Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 283,595 times)

Anthony

Anthony

Hey remember when we talked about box office on this thread?

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Anthony on Jul 26, 2017, 05:34:16 PM

What glorious times, those were.

Alionic

I'm sure Japan will course correct this thread in September.

NickisSmart

$150 million-take, in Japan.

nanison

Let's not go off topic guys. Let's talk about Tennessee's hair. I think it looked like a hat.

SM

SM

:laugh:

Protozoid

There is plenty of analysis yet to go.

For example, I just noticed that Alien: Covenant is Scott's lowest-grossing science fiction movie at the domestic box office.

Adjusted for inflation, Blade Runner made $83,397,000 domestically, and was considered a flop. (The good news is, that didn't stop Blade Runner from becoming a classic down the road.)

And speaking of Japan: Covenant also made less than Black Rain (Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $103,482,400).

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Protozoid on Jul 27, 2017, 12:34:41 AM
There is plenty of analysis yet to go.

I know, but when the thread has devolved into conversations about Daniels' hair, I think maaaaaaybeee we've gone a bit of topic.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteOn the film front, it was a mixed bag. Fox had a hit with DreamWorks Animation's "Boss Baby," but "Alien: Covenant" stumbled, leading to questions about the horror franchise's viability, and the Amy Schumer comedy "Snatched" was a box office disappointment. The lack of a major hit caused the division to have a quarterly segment OIBDA loss of $22 million, a $186 million decrease from the $164 million contribution it reported in the same period a year ago. Fox's film division was also weighed down by weaker home entertainment sales. In the year-ago quarter, "Deadpool" hit store shelves, making comparisons difficult.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/21st-century-fox-earnings-beat-expectations-revenues-miss-1202521215/

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2017, 07:30:19 AM
QuoteOn the film front, it was a mixed bag. Fox had a hit with DreamWorks Animation's "Boss Baby," but "Alien: Covenant" stumbled, leading to questions about the horror franchise's viability, and the Amy Schumer comedy "Snatched" was a box office disappointment. The lack of a major hit caused the division to have a quarterly segment OIBDA loss of $22 million, a $186 million decrease from the $164 million contribution it reported in the same period a year ago. Fox's film division was also weighed down by weaker home entertainment sales. In the year-ago quarter, "Deadpool" hit store shelves, making comparisons difficult.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/21st-century-fox-earnings-beat-expectations-revenues-miss-1202521215/
Well at least Covenant did a lot better than Vagina Joke: The Movie...

BishopShouldGo

That is not a good "at least" at all. Most "at leasts" are not good.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 11, 2017, 07:23:11 PM
That is not a good "at least" at all. Most "at leasts" are not good.
Well you wouldn't want to learn that Snatched beat Covenant at the box office, would you? :P

BishopShouldGo

I would not care.

Nukiemorph

K.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2017, 07:30:19 AM

Surprised there is no mention of Apes in there, that's unquestionably been a bigger disappointment for Fox. Shame cause I thought Apes was a 9/10 and Covenant maybe a 6/7 outta 10; nowhere near as lacklustre as their figures suggest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed