Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long

Started by seattle24, Nov 22, 2021, 09:57:55 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long (Read 26,724 times)

T-850

I'm really excited for this Alien tv series but I"m honestly worried about direction. I hope it steers away from the near-biblical storyline focusing on the weighty ideas of origin, purpose and perfection like Prometheus and Alien Covenant. They need to explore the original aspects of what made Alien 'A L I E N'. Alien is a masterpiece of terror and atmosphere. It's a quietly tense film that relies on the mystery and dread of the iconic Xenomorph alien, which wreaks havoc upon the personable crew of the Nostromo. From unbelievably horrific killings to indelible performances I want to see aspects in this tv show that made Alien great from the start. I want actors who we care about, a storyline that focuses on the more cryptic and horrific side of the Alien. Who wants to learn more about boring David/Walter and the Engineers anymore? That era I feel is over and new ground needs to be explored.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: T-850 on Aug 27, 2022, 01:15:31 AMWho wants to learn more about boring David/Walter and the Engineers anymore?

Me.

T-850

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 27, 2022, 01:27:15 AM
Quote from: T-850 on Aug 27, 2022, 01:15:31 AMWho wants to learn more about boring David/Walter and the Engineers anymore?

Me.
The characters throughout Prometheus and Alien Covenant are less real humans than they are moving targets to be picked off in gory fashion, and it's fair to say that most fans do not generally look towards an "Alien" movie to learn more about their creation and purpose in life.

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 27, 2022, 01:27:15 AM

Me.

Me as well

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

Legion found itself perfectly capable of both dealing with themes of passing down trauma, Godhood, existence, and dealt in character drama, action and horror and paranoia.

I see no reason why Alien should not be able to do the same.

SiL

Can do the same, but it works best when it's not being pretentious as f**k.

O'Bannon and his bowtie are rolling in his grave knowing how much androids have overtaken his concept.

BigDaddyJohn

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

Honestly, not really.

There are thousands of great movies that don't feature the Alien; when I want to watch stories about the Alien, where the Alien is the driving force, I do not watch The Godfather.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

To each their own, I would absolutely rather something be good and use the license for their own particular spin, than be mediocre and be unquestionably only about the Alien.

James Cameron repurposing "Mother" into "Aliens" for example.

I think Prey works as another example of a story that already fully functions but the Predator got incorporated later.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Aug 27, 2022, 10:25:44 AMHonestly, not really.

There are thousands of great movies that don't feature the Alien; when I want to watch stories about the Alien, where the Alien is the driving force, I do not watch The Godfather.

This tbh.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SiL on Aug 27, 2022, 07:44:03 AMCan do the same, but it works best when it's not being pretentious as f**k.

O'Bannon and his bowtie are rolling in his grave knowing how much androids have overtaken his concept.

Gotta agree with you. And I'm a guy who loves Prometheus, warts and all.

Ingwar

BlueMarsalis79

It's a bit strange to me, as I have always felt this was Alien's strength as a franchise in the first place, it adapts to the host author.

It was always a changing thing from the very beginning.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed