Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,354 times)

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 05:11:03 PM
I prefer it if the dominant alien becomes the queen.  That way it is genetically pre-determined.  The best alien DNA gets passed on, creating a new batch of aliens which has a dominant alien again, etc, etc.  So genetic improvements can happen.  That is seen in biology, also.

It is kind of like a mixing of insect and mammal reproductive systems.

I had this similar conversation with a T3 fan...  you always want to make sure things are as simple as possible. This idea feels more like the x-men films (which I love).

So brainiacs will say: you wanted realism this is REAL. NO. The key is a balance of appealing and realism, not ACTUAL realism. Sometimes things that technically exist in real life look more bogus than something made up. The art of illusion doesnt work that way.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 05:24:52 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 05:11:03 PM
I prefer it if the dominant alien becomes the queen.  That way it is genetically pre-determined.  The best alien DNA gets passed on, creating a new batch of aliens which has a dominant alien again, etc, etc.  So genetic improvements can happen.  That is seen in biology, also.

It is kind of like a mixing of insect and mammal reproductive systems.

I had this similar conversation with a T3 fan...  you always want to make sure things are as simple as possible. This idea feels more like the x-men films (which I love).

So brainiacs will say: you wanted realism this is REAL. NO. The key is a balance of appealing and realism, not ACTUAL realism. Sometimes things that technically exist in real life look more bogus than something made up. The art of illusion doesnt work that way.

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say here.  That they should keep the explanations simple even if it doesn't make sense? 

Btw, most of that can be inferred from the evidence onscreen, it doesn't have to be explicitly stated anywhere.  Just show the predalien taking control and barfing in people's mouths - that's all they need to show.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 05:34:39 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say here.  That they should keep the explanations simple even if it doesn't make sense? 

Define "make sense". In film or in complete reality.

lucan khan

lucan khan

Ok right, i think this is simular to what Yellow Alien said but i think its down to the situation:

Aliens 3: eggs on the saluco, (smuggled or laid by the queen at some point before she was blown out to space) now we dont know how many eggs there were right? so one that went for Ripley and teh other went for the dog, but pretty much the situation was that there was no queen about, THEN ripley was impreganted, so like a telepathic thing the embryo became a queen, then we have the dog drone to secure the area,

AVP/AVP-R : Near the end of AVP when the predator was inpreganated the queen was live and kicking and planning escape right? so no need for the embryo to go into any kind of metamophesis, so it just developes normally, AVP happens, predator corpse/comatose body  taken up into the ship, and the chest burster bursts, situation here is theres no queen, so it goes into a metamorphasis which is probaly slower because its almost fully queen rather that being an under developed embryo. Thats how i see the queen production method, this idea with the vomiting young queen kind of makes sense, if a queen can lay eggs that prouce aliens why not cut out the middle man and stick it right in there? the whole egg morphing idea was a bit far fetched really, and was never actually shown only as a deleted scene right? and thats what it was deleted, as in not actually happened

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 12:49:57 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 12:44:42 AM
And arguing with the Director of what would be considered a Winter Blockbuster... WOW!! Just WOW!! Talk about forcing your vision down on a director who has already completed the filming.
Or maybe it's just showing how the director's vision sucks ass, goes against what we've seen and makes themselves out to be a bit flimsy on their definition of 'not breaking canon'?

The only difference between Colin and any other moronic fanboy out there is that Colin's ideas become canon.

WARNING - LONG POST AHEAD... ::)

Actually, SiL, this Colin idea conflicts directly with what precedes it, namely in Alien Resurrection, so it won't be cannon, as it clearly conflicts with what has been established in 1997, so if some director 10 years later decides to contradict it, he better have his lesson learned, because he has, so far, just demonstrated this movie had no place in being made if , for budget reasons, this transvesti is the best they came up with... BUT I am sure the following director (AVP3 or Alien 5) will put things right again... Colin's idea cannot be the last word on it... It disrupts and damages what came 'after' and clearly is way worse than EM, that's for sure...the worse about EM would be the duration, but this lazy idea just made me realise this movie should not have been done...

If you destroy the credibility of how Aliens are born, you destroy the Aliens' credibility throughout the movie... And that's the worse it could happen... Forget the fight sequences, the humans getting horrible deaths, kidbursting, because when you destroy the foundations of anything, no building manages to remain standing up...

For budget reasons, FOX and the Bros, managed to destroy continuity, destroy Jim Cameron's Queen concept, render what transpired from AR a lie regarding the time a Queen begins laying eggs, render the Alien genesis laughable and pointless, and the most hilarious part of it all, is that this AVPR movie is a PREQUEL to the Alien movies..:!!!   :o :o :D :D

Canon is what comes first, not some juvenile idea of messing with the establishment...If any new idea contradicts or negates what came first, it is the new idea that has to prove itself worthy, not the ones already established... What I call the 'Seniority power factor'...

With this new RC, Colin is risking the credibility of what will be on the movie, just for budget reasons and some ill-advised idea that rookie directors often have which is to impose their ideas on the movie, even though they conflict directly with the previous movies, namely Alien Resurrection...

That single dialogue scene between Perez, Wren and Gediman proves Colin's motivations are all wrong, and his statements erroneous at best... There is no leeway left unexplored between a young Queen stage and an adult one... AR clearly showed she can only lay eggs after reaching adult size and form...

The Predalien is clearly a pathetic display of bad conception designs together with lack of respect for the canon which clearly states no Queen has the features of the hosts...Aliens and AR Queens didn't, nor did the AVP one, but Colin now has a Predalien Queen with more Predator features than Alien ones, even with Predator skin... about the same size of a Predator, regurgitating eggs through her mouth, even though she is clearly not adult yet, and the Bros. and FOX expected to let this one slide until the premiere, where we would be getting the blow... but then it would be too late...

I have no doubts in saying we've been had, boys... What else must we be expecting...? Still two months to come, so plenty of time to have a few more details leaked, and hopefully not more of these... >:(

I was trying to convince myself to go see this movie just for the hell of it but then I realised, if at least 1000 people think like that, this movie will give a lot of money to FOX and then we will be having more of these, so I think I have no choice but to listen to my voice of reason and see what transpipres from the US premiere first... I'll have three weeks before I can see it anyway, so I will wait and see...

I am very disappointed with all this...I truly am... Forget what I said about the designs looking bad and everything else, which is a matter of subjective taste anyway... When you mess with well-established canon, then all is up for grabs...! :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:(

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 05:19:09 PM

It was Colin that mentioned it in one of his posts in this topic.  I agree, that it is a good idea and elevates them above merely 'bugs'.

Ok gameoverman, i think I got your angle now. Heres a response....

Essentially if Cameron took a more down to earth approach for these creatures and gave them a lifecycle similar to insects, perhaps it shouldnt be messed with much. Its a form of creating illusion that strikes a familiar chord in us, thus making it more authentic feeling. Bryan Singer did the same when he made Superman a supernatural almost biblical proportions figure in Superman Returns. Both genius imo.

Im just saying one doesnt want to overcomplicate things. Keep it simple, but explained simple and well. Itll get too geeky.

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 05:17:27 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 05:12:20 AM
The tampered Queen theory is a fan theory to begin with from AVP that's never been confirmed, so it's a further stretch to apply it here.

I know, I know...... but this sure is easier to swallow than simply accepting this new life-cycle crap.

Indeed!!  Hopefully it won't surface again in any other movies.  Hey directors!!! Stick with the program why don't you!!!

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Is there such a thing as to geeky? lol

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 27, 2007, 05:42:57 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 12:49:57 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 12:44:42 AM
And arguing with the Director of what would be considered a Winter Blockbuster... WOW!! Just WOW!! Talk about forcing your vision down on a director who has already completed the filming.
Or maybe it's just showing how the director's vision sucks ass, goes against what we've seen and makes themselves out to be a bit flimsy on their definition of 'not breaking canon'?

The only difference between Colin and any other moronic fanboy out there is that Colin's ideas become canon.

Actually, SiL, this Colin idea conflicts directly with what precedes it, namely in Alien Resurrection, so it won't be cannon, as it clearly conflicts with what has been established in 1997, so if some director 10 years later decides to contradict it, he better have his lesson learned, because he has, so far, just demonstrated this movie had no place in being made if , for budget reasons, this transvesti is the best they came up with... BUT I am sure the following director (AVP3 or Alien 5) will put things right again... Colin's idea cannot be the last word on it... It disrupts and damages what came 'after' and clearly is way worse than EM, that's for sure...the worse about EM would be the duration, but this lazy idea just made me realise this movie should not have been done...

If you destroy the credibility of how Aliens are born, you destroy the Aliens' credibility throughout the movie... And that's the worse it could happen... Forget the fight sequences, the humans getting horrible deaths, kidbursting, because when you destroy the foundations of anything, no building manages to remain standing up...

For budget reasons, FOX and the Bros, managed to destroy continuity, destroy Jim Cameron's Queen concept, render what transpired from AR a lie regarding the time a Queen begins laying eggs, render the Alien genesis laughable and pointless, and the most hilarious part of it all, is that this AVPR movie is a PREQUEL to the Alien movies..:!!!   :o :o :D :D

Canon is what comes first, not some juvenile idea of messing with the establishment...If any new idea contradicts or negates what came first, it is the new idea that has to prove itself worthy, not the ones already established... What I call the 'Seniority power factor'...

With this new RC, Colin is risking the credibility of what will be on the movie, just for budget reasons and some ill-advised idea that rookie directors often have which is to impose their ideas on the movie, even though they conflict directly with the previous movies, namely Alien Resurrection...

That single dialogue scene between Perez, Wren and Gediman proves Colin's motivations are all wrong, and his statements erroneous at best... There is no leeway left unexplored between a young Queen stage and an adult one... AR clearly showed she can only lay eggs after reaching adult size and form...

The Predalien is clearly a pathetic display of bad conception designs together with lack of respect for the canon which clearly states no Queen has the features of the hosts...Aliens and AR Queens didn't, nor did the AVP one, but Colin now has a Predalien Queen with more Predator features than Alien ones, even with Predator skin... about the same size of a Predator, regurgitating eggs through her mouth, even though she is clearly not adult yet, and the Bros. and FOX expected to let this one slide until the premiere, where we would be getting the blow... but then it would be too late...

I have no doubts in saying we've been had, boys... What else must we be expecting...? Still two months to come, so plenty of time to have a few more details leaked, and hopefully not more of these... >:(

I was trying to convince myself to go see this movie just for the hell of it but then I realised, if at least 1000 people think like that, this movie will give a lot of money to FOX and then we will be having more of these, so I think I have no choice but to listen to my voice of reason and see what transpipres from the US premiere first... I'll have three weeks before I can see it anyway, so I will wait and see...

I am very disappointed with all this...I truly am... Forget what I said about the designs looking bad and everything else, which is a matter of subjective taste anyway... When you mess with well-established canon, then all is up for grabs...! :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:(

YutaniDitch - I demonstrated before, it does not contradict Alien Resurrection in any way.

The only thing it may contradict is the egg-morphing scene in Alien.

Predator-S

Predator-S

Which was fairly stupid.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Sorry there, gameoverman... Could you copy-paste your response again...? When I left yesterday, we were at page 14... now, we are already at page 59... :o :o and I am having some trouble keeping up with all the posts...!  :-[ ::)

pete

pete

sooooooooo,

The Pred alien is a young queen (either molting into one or just growing up into one) but before she gets attached to the wall and is immobile and a little helpless laying eggs (A2) she uses this alternative method of reproduction to build up a quick army (multiple bursters) who will protect her and bring her hosts once she starts the egg-cycle.

This idea kind of fits with the older idea of the Queen having a 'Royal Guard' of tougher aliens in the nest.

But are Prealien drones and facehugger drones the same, or are their differences?

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Dude, Colin said that this part of the life cycle won't contradict anything in any of the Alien movies, take his word for it. It might seem really bad right now but it might actually work in the movie.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 27, 2007, 05:59:32 PM
Sorry, gameover...must have dozed off... could you copy-paste your response...? When I left yesterday, we were at page 14... now, we are already at page 59... :o :o and I am having some trouble keeping up with all the posts...!  :-[ ::)

I said the Queen never had a chance to use the 'barfing' method because she was in captivity.

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: Skynetdyne on Oct 27, 2007, 08:29:54 AM
Quote from: MattTaz on Oct 27, 2007, 07:59:26 AM
Quote from: Skynetdyne on Oct 27, 2007, 07:31:16 AM
Well after reading many posts on this thread and trying not to have my brain explode after reading all the arguements i feel id like to put my 2 cents in.

This idea first infuriated me and pissed me off to no end. It took about 3 hours for me to have a turning point on it. I begane to picture the predalien holding some one down and slowly forcing its mouth down the victims throat and i realized just how perfect it is. It goes extremely well with the sexual aspect of the face hugger and design of the alien. It really is a rape now.

This explains the necesity of having the long mouths with the species. The thought of what a lone drone will do in the absence of a hive is not bad. I did prefer the pratorian growth theory but i think this theory works well also.

Actually the DVD extras H R Giger is on he's always drawing the Alien kissing the human host.  As I consider Giger to be the soul of the alien creature it could be argued that this new lifecycle is more in tune with Giger's creation than any of the other ideas i.e. Newborn

You can just imagine Giger dressed in black sitting on one of his freaky chairs saying "Yes kiss her, deeper yes, that's so creepy and sensual"

OK I've just freaked myself out   ;D

Thats exactly what I like about it, its a very giger idea. And Giger is the soul of the Alien.

That is a good point.  The concept does tap into the ethos of the alien as conceptualized by Giger.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed