25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

Started by Adam802, Mar 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM

Author
25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage (Read 30,919 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I think I'm probably not the target audience for this sort of game. It's just non stop action whereas I prefer taking my time. I like having a good single player campaign like Isolation.

razeak

razeak

The aliens shouldn't stop closing distance. I hope they path from different directions.

The aliens shouldn't stop closing distance. I hope they path from different directions.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Looks ok, though nothing really groundbreaking. Always find myself wondering where all the aliens came from in these things though... :)

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 04, 2021, 07:37:20 PM
I think I'm probably not the target audience for this sort of game. It's just non stop action whereas I prefer taking my time. I like having a good single player campaign like Isolation.

I think I'm in the same boat. I was hoping for a bit more horror and strategy from this. What I've seen so far looks like bug hunt mode from A:CM.

I dunno. I remember playing the coop mod for AvP1999 and feeling like that was the level of pacing and challenge I wanted from a coop Aliens game.

Once you start throwing wave after wave of clambering and easy to cutdown xenomorphs the tension felt in the films kind of just evaporates.

There was such an emphasis on how even one xenomorph entering their stronghold could mean death for all of the survivors.

Again, not what they're going for here. I get it, just wish I could get the tactical coop Aliens game I've dreamed of since the announcement of the ACM game on PS2.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Alien Isolation was a game changer (no pun intended). Games like this just seem generic and by-the-numbers. Aliens running at you with all the menace and threat of your neighbor's German shepherd. "Oh here they come." bang bang DEAD moving on. lame.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Hmmn, seems to be quite genereric and boring arcade shooter. But probably somewhat fun to play with friends.

Bad:
Stiff animation
Too bright lightning
No helmets (maybe optional)
Overcrowded hud (maybe tweakable)
Color outline on the aliens (should be able to turn off surely)
Third person view makes the aliens seem tiny and puny
Acid looks cheap
Hate spitters (have aliens occasionally to spit instead unexpectedly)

Good:
Alien drone going in to hiding was cool
Better than A:CM

Overall cartoony feel, lack of atmosphere and dread makes this more of a bug hunt than Aliens game. AvP1999 had you battling tens of fast aliens but one Alien could be enough to kill you. Maybe a gameplay video with no chatting and higher difficulty with the glowing outline removed will make a better impression.

DaveT937

DaveT937

Ryan McCaffrey BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You suck!

Speedway

Speedway

Hmm. Not thrilled with the gameplay video...

Why are the aliens so friggin' small? They're the same size as a domestic dog!

They seem to attack with no intelligence - a real ACM vibe, I'm sorry to say.

I think I'll wait for reviews before buying. But I genuinely hope it's great.

PAS Spinelli

I love that the xenos that spawned off humans are special units and not fodder in this

windebieste

windebieste

Hah! This looks like good, dumb fun.

-Windebieste.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The gameplay video looked pretty boring not going to lie :'(

Going to rewatch it now that I'm home and with sound.

Hope the difficulty is on super easy in this demo

Okay so on a laptop with sound it's much better :laugh:

It looks like dumb fun and I'm excited to play it. My main gripes are that the runner is being used as cannon fodder. They should have made it like the drone and warrior, a real threat. They could have used the jumpers and spitters as the fodder. Overall though I would have preferred fewer aliens, but actually make them a real threat Also the marine animations look a little off, especially with the smartgunner.

Regarding the amount of animal hosts it would take to make these variants it obviously doesn't really make sense. But that is not a deal breaker imo, I can forgive some game mechanics in my games.

I love the warrior and the drone though, lots of great details there. The graphics are pretty great imo, but I just got the Xbox One X a year ago so it's not hard to impress me. I'm not a big gamer these days but this looks like so much fun to hop on for 30min to an hour to battle a hive of aliens. Looks no where near as horrible as ACM to me. I can see a lot of actual love for Aliens went into this unlike the soulless ACM.

So I'm still excited, I'm not into competive pvp and one of my favorite childhood memories was playing skirmish in AvP PC for hours on end. This actually feels similar, like a game that's up my alley. however that's not to say I wouldn't have preferred Isolation 2 or something with a little more depth to it.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Devs said this was the default difficulty so i imagine with higher difficulties and the challenge cards a lot of things will change.
id think aliens speed and damage is increased per a difficulty and im sure a lot of things can be tweaked with the challenges.

Looks like itll be fun enough probably not worth more than 30-45usd on release

Dill-On

Dill-On

Sorry but this looks like "Aliens Colonial Marines" with slightly better graphics BUT without possibility to play as an Alien.
It looks like a BUG HUNT mode ripped of straight from A:CM and It was the most boring mode from multiple multiplayer modes in that game.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 04, 2021, 09:00:53 PM
Alien Isolation was a game changer (no pun intended). Games like this just seem generic and by-the-numbers. Aliens running at you with all the menace and threat of your neighbor's German shepherd. "Oh here they come." bang bang DEAD moving on. lame.

You can make an Alien shooter intense. The Alien is faster than you, stronger than you, and has several different ways to enter a room as well as having multiple buddies to run you down. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you'll always win. The acid blood for example should be a huge problem for shot guns or even being fairly close to it.
I imagine something similar to Isolation. You constantly have to watch your back and the Alien is attracted by noise. Sure you can gun down the drone in your way but all that's going to do is summon 6 more and maybe a special unit. Ammo would also be scarce because Colonial Marines aren't likely to have ammunition for a millitary grade firearm on some colony. Sure the colony would have weapons but you'd need to conserve your pulse rifle ammo. Maybe the shit gun the local sheriff has isn't ideal but it's what you have in order to save your good stuff for a praetorian for example. And even then would you want to risk an encounter because the gunfire is just going to attract more.

You could also have a spawn system where you could be rescuing survivors but with the threat of facehuggers you'd have to choose between saving someone or gunning them down so you don't get an enemy spawn. Like you have a room you can come back to to rescue someone and by the time you come back they can be facehugged or already facehugged leading to a spawn of a drone or warrior.

A missed opportunity a lot of these things have is a sort of Mr.X or Nemesis. It's not the Queen but in addition to all the other Xenos you have a Grid or PredAlien or Raven kind of character constantly stalking the player. When no Xenos are around you have this big mother f**ker who goes around the map hunting the player. So you not only have to watch it for Xenos who you can choose to encounter or not but then you got a stalker who can always find you and wants nothing more than to turn the player into a bunch of red mist.

Huggs

Huggs

Just another bug hunt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed