Queen in A3/A Res

Started by Darkness, Dec 28, 2006, 10:10:24 PM

Author
Queen in A3/A Res (Read 5,438 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Okay, so as we see in Alien Resurrection, the scientists go to all the trouble of cloning Ripley to get the Queen Alien. My question is how were they so sure that Ripley had a Queen Alien inside her or not a regular Chestburster? Sure, Ripely said at the end of A3, that it was a Queen but why did the company take her word for that and invest all the time and money in cloning her to get a Queen when it very well might not have been one. Wouldn't it have been easier just to clone the aliens themselves?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Maybe they wanted a queen so they didnt spend all there money on cloning aliens over and over again, and i think they know about Ripley having a queen was because before Weyland-Yutani was bought out by Wal-mart, the company (Weyland-Yutani) knew that there was a facehugger on the Sulaco, maybe the company put it there incase Burk failed his mission, in which he did

Darkness

Darkness

Would the company even know that the creature would be a Super Facehugger though? Assuming that Bishop put it there. I doubt it though. I'm more inclined to believe the Queen did or another adult alien and it was just coincidence.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I always thought that the queen laid some quick eggs, or after all the marines and everyone left to go lv426 another Weyland ship docked with the Sulaco and placed some eggs on the ship.  ???

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 28, 2006, 10:10:24 PM
Okay, so as we see in Alien Resurrection, the scientists go to all the trouble of cloning Ripley to get the Queen Alien. My question is how were they so sure that Ripley had a Queen Alien inside her or not a regular Chestburster? Sure, Ripely said at the end of A3, that it was a Queen but why did the company take her word for that and invest all the time and money in cloning her to get a Queen when it very well might not have been one. Wouldn't it have been easier just to clone the aliens themselves?
Let's back up a bit. In AlienĀ³, when Ripley had hotwired Bishop's head, he told her that the Company knew everything about the mission to LV-426 because all of the data was transferred from the Marines to the APC to the Sulaco and sent through the Network.

Toward the end of the film, two things happened: Ripley told the Company that there was an alien loose in the facility, and she had a bioscan taken onboard the EEV. Both of these incidents were sent back to the Company. When the Company recovery team arrived, they had a cage for the adult alien that was running loose, but it was too late to use it as the alien was killed before they could get to it. Thanks to the bioscan, they knew that Ripley had an alien embryo inside of her. As to whether they knew it was a queen (or even cared), who knows? The point is that they get to take something home with them.

As for Alien Resurrection, the Company had folded long ago. It was the United Systems Military that had got a hold of the samples afterward and were using them. Why go to the trouble and expense of cloning aliens when it's far cheaper to let the queen lay the eggs herself? Plus, they could study the natural cycle this way.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Theres you explination  ;D
I could be arsed going deep into it, so i guess somebody else did, thanks santa, errrr....... I mean maledoro  ;D

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteToward the end of the film, two things happened: Ripley told the Company that there was an alien loose in the facility, and she had a bioscan taken onboard the EEV. Both of these incidents were sent back to the Company.

The bioscan still didn't prove that it was a Queen Chestburster though.

Quotethey had a cage for the adult alien that was running loose, but it was too late to use it as the alien was killed before they could get to it.

They had a cage? How did they plan to catch the creature?

QuoteAs to whether they knew it was a queen (or even cared), who knows? The point is that they get to take something home with them.

What would be the point though? If it took the scientists eight attempts to clone Ripley, which was set far in the future, what would these guys have done with the Runner?

QuoteAs for Alien Resurrection, the Company had folded long ago.

What? What happened to them?

QuoteWhy go to the trouble and expense of cloning aliens when it's far cheaper to let the queen lay the eggs herself? Plus, they could study the natural cycle this way.

What exactly determines how a Queen is made? Would a Queen Chestburster just transform into a Queen straight away or would it evolve from a regular adult alien?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

QuoteAs for Alien Resurrection, the Company had folded long ago.

What? What happened to them?

You didn't know, Weyland -Yutani was bought out by Wal-mart, it says in the special edition, thats why Dr. Gediman didn't understand number 8 when she say "everyone in the company will die"
Weyland-Yutani went under years before Gediman was born so he has never heard of Weyland-Yutani.

Darkness

Darkness

Never thought about it to be honest. I guess I don't pay too mucn attention to A4 when I'm watching it.

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 29, 2006, 11:47:18 AM

The scan indeed shows a Queen Chestburser. That's how Ripley, the Company, and we the audience know it's a Queen. And it's also why the logo for the film is of a Queen Chestburster.

Darkness

Darkness

The chestburster in these pictures doesn't look any different?

The one in the A3 poster, sure. That's different but the ones above don't look like it:

maledoro

maledoro

For one thing, Ripley recognized the ridge around the queen's head. And, as I had said before, it wouldn't matter to the Company what kind of alien it was. As long as they could take something back with them.

They had a cage? How did they plan to catch the creature?
Yes, they had a cage. Who knows what they would do? They felt confident enough that they could handle the situation.

What would be the point though? If it took the scientists eight attempts to clone Ripley, which was set far in the future, what would these guys have done with the Runner?
I presume by "runner" you meant the adult alien in the movie? These guys would hope to pen it up and sell it to a government as a bioweapon. Plus, whenever a new organism is discovered, there are all kinds of new products that are invented as a result.

What? What happened to them? [The Company]
They went under and were (Gawd, I hate saying this) bought out by Wal*Mart.

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 29, 2006, 11:47:18 AMWhat exactly determines how a Queen is made? Would a Queen Chestburster just transform into a Queen straight away or would it evolve from a regular adult alien?
Here's Jimbo's explanation:
QuoteExtrapolating from entomology (ants, termites, etc.), an immature female, one of the first to emerge from hosts, grows to become a new queen, while males become drones or warriors. Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste. The Queen locates a nesting spot (the warmth of the atmosphere station heat exchanger level being perfect for egg incubation) and becomes sedentary.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 29, 2006, 09:01:20 PM
The chestburster in these pictures doesn't look any different?
You need to look at it from a different frame. The ridges are there.

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

You can always check out the bonus disc from the quadrilogy, which has a multi-angle thingy of the bioscan, and photos of the models being made.

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteFor one thing, Ripley recognized the ridge around the queen's head. And, as I had said before, it wouldn't matter to the Company what kind of alien it was. As long as they could take something back with them.

Okay, so how do you know the bioscan was definitely sent back to the company? Was it stored in the EEV?

QuoteExtrapolating from entomology (ants, termites, etc.), an immature female, one of the first to emerge from hosts, grows to become a new queen, while males become drones or warriors. Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste. The Queen locates a nesting spot (the warmth of the atmosphere station heat exchanger level being perfect for egg incubation) and becomes sedentary.

Ah, okay. Makes sense I guess. I always thought a Queen evolved from an adult alien like in the games.

Quotehttp://www.alienlegacy.net/queen.jpg

You can always check out the bonus disc from the quadrilogy, which has a multi-angle thingy of the bioscan, and photos of the models being made.

Yeah, okay. I can't believe I've never noticed that before. Somebody only pointed it out to me the other month. I never even noticed the chestburster had the ridge.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed