News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 562,809 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 12, 2016, 11:37:29 PM
Yea, I think Prometheus did have more leaks etc by this stage in its production. I was just thinking today about how during Prometheus' production the big fan debate and/or query was 'is this an alien film?' With fans clamoring over any piece of set leaks to find the answer to that question. However this time around no-one is asking that question at all. Looking at the pics of the expo with the merch exhibition along with the newly designed poster, 20th Century Fox also seem to very keenly align this new film with the Alien movies. I'm looking forward to the first proper Alien movie in a long time.

Its funny you say that. I get the feeling there will be LESS ALIEN in this than the titling is suggesting. That's not to say that this isn't an ALIEN film, but lets be clear - PROMETHEUS was an ALIEN film. And they were in a tough spot because had they titled it ALIEN: PROMETHEUS or ALIEN: whatever - They would have set themselves up for fan disappointment but I think ultimately fans would have accepted it as more of what it was meant to be.
In this case, I think that they are trying to assure fans by calling this ALIEN: COVENANT, when in fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if the ALIEN doesn't feature in it as much as it does in the rest of the "ALIEN" films.
I think we will find that 'COVENANT' is the more appropriate title of this film, and tagging 'ALIEN' onto it is just a way to assure the connection to the series so they dont repeat the confusion or backlash of PROMETHEUS.

Curious about what everyone else expects here.

PsyKore

From what McBride has said, the Alien is gonna be chasing after people, or something to that effect. But I'm thinking the Alien will only feature in this film, maybe as a result from something else happening, but it won't be the primordial aspect of the film.

BishopShouldGo

From everything said so far, I'm led to believe the film will be: thematically deep like Prometheus, big in scope like Prometheus, and scary like Alien with the chasing and the gore and the dark atmosphere.

It won't just be the slasher paradigm, but it will still have that stuff. Remember when lindelof said this about the Alien elements in Prometheus, "it'll be an afterthought as opposed to the bricks upon which the foundation is built"? Well I think the Alien elements will not be as sparse as they were in Prometheus but not as prevalent as it is in a usual Alien film.

Instead of the 80/20 New elements:Traditional elements ratio Prometheus had, I'm thinking 55/45 for AC.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Sounds great. I pray almost on a daily basis that part or most of the movie is based on a huge spaceship, not the medium sized Sulaco and Prometheus types but a Nostromo or Auriga sized one with a bit more of a rusty industrial look. Another great type (or at least the way I remember reading about it) is the Spaceship Virginia from the Alien Cauldron novel. Heck anything in Defiance would work well too.

I just want to see an Alien stalking a crew who have never seen an Alien before and aren't ready to deal with this situation but at the same time land somewhere before or afterwards and discover new eerie stuff.

I hope there's only one gunshot in the movie. The one that the final survivor uses on themselves lol. Than bring a new crew for the next movie. :)

BonesawT101

I definitely think the alien will be in the movie, didn't Ridley at one point say each iteration of the creature would be in it? Along with one of the David's - I think the 'big boy'/'big chap' will be the main antagonist. In the first movie, isn't the actual alien only seen for little over ten minutes of the full 2 hour length film? I'm guessing, and hoping, that the film will be a bigger (thematically) version of the first movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2016, 07:26:03 AM
As promised, the script for "Prometheus 2". I'm pretty certain it's a fake though.

If anyone cares, I found the original version of this. http://www.simplyscripts.com/scripts/PARADISEnAMAZONDRAFTn.pdf

Think I might have to throw up a fake script thread in a bit. I've come across a couple.

Pvt. Himmel

Looky what I found:

Unused Logo for Ridley Scott's 'Alien'.   

Wonder if we may get something similar. 8)

https://wearethemutants.com/2016/10/05/exhibit-unused-title-treatment-for-ridley-scotts-alien-1979/ 

Enoch

Dont forget this one:

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2016, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2016, 07:26:03 AM
As promised, the script for "Prometheus 2". I'm pretty certain it's a fake though.

If anyone cares, I found the original version of this. http://www.simplyscripts.com/scripts/PARADISEnAMAZONDRAFTn.pdf

Think I might have to throw up a fake script thread in a bit. I've come across a couple.

2 lines of dialogue in and you know it's fake. So bad.

Corporal Hicks

I do believe Ridley Scott will be receiving the American Cinematheque tomorrow so would be a good opportunity to see some new interviews.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2016, 06:30:17 PM
I do believe Ridley Scott will be receiving the American Cinematheque tomorrow so would be a good opportunity to see some new footage.

8) :)

CainsSon

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 13, 2016, 04:53:20 AM
Sounds great. I pray almost on a daily basis that part or most of the movie is based on a huge spaceship, not the medium sized Sulaco and Prometheus types but a Nostromo or Auriga sized one with a bit more of a rusty industrial look. Another great type (or at least the way I remember reading about it) is the Spaceship Virginia from the Alien Cauldron novel. Heck anything in Defiance would work well too.

I just want to see an Alien stalking a crew who have never seen an Alien before and aren't ready to deal with this situation but at the same time land somewhere before or afterwards and discover new eerie stuff.

I hope there's only one gunshot in the movie. The one that the final survivor uses on themselves lol. Than bring a new crew for the next movie. :)

This is interesting. You know we actually have no idea if this film will also restore the claustrophobic aspect of the series. I think this was sorely missing from A:R, even parts of A3, and especially PROMETHEUS. Some of those snippets we got on Twitter of corridors looked like we may get to see some of the claustrophobic sets that made Alien and Aliens work so well. But we really don't know. The only hint we've gotten there is Fassbender saying it will have the same 'scope' as PROMETHEUS.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2016, 06:30:17 PM
I do believe Ridley Scott will be receiving the American Cinematheque tomorrow so would be a good opportunity to see some new interviews.

Due to fun timezone differences, looks like this isn't happening until about 1am my time. 6.30pm PDT.

QuoteIt was amazing to work with, and learn from one of the most influential directors of all time. His style is one of a kind and he shoots at an incredible pace.⠀

3rd AD on Covenant.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

This was just posted on the AlienAnthology twitter feed...

An early H.R. Giger design for the classic Facehugger.     

Seems like it was semi-done for Prometheus  wonder they if will use it for Covenant??

Covenant Wiki page has updated with cast list names:

Michael Fassbender as David, an android created by Weyland Corporation, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus.[2]
Katherine Waterston as Daniels, a crew member of the Covenant.[3]
Danny McBride as Tennessee, the pilot of the Covenant.[4]
Demián Bichir as Dennis, the security officer of the Covenant.
Billy Crudup as Samuel, the captain of the Covenant.
Noomi Rapace as Dr. Elizabeth Shaw, an archaeologist, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus.[3]
Amy Seimetz as Sabrina Tennessee, the co-pilot of the Covenant.
Jussie Smollett as Solomon Ohio, a crew member of the Covenant.
Carmen Ejogo as Phoebe McDonough, a crew member of the Covenant.
Callie Hernandez as Lisseth Turner, a crew member of the Covenant.
Alexander England as Nebraska Knapp. a crew member of the Covenant.
Benjamin Rigby as Grayson Pomeroy, a crew member of the Covenant.
Uli Latukefu as Derrick Corpuz, a crew member of the Covenant.
Nathaniel Dean as Drake Nelson.
Tess Haubrich as Lisa Marie Bell.
Goran D. Kleut as John Cordell.     

Corporal Hicks

The cast names have been up for a while. They're fake.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed