The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 75,982 times)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Hollywood on May 02, 2018, 06:03:15 PM
Quote from: the spirit world on May 02, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
The legitimate negativity is huge and everywhere, Fox screwed up epically and they know it, but no reshoot or anything will ever change the outcomes, a huge flop.

I thought reactions to the trailer were positive at cinemacon?

They were, as far as I could see. Only a couple negative or lukewarm responses.

The majority of the negativity after the trailer was released, came from the fan community. Forums and the like.

Most of that due to an old draft of the script. Not the trailer itself.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

As you can see from this very article Hollywood the reaction was largely mixed that does not mean positive. Some liked it , some didn't. It's as simple as that. And considering this trailer is trying to sell the film that's not a good sign in my book. Also you keep highlighting the meg, the meg isn't on the same league as predator , predator is super famous world wide.

Shane black billed this as an event film, yet it doesn't fill me with any excitement, and considering this is my all time favourite character, that's really not good. Even predators had me excited, also you mentioned the meg trailer, yet venom is out a month later than the predator, and has already received two trailers. They are holding back because they are afraid of the backlash , better to hold of from the marketing , save some cash and release the film and hope for the best. And that's exactly what they are doing.

Quote from this very article " The reaction on Twitter has been decisively mixed. "

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 02, 2018, 06:33:13 PM
As you can see from this very article Hollywood the reaction was largely mixed that does not mean positive.
I go straight to the forum, not the front page news article. Comments are accessible from both.

QuoteSome liked it , some didn't. It's as simple as that. And considering this trailer is trying to sell the film that's not a good sign in my book.
Makes sense 👌

QuoteAlso you keep highlighting the meg, the meg isn't on the same league as predator , predator is super famous world wide.

I'm not comparing the franchise popularity themselves, just the marketing timing. Still, what percentage of the world has no interest in giant killer shark movies, you think?

QuoteShane black billed this as an event film, yet it doesn't fill me with any excitement, and considering this is my all time favourite character, that's really not good.
Hopefully that changes when you see Deadpool 2.

QuoteEven predators had me excited, also you mentioned the meg trailer, yet venom is out a month later than the predator, and has already received two trailers.
Venom has more opportunities to corral its audience and showcase to them - first trailer was rushed out with Black Panther (Marvel audience) and was weak. Second trailer was leaked and not a part of the marketing strategy. Now they have to come up with a 3rd trailer with so much time between the 2nd trailer and the film. There's a risk audiences will forget the movie exists by release date or they realize the last shot of the trailer is the best part of the movie when putting 3 trailers together. Based on trailer footage, Venom is shaping up to be the next Fant4stic and that's not good. I hope they polish up the cgi and bad dialogue and also hope the majority of the film is not just Tom Hardy running around with black tentacles coming thru his clothes.

QuoteThey are holding back because they are afraid of the backlash , better to hold of from the marketing , save some cash and release the film and hope for the best. And that's exactly what they are doing.

Or, like Shane tweeted, they're finishing the FX work and the delayed release resulted in holding off on marketing. If they were afraid they won't release it with DP2, where many many eyes will see it. We shall see how that unfolds.

Quote from this very article " The reaction on Twitter has been decisively mixed. "

Again, I click straight to the forum and browsed thru Twitter myself. Still think the majority is positive while other reactions are hardly berating the trailer. Same can be said about a lot of big movies' trailers this year. Overall, I'm still not worried based on the reactions, if anything I'm glad words like "bloody" and "badass" are being thrown around to describe it on Twitter.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Gotta admit Hollywood , we might not always see eye to eye my friend, but you make some strong solid points there I haven't really thought about , perhaps there will be light at the end of the tunnel after all.  ;D

Highland

Highland

Marketing obviously costs money. Also the tag line is "you'll never see him coming"....

I think the Predator is an ideal character for a trailer that's just made up of a bunch of scenes with worried looking people and a clicking sound. I'm surprised they didn't just throw that together.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Highland on May 03, 2018, 01:42:12 AM
Marketing obviously costs money. Also the tag line is "you'll never see him coming"....

I think the Predator is an ideal character for a trailer that's just made up of a bunch of scenes with worried looking people and a clicking sound. I'm surprised they didn't just throw that together.

Maybe as a teaser trailer months ago. The movie is out in 4 months. The trailer needs to be full of money shots and cool looking stuff if they want people to see the movie.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: goose_3387 on May 03, 2018, 08:01:45 AM

Maybe as a teaser trailer months ago. The movie is out in 4 months. The trailer needs to be full of money shots and cool looking stuff if they want people to see the movie.
I rather have some close ups of the creature than full reveils.

Anyway, we can hope but it's like Schrödingers cat at this point: it could be great, it could be total shite.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 03, 2018, 08:35:53 AM
Quote from: goose_3387 on May 03, 2018, 08:01:45 AM

I rather have some close ups of the creature than full reveils.

Anyway, we can hope but it's like Schrödingers cat at this point: it could be great, it could be total shite.

Schrödingers  Yautja

:'(

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: skull-splitterI rather have some close ups of the creature than full reveils.
You can be sure that the big boss (the Hybrid) won't be revealed until the film comes out.
The Predator(s) everybody mentions from the screening
Spoiler
and being in the trailer is(are) the regular Predator(s). Maybe the one which is captured (I vote for this) or maybe the 2 other friendly Predators).
[close]

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: Xerxész on May 03, 2018, 09:38:26 AM
Quote from: skull-splitterI rather have some close ups of the creature than full reveils.
You can be sure that the big boss (the Hybrid) won't be revealed until the film comes out.
The Predator(s) everybody mentions from the screening
Spoiler
and being in the trailer is(are) the regular Predator(s). Maybe the one which is captured (I vote for this) or maybe the 2 other friendly Predators).
[close]

Spoiler
I actually wonder if the 2 friendly Predators will remain in the movie considering the backlash, and the fact the 3rd act was rewritten?
[close]

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Ramjet311
Spoiler
I actually wonder if the 2 friendly Predators will remain in the movie considering the backlash, and the fact the 3rd act was rewritten?
[close]
Spoiler
Remember the shooting photo with the APC and the 2 Predators on it.
They are in, I have no doubts.
And that scene matches quite exactly as written in the leaked script. That is the scene where those 2 Predators use human weapons against the hybrids.
[close]

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Xerxész - Did the script itself somehow explain why exactly they use human weapons or why they wear human clothes? Any reason for it?

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 03, 2018, 03:38:18 PM
Xerxész - Did the script itself somehow explain why exactly they use human weapons or why they wear human clothes? Any reason for it?

No reason, no further explanation about why this happens.
I think Shane considered this a cool idea...but it's not. As are many other ideas in this script. :(

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Without context it's even worse.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Xerxész - Thank you for your answer, Im glad you write. This is really ugly, I was thinking that they lost their weapons and stuff, and that our "friendly" military give them our own guns and clothes or something (even this sounds beyond bad) but now it seems that they are acting like it was their own choice. I can accept Predator shooting from human weapons only if that will be the rogue Predator that doesnt look on honor, you know the bad Predator that do whatever he wants, but this is BS. Do you remember that moment from P2, in slaughterhouse when the Predator destroyed Harrigan's shotgun? Damn, that was cool. I think that Shane Black wants to kill me. . me, or the entire Franchise.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed