The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 65,145 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Shasvre on Aug 21, 2021, 11:00:20 AM
But the old system let you build a team from a single box too, right?

Let you but didn't force you to. Over all it seems like the right way to go, as long as they keep releasing more kits like the two in that box.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You should do something like this:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ordered these today, gonna pick up some models next month.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm relieved the classic Ork Boyz kit hasn't been retired yet, coz I need to fill out a couple of units.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Are they doing a new kit for regular Boyz anytime soon or was it just the Beast Snagga's that got new models?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

There's a new (annoyingly mono-pose and with mixed weapons) Boyz kit, but it's only available in the Combat Patrol box at present, so I figure I have a little while to grab another 3 boxes of the current set.

If I end up with any of those new ones I'll have to do some converting to get a coherent unit out of them but with the slightly larger size and more upright posture, they would make good Skarboyz...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I didn't think you'd be away from the fold for long. :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 08, 2021, 12:39:34 AM
I didn't think you'd be away from the fold for long. :)

Still limiting myself to deep discounters and 2nd hand. I can't stomach the retail prices here and my grievance around their fomo nonsense stands.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 07, 2021, 11:41:11 PMThere's a new (annoyingly mono-pose and with mixed weapons) Boyz kit, but it's only available in the Combat Patrol box at present, so I figure I have a little while to grab another 3 boxes of the current set.

If I end up with any of those new ones I'll have to do some converting to get a coherent unit out of them but with the slightly larger size and more upright posture, they would make good Skarboyz...

Ah, that's right, I remember watching a review of that. Seemed to be lacking in weapons options as well, I think you had to pick up five or more units to fully equip a full unit of 20 boyz with shootas.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 08, 2021, 12:51:23 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 07, 2021, 11:41:11 PMThere's a new (annoyingly mono-pose and with mixed weapons) Boyz kit, but it's only available in the Combat Patrol box at present, so I figure I have a little while to grab another 3 boxes of the current set.

Ah, that's right, I remember watching a review of that. Seemed to be lacking in weapons options as well, I think you had to pick up five or more units to fully equip a full unit of 20 boyz with shootas.

Yeah it's f**ked, the only options at all are head and weapon swaps for the unit leader and dedicated heavy. Thankfully I have spare parts for africa and I'm good with a knife/putty.

Shasvre

Shasvre

So, the new Black Templars look pretty dope.

Pre-ordered the army box, couldn't resist that John Blanche cover.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The first one (the non Primaris, Blanche inspired one), actually has my interest.

So watch it be some kind of obnoxious exclusive.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 14, 2021, 09:34:22 PMThe first one (the non Primaris, Blanche inspired one), actually has my interest.

So watch it be some kind of obnoxious exclusive.

No mention of it being exclusive.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/04/black-templars-reinforcements-are-on-the-way-with-these-amazingly-zealous-new-models/

And they've been releasing other Blanche minis as well as regular releases.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Sisters-of-Battle-Canoness-Veridyan

So, fingers crossed...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 14, 2021, 09:34:22 PM
The first one (the non Primaris, Blanche inspired one), actually has my interest.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Actually Veridyan was exclusive, then they changed their minds when it sold out.

But it really does strike me as the sort of thing that they use as an exclusive sweetner for a big box or a pointlessly limited store opening/anniversary model.

I hope to be wrong because I'd legit consider making that Blanche art as a diorama.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed