Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,923 times)

MajorB

Are the shots of Daniels' speech the same as the Last Supper prologue? She does have that extra line.

Is there an analogous scene in the movie where she gives a speech similar to the prologue, but in the context of the actual events of the film?

whiterabbit

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 01, 2017, 02:13:23 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 01, 2017, 02:09:26 AM
I'm taking it that there's no little mouth?  ???
I hope there's a little mouth.
I'd assume it would use it's mouth to bust open the window but instead it's using it's head. That's practically the only thing left out of the trailer.

Someone or something is having a bad day on the table down there...
Spoiler
[close]

Scorpio

I like Daniel's speech.  Waterston really sells it.

Wobblyboddle77

Now that's how you do a trailer, that shot of David walking through all those dead engineer corpses,unsettling but fascinating too. I'm unsure if thats Noomis hand being held, didn't she take her ring off in prometheus? if so that is not shaw because that individual has a ring on their finger.

shawsbaby

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 01, 2017, 02:09:26 AM
I'm taking it that there's no little mouth?  ???

Would be strange for it not to have a second mouth. The Deacon's mouth had a similar two jawed thing going as well (if not a second little mouth).

MrSpaceJockey

Ultramorph

God, I love that shot from the trailer.

shawsbaby

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Mar 01, 2017, 02:21:19 AM
Now that's how you do a trailer, that shot of David walking through all those dead engineer corpses,unsettling but fascinating too. I'm unsure if thats Noomis hand being held, didn't she take her ring off in prometheus? if so that is not shaw because that individual has a ring on their finger.

That's not Shaw's hand. Damien Bachir's character is holding
Spoiler
his husband's bloody hand presumably. There's emphasis on each's wedding ring
[close]

BioMechanicum

[SPOILERS]Only complaint was the line "first large scale colony mission". Between this movie and Prometheus, early space faring humanity has had some very serious, expensive, mysterious, f**kups with space travel. I hope there's a compelling reason why this 'first massive colony mission' lands on this planet and gets embroiled in all this mess.[/SPOILERS]

Morose

Everything looks good. I am not that impressed with how they made the aliens cgi. The graphics of the neomorph almost look like the old graphics used for the creature in splice. The cgi for the xenomorph almost resemble those you used for the one in alien isolation. I feel that they could have easily put a tall or (if this the young neomorph) a short person in these creature suits.
However, it is possible that they did use costumes and we simply saw scenes that were to difficult to film with a person in a costume (ex alien climbing on wall, jumping off ledge, banging its head)

Wobblyboddle77

Thats an engineer corpse in the trailer too just before the Alien jumps down, its quite clear. Looks like David has been studying their internal biology too.

Spartan1910

I f****** loved it!

shawsbaby

Quote from: Morose on Mar 01, 2017, 02:29:43 AM
Everything looks good. I am not that impressed with how they made the aliens cgi. The graphics of the neomorph almost look like the old graphics used for the creature in splice. The cgi for the xenomorph almost resemble those you used for the one in alien isolation. I feel that they could have easily put a tall or (if this the young neomorph) a short person in these creature suits.
However, it is possible that they did use costumes and we simply saw scenes that were to difficult to film with a person in a costume (ex alien climbing on wall, jumping off ledge, banging its head)

Much of the creature work, if not most, is puppetry or guys in suits. The CGI is actually fairly limited.

razeak

I prefer biomechanical, but this fleshy alien actually looks great.

shawsbaby

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Mar 01, 2017, 02:30:45 AM
Thats an engineer corpse in the trailer too just before the Alien jumps down, its quite clear. Looks like David has been studying their internal biology too.

Agreed. I really don't understand how anyone thinks that's Shaw?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed