Who else wants AVP3 for PC?

Started by automirage04, Aug 22, 2007, 11:50:34 PM

Author
Who else wants AVP3 for PC? (Read 5,971 times)

automirage04

automirage04

I really enjoyed both AVP games for PC. I kept expecting a third one to be released, but one never came :P

Am I the only one who enjoyed these games? Or are tehre other like me who want another sequel to these games?

Predboy

Predboy

I cant say, since I never played them, but by the looks of the screen shots and vis, they seem to be quite good. :)

PS. one post away from being a ravager, yay ;D

Huol

Huol

I'd love an avp3 with proper physics, F.E.A.R style graphics and such.
Unfortunatly it would probably be influenced by the new movies and will never be as good as avp2.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Huol on Aug 23, 2007, 01:06:31 AM
Unfortunatly it would probably be influenced by the new movies and will never be as good as avp2.

What I hope at least, is that if they make movie based games, the titles will reflect that, but otherwise the games in the current PC line will continue being independent of outside influences :)

And yeah...I really hope if they do make another one that they use slightly better character models than in AVP2...thought they were a bit of a downgrade from AVP1.

There are so many sweeeet graphics engines out there, that another game in the series could be something really really special. Especially in multiplayer. Imagine seeing a facehugger jumping at you in SOURCE engine ....... *boner*

Chaotic-Strike

Yes I would love an avp3 game a done properly one mind you though I think if they were ever going to make one it would be out by now.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The license keeps changing hands.  You'd think though that with the way multiplayer has survived and been pretty solid for six years, that they would've made a third by now.

Corporal Hicks

I'm thinking that this PSP game might be a runup for a Rebellion AvP3...Well...hoping, at least.

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

i have read some rumour on wikipedia that they are making the third one ( or planning that ).....the possible release was mentioned about 2010......but dont know if its true....hope that it is

automirage04

automirage04

Man I hope you are right.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: Huol on Aug 23, 2007, 01:06:31 AM

F.E.A.R. doesnt look all that good, now. That definitely shouldnt be the mark you reach for. Crysis, is possibly the best example of a PC FPS title, right now. And you they could take advantage of the CryENGINE2's amazing ability to render forest and foliage for the game aswell.

Gametrailers has a slew of videos.

And an influence from current movies should, and would not have an effect on the game being good. It's silly to think that in the first place, young sir.

Huol

Huol

Ok, lets try something.

Who here, can run Crysis?  ::)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Huol on Aug 28, 2007, 12:59:40 PM
Ok, lets try something.

I am not even sure, but if i can pull it off, I will be a God amongst you all.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Sol on Aug 28, 2007, 10:28:11 AM

And an influence from current movies should, and would not have an effect on the game being good. It's silly to think that in the first place, young sir.

Except that if they were to base it on the new movies, we could kiss the Marine's arsenal from the first two games goodbye. No more smartgun, no more ALICE.

Fewer weapon options in a sequel is new something I never like to see, ie. I would have less fun, ie. I hope they dont base it on the current movies, and keep to the whole AVP in space thing.

Ok, lets try something.

Probably not.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 28, 2007, 04:16:12 PM
Quote from: Sol on Aug 28, 2007, 10:28:11 AM

Except that if they were to base it on the new movies, we could kiss the Marine's arsenal from the first two games goodbye. No more smartgun, no more ALICE.

Fewer weapon options in a sequel is new something I never like to see, ie. I would have less fun, ie. I hope they dont base it on the current movies, and keep to the whole AVP in space thing.

Ok, lets try something.

Probably not.
I wouldn't miss ALICE.
I always thought that thing was kind of absurd...

automirage04

automirage04

I thought it was more plausible than the Loader. Fighting a queen with a forklift on legs...not my favorite moment in Aliens. Making an exosuit that was specialized for combat seemed a little more realistic.

But still, an AVP game just wouldnt feel the same without the smartgun option.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed