Don’t Look For Cameos In ”˜Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem’

Started by ace3g, Sep 12, 2007, 12:00:08 AM

Author
Don’t Look For Cameos In ”˜Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem’ (Read 4,186 times)

echobbase79

Adam Baldwin is an "actor" now and I guess he thinks he's too good for the material. Which is weird because he does voice work on some very good cartoons. He was Clark Kent/Superman in the new Doomsday movie that was recently released. To bad I would've loved to have seen him again.

O.W.L.F.

and maybe its just a game...something to make cameo surprising

Anonymous684

Quote from: Nosferatus on Sep 12, 2007, 03:17:04 PM
and maybe its just a game...something to make cameo surprising

Seeing how evil Colin, is thats a possibility

Wanna go swimming?

how funny would it be to see the predator kill the predalien after an epic battle and Danny glover runs over to the predator discs him in the chest and runs away.. credits come up... the end.

Anonymous684

Quote from: Lord Alf on Sep 12, 2007, 04:30:36 PM
how funny would it be to see the predator kill the predalien after an epic battle and Danny glover runs over to the predator discs him in the chest and runs away.. credits come up... the end.

Lol that would make me laugh and sad at the same time.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 12, 2007, 02:00:30 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 12, 2007, 01:57:12 AM
Quote from: CelticP on Sep 12, 2007, 01:00:23 AM
Uh...the Aliens totally pwned in AvP...

Except for the part where they all died, their Queen got neutralised and the Predator ship flew happily off into the sky.

What was the last creature on screen again...OH YEAH! An Alien....

Yes. On a ship of dozens, if not hundreds or thousands of very alive Predators. :)

The nest was wiped out. Aliens lost. End of story. It's not even that craft which gets destroyed at the start of this film.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 12, 2007, 03:11:53 PM
Adam Baldwin is an "actor" now and I guess he thinks he's too good for the material. Which is weird because he does voice work on some very good cartoons. He was Clark Kent/Superman in the new Doomsday movie that was recently released. To bad I would've loved to have seen him again.

Well, he is an actor. If someone asked me to reprise a role like Garber and I'd done much better work since then, I'd probably at least think twice about it, too.

He found cult success in portraying Jayne in the 'Firefly'/'Serenity' franchise, plus had a big role in a recent television series which apparently got cancelled (I'd heard people liked it), with lots of upcoming stuff in the proverbial pipeline. He's become quite famous.

Seriously, who the f**k wants to see Garber again? Of all possible characters, why would that one be of interest? All he did was watch the monitors and give growly looks at the camera. It's probably something the actor would rather forget about.

Time to move things on.

echobbase79

You should always show some respect from where you came from. Just blowing someone off isn't cool in by book. It's not like he's MR. CHEESE or something.  ::)

But anyway, Colin's right the movie is better off without him. But from a fan point of view it would've been fun.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 12, 2007, 07:40:50 PM
You should always show some respect from where you came from. Just blowing someone off isn't cool in by book. It's not like he's MR. CHEESE or something.  ::)

Why should he show 'respect' to it? It was just another job he got paid for. Doesn't mean to say he liked the character. John Barrowman was in at least one 'Shark Attack' film, but recently slated them on a chat show, here in the UK, when asked about them. He laughed in good humour, saying it was just for the money. :)

Baldwin's done much better work since then and he might have thought reprising that role would cause people to look at that old performance again. Might not want fans or potential future employers to look at it.

Bug Hunt

Baldwin would have been cool, Glover would be good also. But no Ripley or Arnie, definitly shouldn't happen. I always wanted Yutani to show up in this film.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 12, 2007, 07:49:24 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 12, 2007, 07:40:50 PM

Why should he show 'respect' to it? It was just another job he got paid for. Doesn't mean to say he liked the character. John Barrowman was in at least one 'Shark Attack' film, but recently slated them on a chat show, here in the UK, when asked about them. He laughed in good humour, saying it was just for the money. :)

Baldwin's done much better work since then and he might have thought reprising that role would cause people to look at that old performance again. Might not want fans or potential future employers to look at it.

Fair enough. :) But you made me laugh when bringing up the Shark Attack series.  ;D :D

Xenomorphine

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 12, 2007, 08:01:26 PM
Fair enough. :) But you made me laugh when bringing up the Shark Attack series.  ;D :D

The same reaction Barrowman had. :)

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: SiL on Sep 12, 2007, 04:14:13 AM
Aw, can't we say? :(

Spill the beans Sil, its a fan forum, not a government cover up  :P

nukem11

nukem11

My guess they tried asking Danny Glover or Arnold Schwarzenegger. I dealt it would be Sigourney Weaver because it was still in the technology of spaceships and stuff and this films based before all that Im sure.
Or it could have been Adam Baldwin who played Garber from Predator 2. Remember at the end when Danny Glover says to him "dont worry your get another chance". Be good if he could have been in a cameo.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2007, 10:46:20 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Sep 12, 2007, 04:18:47 AM
Quote from: Hicks on Sep 12, 2007, 04:09:15 AM
It wasn't Henriksen, Paxton, Weaver or Ahnuld. Not even close.

Danny Glover?  Micheal Biehn?  Ian Holm?  Adam Baldwin?

Adam Baldwin. Don't you just love running these websites?

Who did your contact give you, Hicks? We only heard Baldwin.

Wanna go swimming?

prior to avp bill paxton was the only actor to be killed by both an alien and a predator, plus his face and voice alone make me laugh uncontrolably, he would be the best friggin cameo!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed