Alien 4: Critics Version

Started by Alien5, Mar 15, 2007, 02:42:09 AM

Author
Alien 4: Critics Version (Read 3,114 times)

SM

SM

It's not flawed at all.

The embryo is linked to the host and there is an exchange of DNA that takes place.  This was established on screen in Alien3 when the Alien ran around on all fours most of the time like a quadruped.  And it was an initial idea right from when Alien was made, even if it was never explicitly expressed until Alien3.

Resurrection just took the next step - which is also hinted at in previous films - in that there is an actual exchange of DNA, not just the embryo taking from the host.  The Queen's DNA was present in Ripley's blood samples, but it took 8 attempts to seperate embryo from host to a point that they could work with it.

What doesn't make sense is that people can't work this out on their own.  Not trying to say anyone's stupid or anything, but to me it just seemed obvious from the outset.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Apr 04, 2007, 10:27:24 PM
It's not flawed at all.

The embryo is linked to the host and there is an exchange of DNA that takes place.  This was established on screen in Alien3 when the Alien ran around on all fours most of the time like a quadruped.  And it was an initial idea right from when Alien was made, even if it was never explicitly expressed until Alien3.

Resurrection just took the next step - which is also hinted at in previous films - in that there is an actual exchange of DNA, not just the embryo taking from the host.  The Queen's DNA was present in Ripley's blood samples, but it took 8 attempts to seperate embryo from host to a point that they could work with it.

What doesn't make sense is that people can't work this out on their own.  Not trying to say anyone's stupid or anything, but to me it just seemed obvious from the outset.

That actually supports my theory on Alien Queens picking up some more limited aspects of their hosts as well, and is one of the reasons I disagree with the game AVP:Extinctions classification of Queens as pure breeds.

None of the Aliens are. I can se the eggs and facehuggers being pure perhaps, but not any stage of the Adult or Queen. As if just the eggs and huggers are truly what a pure alien looks like.

Any how, I think a cool concept would be to show what happens normally if a host survives implantation via surgical removal of the burster.

After months and years pass would the Alien DNA in their own now cause them to mutate?

Would they grow another Alien embryo? Possibly acidic blood?

Some other odd things may happen that couldn't be predicted.

Dingo

Dingo

I know the alien takes some dna from the host and implanment it into it self. I got that right from the start of Alien 3. But what I meant was ripley getting part of the queen dna in herself and the queen getting a human dna and a human reproductive system, aka, going into labor and having the alien white hybrid thing come out of her womb instead of the egg with the face hugger. And you still didn't explain how they were able to get the alien by cloning ripley. You can't clone a parasite from cloning the the host it was in.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Dingo on Apr 05, 2007, 05:31:06 PM
I know the alien takes some dna from the host and implanment it into it self. I got that right from the start of Alien 3. But what I meant was ripley getting part of the queen dna in herself and the queen getting a human dna and a human reproductive system, aka, going into labor and having the alien white hybrid thing come out of her womb instead of the egg with the face hugger. And you still didn't explain how they were able to get the alien by cloning ripley. You can't clone a parasite from cloning the the host it was in.

I will try to break this down for you really simple.

The facehugger does NOT lay an egg in its host.

Instead the facehugger adds DNA to the hosts.

This causes the host body to produce the Embryo on its own, using the new additional DNA.

This is true of both regular Aliens and Queens.

Therefor, if a host is cloned after its DNA has been altered, then the clone will contain the Alien DNA as well.

If cloned with the correct method, the cloned host will have an Alien inside of them.

The problem is that it is very difficult to separate the Alien and human DNA, so there was some mixing involved in Ripley clone # 8.

The Queen also got more than the normal amount of human DNA in her as well, and this EXTRA human DNA is what led to her having a messed up reproductive system.

The other 7 messed up clones were a result of Dr.Wren's previous failed attempts to clone Ripley with the Queen growing in her separately.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Meathead320 on Apr 05, 2007, 08:20:30 PM
I will try to break this down for you really simple.

Instead the facehugger adds DNA to the hosts.

This causes the host body to produce the Embryo on its own, using the new additional DNA.

I'm just going to stop there.

You know this how, exactly? Yes, we can infer it, but you're stating it as fact. What's the evidence?

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: Meathead320 on Apr 05, 2007, 08:20:30 PM

He didn't say that. He said
Quote from: Dingo on Apr 05, 2007, 05:31:06 PM
the egg with the face hugger
as in the facehugger is IN the egg.

Dingo

Dingo

Yes, thats what I meant. Ty.

SM

SM

QuoteBut what I meant was ripley getting part of the queen dna in herself and the queen getting a human dna and a human reproductive system, aka, going into labor and having the alien white hybrid thing come out of her womb instead of the egg with the face hugger.  And you still didn't explain how they were able to get the alien by cloning ripley. You can't clone a parasite from cloning the the host it was in.

Yes you can.  Resurrection shows us we can.

As I said, there is an exchange of DNA.  Not just the embryo taking from the host.

QuoteI'm just going to stop there.

You know this how, exactly? Yes, we can infer it, but you're stating it as fact. What's the evidence?

Quite.  We can speculate about such things - but speculate only.

chubbs3

chubbs3

i wouldve left everything in the movie up until the newborn scene and id get rid of that thing change the whole ending and maybe add a few extra action scenes like having the queen break loose aboard the ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed