Ash

Started by I am Mother, Dec 10, 2007, 03:03:55 AM

Author
Ash (Read 5,485 times)

Huol

Huol

Does nobody remember Ash just sitting there while Kane appears to be choking? And then he starts screaming and Ash leaps up and says "This is serious" and tries to help Kane in some way.
I doubt he knew the alien would burst out of him.

Ellen Ripley

Ellen Ripley

no one will ever know the extent of what ash knew

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Very true. I like it when films have small little mysteries like the Space Jockey and what Ash knew.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: purebreedalien on Dec 11, 2007, 05:50:10 PM
Very true. I like it when films have small little mysteries like the Space Jockey and what Ash knew.

I dont think that space Jockeys would qualify as "little mysteries". They're moe like pretty friggin big mysteries.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Dec 11, 2007, 06:02:11 PM
I dont think that space Jockeys would qualify as "little mysteries". They're moe like pretty friggin big mysteries.
Considering that it was created only for the purpose of being a plot device to give a reason for the Nostromo to meet the alien, and that the filmmakers really didn't intend to revisit the Jockeys, it's a pretty safe bet that they qualify as a "little mystery".

They're only a "big mystery" if someone decides to attach too much to them and make them out to be more than the filmmakers had intended.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 11, 2007, 07:38:33 PM
They're only a "big mystery" if someone decides to attach too much to them and make them out to be more than the filmmakers had intended.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Elves/wink.gif

I am not attaching anything to them, they're is already enough attached to them. Like the fact that they either were the first race to encounter the aliens, or the fact they might have created them.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Dec 11, 2007, 10:40:42 PM
am not attaching anything to them, they're is already enough attached to them. Like the fact that they either were the first race to encounter the aliens, or the fact they might have created them.
Again, read my part about why the concept of the Jockeys was created for the story.

SM

SM

Exactly.  Pretty much everything connected to the Jockies is little more than fan fic.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

I thought it was common knowledge he knew...

SM

SM

He knew about his orders.  Beyond that he knew as much as the others when they landed, and would've found out more than the others by studying the hugger and Kane.  But how much he knew is anyone's guess.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But...but Steel Egg! Someone knew about them before hand!!!!  :P :o

And AvP1/2!!!!

SM

SM

You know where you can shove your Steel Egg?

(Hint - You might want to warm it beforehand)

;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:o Dude! There's a reason I think it's the worse Aliens novel!

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2007, 10:06:32 AM
:o Dude! There's a reason I think it's the worse Aliens novel!
Would that reason be that it is an Aliens novel?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No. Because it is  the worse.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed