Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 283,681 times)

BonesawT101

Hannibal is awesome imo also.

PierreVW

Sir Ridley Scott and David Lynch were always totally different.

David Lynch was and is a great weirdo like Terrence Malick.

Sir Ridley Scott was and is a great Commercial Director like Steven Spielberg.

Ingwar

Ingwar

At least Covenant is doing better than Ghost In The Shell (PG-13) which made only 170 million with 110 million budget + marketing. That's a flop!

Xanadu

Xanadu

Whether this movie flops or not, I just want to see this David prequel story to be finished. I don't want it to end on cliffhanger;  abandoned & finished years later in some book.
Hybrid Network video tells that in novelization, David explains that he actually found one of Xenomorph egg which has left behind by Engineers. Which means Engineers still created Xenomorphs & there must be Engineers alive on some other planets who would want revenge against David. Since Covenant showed different race of Engineers , there could be a Space Jockey sized Engineer that ends up in Alien.

Robopadna

Quote from: Ingwar on May 30, 2017, 08:53:13 PM
At least Covenant is doing better than Ghost In The Shell (PG-13) which made only 170 million with 110 million budget + marketing. That's a flop!

It doesn't really matter, they are roughly on the same level of flop.  They aren't going to pursue the GitS franchise either.  Covenant is a pretty solid flop just not as bad a flop as other movies.

kwisatz

Covenant is an Alien franchise entry, marketed as the return of the iconic Alien, and it struggles to hit the 300? It doesnt get more flop than that, its worse than GitS actually.

PierreVW

Quote from: Robopadna on May 30, 2017, 09:23:11 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on May 30, 2017, 08:53:13 PM

It doesn't really matter, they are roughly on the same level of flop.  They aren't going to pursue the GitS franchise either.  Covenant is a pretty solid flop just not as bad a flop as other movies.

I disagree.

A flop is KING ARTHUR(Guy Ritchie).

Actually, KING ARTHUR(Guy Ritchie) is the biggest failure of 2017.

Huggs

It's just a different age. The original film was a slow burning masterpiece. Fast 7, Guardians, Pirates, transformers, etc. it's all about spectacle now. Some people don't want to think, they just want gross sensory overload. Giant robots and explosions fill the seats now. It's the C.O.D. phenomenon. Maybe Shane black is onto something afterall.

AsapJockey

you guys are really wanting for the studios to read this forums lol and not get this damn trilogy done

zoidy

Some people are never happy. And many here are most specifically NEVER happy with what Ridley does  ;D

Hilarious!

teguh hidayat

teguh hidayat

Huggs

you're right. i agree with you. now its turn for the worst for the Alien franchise.

By the numbers do Fox only care about Alien franchise.

i always think what the future has in-store for us-the real fans of alien and aliens.
maybe this is it  :'( 

Bio Mech Hunter

This is a shame. I really enjoyed Alien Covenant. In fact, I saw it again a couple nights ago. My father is a big Alien fan who'd been wanting to see it, so I took him with me. He really enjoyed it, as well.

PierreVW

Quote from: Huggs on May 30, 2017, 09:57:34 PM
It's just a different age. The original film was a slow burning masterpiece. Fast 7, Guardians, Pirates, transformers, etc. it's all about spectacle now. Some people don't want to think, they just want gross sensory overload. Giant robots and explosions fill the seats now. It's the C.O.D. phenomenon. Maybe Shane black is onto something afterall.

What Shane Black said?.

Kerrod33

Why is everyone saying this movie flopped when it is still in cinemas, made more money than its budget, still gaining revenue every single day and hasn't even been released everywhere?

You can't talk in past tense when something is still happening

BishopShouldGo

Because
of
the
percentage
drops

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed