Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,563 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: redxavier on Mar 12, 2013, 12:26:38 PM
To be fair, AvPR does present what many fans thought they wanted from an alien movie, a setting on Earth where a town or community is under attack and the stakes are high.

But the thing is, the stakes really arent high. What Ripley always feared and cautioned against was that the organism is too dangerous and cannot land on Earth or it would mean doom for humanity. Prometheus itself points out that its a biological weapon, capable of spreading fast and wiping out the enemy. Even its creators couldnt control it. Aliens Book One comic book continuation of Aliens presented the scenario of aliens appearing on Earth, eventually leading to fast mass infestation all over the globe and evacuation of the planet. And yet in AVPR the aliens conveniently stop in one place when they have wildflife all over and life on entire planet. But they conveniently stay within city limits. Book One presented a horrific and realistic outbreak. It takes one unaware person that travels to a different country in business

The biggest issue with AVPR is that it became a teen horror movie with teen characters and typical slasher setting of a small hick town

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 12, 2013, 06:02:42 PM

The biggest issue with AVPR is that it became a teen horror movie with teen characters and typical slasher setting of a small hick town

This.
Although i think all AVP films should take place in the future, AVPR should have been based in the south, Like Louisiana. It would have made things much more interesting, Wolf would have been more in the Predator element, and the amount of mullets in the movie would have been a hell of a sight

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Prometheus itself points out that its a biological weapon, capable of spreading fast and wiping out the enemy. Even its creators couldnt control it.
I don't remember any Aliens in Prometheus.

TheRaven

TheRaven

Avp is the better of the two.

But honestly if they were executed better, with the right rating and set in the future, we could have had two good maybe even great movies.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Spaghetti on Dec 27, 2007, 04:15:06 AM
They both sucked.

But at least Anderson's Aliens were not useless and didn't look like men-in-suits from beginning to end.

They still sucked though. Those suits were the same one's used A:R but just painted black. And the CGI was pretty bad on them too. But I agree at least the fights were more equal in the first film. Where AvP R is basically Predator 3 with cameos by weak aliens.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Are you sure about the suit colour? The Res suits were all black from what I remember whereas I think AvP's had a little blue on them. Of course, it could have just been the lighting at times.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The Res suits were actually brown. The AVP suits were repainted black with silver mix and the lower jaw was changed

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't think the lower jaw was changed.

But yes, Res suits were brown with black highlights. Much like the previous ones the color scheme 'fluctuated' depending on the lighting. AvP Aliens were repainted with jet black tones and silver highlights, though you can't really see that in the film. The hands were made 'beefier' on Anderson's request.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Mar 12, 2013, 11:32:55 PM
Prometheus itself points out that its a biological weapon, capable of spreading fast and wiping out the enemy. Even its creators couldnt control it.
I don't remember any Aliens in Prometheus.

They're were aliens in prometheus just not xenos. If that makes sense.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 18, 2013, 06:22:19 AM
I don't think the lower jaw was changed.

But yes, Res suits were brown with black highlights. Much like the previous ones the color scheme 'fluctuated' depending on the lighting. AvP Aliens were repainted with jet black tones and silver highlights, though you can't really see that in the film. The hands were made 'beefier' on Anderson's request.

I never liked the hands from Res and after. Alien 3 being the exception cause of the animal host factor. The jaw hasn't changed. If it has its not instantly noticeable. The suits look the same just with a different colour scheme and the beefier hands look stupid on screen flopping around and that for a split second takes me away from the experience.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I have a picture chart that lists all the Alien suits up to AvP, detailing what changes each underwent for their respective films. I'll post it when I get back home.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

I don't know about the rest of you but I am personally a fan of the metallic black color of the Aliens in AvP-R.

TheChazmoch

TheChazmoch

Alien vs. Mechagodzilla.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Mar 19, 2013, 04:32:13 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I am personally a fan of the metallic black color of the Aliens in AvP-R.

I didn't notice any metallic, just black and slimy.

SM

SM

The AvP:R Aliens are the worst ever committed to film in every respect.

Grid_Life

Grid_Life

AvP was a great movie, and so was AvPR, but AvP comes on top.  AvP had a better setting and it was more entertaining.  AvPR was fine, but only because of Predalien.  Wolf was cool and all, but the film was biased toward the predator.  The thing that bugs me is that the aliens in AvPR are just retarded, wolf was able to hold TWO aliens by the throat and kill them both while the aliens were somehow incapable of using their tails.  And Predalien is supposed to be a super alien, but he still barely kills Wolf after he is wounded and removes his armor.  I guess this film is great for predator fans, but I think it could have been a lot better.  Plus, the fact that it was shot in a city with a lot of people, you don't feel anything when someone dies, when in AvP, there was a handful of people and you got to know them so it was exciting when someone was killed off, plus the aliens were actually able to hold their own against the predators.  I like both films, I just think AvP is better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed