AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 687,784 times)

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 20, 2013, 02:41:23 AM
Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Mar 19, 2013, 04:32:13 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I am personally a fan of the metallic black color of the Aliens in AvP-R.

I didn't notice any metallic, just black and slimy.

I am obviously refering to the shiny black coloring of the Aliens, which was refered to as a metallic black.

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2013, 11:46:06 PM
The AvP:R Aliens are the worst ever committed to film in every respect.

I think the brown coloring for the Resurection Aliens and to an extent the Dog/Ox Alien from Alien 3 is far worse then the AvP-R Aliens.

SM

SM

The Requiem job had the shitty overbite and headribs.  Plus the performances were altogther shithouse.  Never have they looked so 'guy in a rubber suit'.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not to mention the oversized necks. I thought they were going to explode at some point.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

So nobody here is going to level with me that the coloring on the Aliens was pretty good, hell one of the best in the series. Although it is my personal favourite(suprise!). No point in debating the other aspects of the AvP-R Aliens designs because there is nothing that can be accomplished on that front.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I have no problem with the colouring. But the physical shapes were lousy.

echobbase79

echobbase79

The worst of the performances were mostly on top of the roof. The mouths are what got on my nerves the most.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

In my opinion AvP was far superior to its unfortunate sequel for a number of reasons. For starters the cinematography was extremely well donein AvP and you could see everything that was going on and it realy set a mood for the situations, whereas in AvP:R you couldn't see shit for the climax of the film. Furthermore the acting was not the best, but it was still way better than AvP:R's, and the characters were believable to a point. The aliens were cool and looked and acted imposing and the final fight wasn't too guys fighting awkwardly in suits. Plus the setting was very alien despite being placed on earth.

circle

circle

AVP. Despite chopper and celtic's abrupt end, still better than AVPR

wedgeg

wedgeg

recently watched both AvPs and and used to think the first one was better, but after watching the blue ray version of AvPR, i enjoyed it alot more than the 1st avp, the predator teaming up with humens in the 1st film.. terrible idea

demonbane

demonbane

My father is not a serious moviegoer. He likes tons of critically torn out movies. I remember back in day when I keep mentioning AVP all the time so sickeningly that adults around me associated me with that name.
My father and I watched both film. After watching the second one, my father told me that the first one was better, more interesting.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What did he think of the second one?

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 04, 2013, 10:48:46 PM
What did he think of the second one?
He said it wasn't as entertaining as the first one.

He is pretty casual. He likes even Hitman and American Godzilla. He keeps referencing American Godzilla whenever he thinks of Brookyln bridge.
That shows how much AVPR fails.

Aliens_Diner86

Aliens_Diner86

Dont like the first but AVPR is pure shit.

IMO

Requiem28

Requiem28

I was just listening to Brian Tyler's AVP-R score again.  I'm gonna have to give that movie a watch again.  For Halloween's sake.  Joe Johnston's The Wolfman too.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm going to watch it, Alien, and Predator. Good call man. Time to reconnect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed