Should AFT include angry giant Engineers as enemies?

Started by acrediblesource, Mar 16, 2021, 06:22:38 PM

Should AFT include angry giant Engineers as enemies?

Yes
17 (53.1%)
No
15 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: May 05, 2021, 06:22:38 PM

Author
Should AFT include angry giant Engineers as enemies? (Read 2,697 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

So i know I would love to see sevveral Engineer, in  biosuits, raging at you! Super human size and strength,let's see him the size he is suppose to be. I also want him to explode after shooting off his biosuit!
Wouldn't you all want this too?

Some should be infected with something, black goo ready to explode, a chestburster, maybe even a trilobite coming out of his mouth, or even a neomorph coming out of his mouth. Then you'll have to chase that baby alien!

Immortan Jonesy

If that includes play as an Engineer, why not? :laugh:

acrediblesource

no, because you missed the point of my post. this is about engineers as enemies.

Immortan Jonesy

I know, but I prefer to be one of them to be honest  :laugh:

Drukathi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 16, 2021, 06:31:36 PM
https://i.ibb.co/R4vKC7P/FASEngineer.jpg

The ultimate chad.

I would like to see an Engineer-boss. Or the opportunity to find and use their weapons.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Drukathi on Mar 16, 2021, 07:14:48 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 16, 2021, 06:31:36 PM
https://i.ibb.co/R4vKC7P/FASEngineer.jpg

The ultimate chad.

I would like to see an Engineer-boss. Or the opportunity to find and use their weapons.

Well, for the Engineer-boss they can make them Jockey size as the OP suggests.

Nightmare Asylum

Why stop at Jockey sized?

Immortan Jonesy

Mr.Turok

Several? Nah, it feels silly to have another mook enemy type to mow down with bullets. Rather have them as a singular recurring boss that we are forced to fight or run away from. IF they are the highly advanced race that Ridley made them out to be, then actually execute the idea. I would look at the Fire and Stone/Life and Death comics where they have energy shields, thick power armor, and durability, bringing hell to Colonial Marines squadron. Would be cool to be rewarded by taken Engineer weapon and armor from them after completing the game and take it with us to a New Game + or something.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 16, 2021, 08:57:51 PM
Rather have them as a singular recurring boss that we are forced to fight or run away from. 

More logical. I get it. I wasn't going with a horde of them. Yes, they would make a pinnacle boss.plus it would be the first in incorporating them into a game in a reasonable and logical way to be part of the lore.
I would like to know why the bio suit was being used to begin with because they look so similar to the xenomorph's body. I get the feeling they farmed xenos skeletons for purposes to protect themselves from something.

SuperiorIronman

The suit out of universe was to explain why the Engineers looked like Humans while also retaining the appearance in Alien. If the Xenomorph wasn't made until later the only real answer I can give is that David thought it looked cool on the big monster that ripped his head off and made a bunch of bugs wearing it.

BlueMarsalis79

Absolutely not.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 16, 2021, 08:57:51 PM
Rather have them as a singular recurring boss that we are forced to fight or run away from.

I bet a single Kung fu Engineer can decimate an entire squad.

BlueMarsalis79

Stitch

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed