xeno concept art showing one in a chair.

Blomkamp wanted a lot of control. He cited creative differences, which I think was him butting heads with Fox when they gave him some "no"s on this stuff. He likely paid for all of this stuff going on behind the scenes out of his own pocket, which could add to his frustration on it not seeing the light of day. Ultimately, it wasn't Ridley saying no and calling the shots, it was Fox.

I wish I had remembered O'Bannon's comments about the xenomorph, that does almost line up with some of the Blomkamp stuff. Very interesting point!

I'll try to keep up with questions, but again, I don't have all the answers to give. But will try if I can! Also will respond when I have time. After fighting with this video so much to get it uploaded, I needed to step away and take some space from. I was quite frustrated with the delays, but glad it's out there for you all to finally see.

Great short documentary that neatly collates all the news and discussions posted on here over all the years. You should consider doing a feature length documentary film (ala Jodorowsky's Dune) one day if you can force Neill Blomkamp to sit down and talk about it.

What was the copyright notice you got slammed for in the initial upload? Background music? Doubt Disney would take this down. Or you for that matter.

QuoteI'd heard "Awakening" for Blomkamp's, but I did not have enough confirmation to put that one in the video. Did Ridley call it something like that once?

Wasn't "Awakening" supposed to be the last film in Ridley's prequel trilogy?

I think Blomkamp's project went under the codename "Red Harvest".
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 11:04:24 AM
Also, there's the Rexim laser pistol from Alien, and the smartgun in Aliens, neither of which are mentioned in the films.

Does the quinitricetyline in Alien 3 count?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed