A Colony ship filled with COUPLES set to mate and populate.

Started by CainsSon, Sep 30, 2016, 04:55:47 PM

Author
A Colony ship filled with COUPLES set to mate and populate. (Read 2,882 times)

CainsSon

I don't have the link but recently Danny McBride recently mentioned that the Covenant is filled with couples - because, obviously, they are there to mate and make, well, a COLONY!
Here's the real meat of my post - I think Ridley is going to play with that. Sexbursters, bizarre pregnancies, etc etc.

Corporal Hicks

I hope he doesn't. We all know about the sexburster. It wouldn't be much of a surprise.

whiterabbit

Although it would make for great horror... we all should be aware of egg-barfing and how well that turned out in AVPr.

Infected

Sounds like a Camp Crystal Lake concept, hot girls and boys running from the bad things.
Ah well as long as he wraps the mystery in it.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2016, 08:21:38 AM
I hope he doesn't. We all know about the sexburster. It wouldn't be much of a surprise.

I agree regarding the SEXBURSTER. But part of me expects to see that the creature stuff cut from the Spaihts script, might find its way into COVENANT.

RS did say that there is a scene in this one to rival the MEDPOD scence in PROMETHEUS. Any ideas what that might be? I hope it ISN'T the SEXBURSTER, because TBH, to me, that's just a variant on the CHESTBURSTER and I was never too excited about it. EGG VOMITING is rather silly too.
But the issue with the SEXBURSTER, the reason I think it MIGHT BE what RS was talking about, when he said a scene would rival the MEDPOD sequence, which he considered "worse-than" that scene... is because the studio doesnt really market something like this to us. Yeah, it sucks that we know about it, but the general population of people to fill the seats don't, and even among those of us who do know about it, a lot of people expressed that they would rather have seen that.

So actually, I hope that maybe this coupling of the crew members, in order to colonize,  might lead to more than JUST a SEXBURSTER, if not none at all.

Another possibility is we will see an f'd up TRANSFORMATION scene. IE; Like where we see what the Goo was meant to do to humans when it got to earth, and people's bodies start ripping apart and reconfiguring into Giger-style monsters. Maybe we will see all of those things?

Local Trouble

I can't even imagine how awesome a Kenny Powers-burster will be.

Scorpio

What exactly is a sexburster?  I haven't seen the Prometheus special features.

Necronomicon II

Essentially it's just a messier version of the chestburster that occurs during coitus. A xeno wrought from coitus interruptus  ;D

Scorpio

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Oct 08, 2016, 02:09:10 PM
Essentially it's just a messier version of the chestburster that occurs during coitus. A xeno wrought from coitus interruptus  ;D

Are you saying a xeno that bursts from the crotch area?  Because that's what I immediately thought of.  I could go into further detail, but it might be too graphic.

Stolen

Sexburster

Charlie Holloway...

Pvt. Himmel

A colony ship... Hmm??? Seeing as the ship is filled with couples i bet that they are in hypersleep chambers while the awake crew is the listed cast.

I bet the ship has to be bigger than Prometheus, maybe Sulaco... It will probably be like the ship from Pandorum. That explosion spy pic from New Zealand set may have been the dropship that blew up. :-\

Bughunter S. Thomson

Has anyone seen Danny McBride in a non-comedy role? I'm worried that comic relief might not really work if he isn't playing it straight.

Scorpio

Quote from: Himmelblau on Oct 08, 2016, 02:52:00 PM
A colony ship... Hmm??? Seeing as the ship is filled with couples i bet that they are in hypersleep chambers while the awake crew is the listed cast.

I bet the ship has to be bigger than Prometheus, maybe Sulaco... It will probably be like the ship from Pandorum.

Or maybe Ark in Space, an old Doctor Who serial that preceded Alien by several years and uses some of the same ideas:

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 08, 2016, 03:13:19 PM
Quote from: Himmelblau on Oct 08, 2016, 02:52:00 PM

I bet the ship has to be bigger than Prometheus, maybe Sulaco... It will probably be like the ship from Pandorum.

Or maybe Ark in Space, an old Doctor Who serial that preceded Alien by several years and uses some of the same ideas:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--DXdflY2E2E/UudR9BcHmsI/AAAAAAAAZ0M/OG6b2j5UYw0/s1600/dw-arkinspace-nervasleep_big.png

8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed