Facehugger in Alien & Aliens

Started by Big Bad Wolf, Dec 14, 2007, 03:14:05 PM

Author
Facehugger in Alien & Aliens (Read 2,849 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

How come that Ripley could keep a facehugger away from her face with her bare hands, when the facehugger in Alien was strong enough to break through the glass in Kane's helmet, which seemed to be at least 3 or 4 inches thick.

Any reason why the facehugger in Alien was so much stronger?

slipknotpredator

Quote from: Big Bad Wolf on Dec 14, 2007, 03:14:05 PM
How come that Ripley could keep a facehugger away from her face with her bare hands, when the facehugger in Alien was strong enough to break through the glass in Kane's helmet, which seemed to be at least 3 or 4 inches thick.

In Alien the helmet was melted, not broken, maybe the facehuger used some acid.

Foundationman2

Kane had no clue what was going on, but Ripley knew enough to try to at least keep it off her face. She didnt want that thing on her and if it were coming after me, I would too.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Of course, but I believe that Kane also tried to get the facehugger of his helmet when it attacked him, but it still managed to get through his helmet fast enough to attach itself to his face (and if it used acid to get through fast, how come the acid didn't burn his face?).

slipknotpredator

Quote from: Big Bad Wolf on Dec 14, 2007, 03:51:56 PM
(and if it used acid to get through fast, how come the acid didn't burn his face?).

Dont know, but look at the scene Ash is removing the helmet, you can clearly see its melted.

Corporal Hicks

I doubt Kane's gloves would have allowed him to get that much grip on the Hugger either.

Thedus

Thedus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2007, 03:57:50 PM
I doubt Kane's gloves would have allowed him to get that much grip on the Hugger either.

Exactly.  And his suit was less than conducive to the type of movement needed to try and keep the facehugger away - even if he knew what was coming.  His suit was huge, bulky, and cumbersome.  Imagine trying to fend off something the size of your face and incredibly fast while wearing a suit like that.

Quote from: Big Bad Wolf on Dec 14, 2007, 03:14:05 PM

It melted the faceplate on Kane's helmet.

severen76

severen76

It definetley melted the faceplate, as it jumps out of the egg on to kanes helmet it hisses

Porkus Maximus

It did melt the helmet but it also breaks it on impact.  Watching the facehugger attack frame by frame is kind of cool, although the broken glass looks extremely thin and flimsy.

mostlycome@nite

What they said it was the first incounter with the species....damn dude put his head just about over the egg.....BAM!!

Ripley knew what was in the room, what it was going to try and do, By then she knew her stuff about the Xeno's.....somewhat.

And adrenilin is a hell of a drug.....

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

don't forget Ripley getting facehugged in Alien-R

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: severen76 on Dec 14, 2007, 06:12:22 PM
It definetley melted the faceplate, as it jumps out of the egg on to kanes helmet it hisses

That's true.  The acid allowed the face hugger to get into his helmet with little or no problem where the face hugger in Aliens was using or had no acid on him at the time.

The Chibi Kiriyama

There was an obstruction. It melted through it. The others didn't because they didn't have to go through glass.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Dec 14, 2007, 03:35:56 PM
Kane had no clue what was going on, but Ripley knew enough to try to at least keep it off her face. She didnt want that thing on her and if it were coming after me, I would too.

She wasn't going to fend that hugger off forever.  The facehugger is pretty strong, and would have overpowered Ripley eventually if she wasn't saved by Hicks and company.

Dark Passenger

Maybe when the helmet broke, the sharp glass might have skimmed the facehuggers legs or omething cause the glass to melt a bit.....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed