Do you think the series will be re-made?

Started by War Wager, Aug 16, 2007, 04:55:42 PM

Say in 20 or 30 years time?

Yes
22 (33.3%)
No
32 (48.5%)
Not sure
12 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author
Do you think the series will be re-made? (Read 6,733 times)

Meathead320

Bad idea IMHO.

Why not a compromise we can all live with?

Make another Alien film, with a new cast etc...

Similar story and theme to A1.

Not exactly a remake, but an unrelated sequel in the same universe as the original, one that is virtually a re-make, but is actually a sequel.

This way it adds to the series. Yes is coveres old ground, but it has been 25+ years since A1, and this way we can "have our cake and eat it too".

Instead of re-doing to the movie, make a re-do "like" movie sequel.

Maybe call it a "redux" movie or re-sequel.

SM

QuoteThis way it adds to the series. Yes is coveres old ground, but it has been 25+ years since A1, and this way we can "have our cake and eat it too".

Cos it's not our cake.  It's about what will make money.  Alien and Aliens were both big hits.  Simpler to just keep the basic story, rewrite the script to cash in on current audience trends and off you go.

A new story is more of a risk.

Bishop2

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2007, 10:01:30 PM
I want to say no. I'm thinking they wouldn't remake such a large franchise but then I remembered Star Trek. So yeah, I think it will be remade eventually.

Truth is, I don't actually find it frightening anymore either.  :-\

Compared to some of the sequel stuff we've gotten, maybe it'd be an improvement.

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2007, 01:18:32 AM
QuoteThis way it adds to the series. Yes is coveres old ground, but it has been 25+ years since A1, and this way we can "have our cake and eat it too".

Cos it's not our cake.  It's about what will make money.  Alien and Aliens were both big hits.  Simpler to just keep the basic story, rewrite the script to cash in on current audience trends and off you go.

A new story is more of a risk.

Could they make the same basic story, but change the character names, and the name of the ship?

This way you could have both working in the same universe.

They could call the movie "The Alien"

SM

Why not call it Starbeast...

They could do what you're suggesting but it'd still be a great steaming pile of poo.

Kimarhi

Hey, Tarantino should do starbeast.

Aeus

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 17, 2007, 03:20:21 AM

Hopefully it will ruin him.

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2007, 03:18:05 AM
Why not call it Starbeast...

They could do what you're suggesting but it'd still be a great steaming pile of poo.

Well, at least it will not be a steaming pile to replace your beloved Alien film.

You won't have to deal with the kids saying "yeah I saw Alien", and be meaning the pile of poo.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 17, 2007, 03:21:49 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 17, 2007, 03:20:21 AM

Hopefully it will ruin him.

I like two of Tarantino's movies.  Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill 1. 

hunterv555

i dont think they should or will,  everyone loves them  and i find they are classics and i dont think they would want to tamper with them just in case they are worse

Originalsin

The original ALIEN was made in the late 70's. I would be willing to bet it is remade within the next 10 years. Horror and Sci-Fi are really popular when it comes to remakes

War Wager

Quote from: hunterv555 on Aug 24, 2007, 02:57:49 AM
i dont think they should or will,  everyone loves them  and i find they are classics and i dont think they would want to tamper with them just in case they are worse

King Kong, Black Christmas etc were all much loved classics. But they turned out to be even better than the originals...

Corporal Hicks

DId you actually watch King Kong?  :o

SiL

Quote from: War Wager on Aug 24, 2007, 08:03:20 AM
King Kong, Black Christmas etc were all much loved classics. But they turned out to be even better than the originals...
...King Kong '05 was better than the original? Since when?

Corporal Hicks

05 was a pile of crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed