AvPGalaxy Prometheus Blu-Ray Review

Started by Darkness, Oct 08, 2012, 08:48:20 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Prometheus Blu-Ray Review (Read 32,702 times)

Darkness

The Prometheus Blu-Ray sets are officially out today in the UK and tomorrow in the US. For those that haven’t got it yet, I recommend reading my Prometheus Blu-Ray Review. I still have mixed feelings about the movie but the Collector’s/Special Edition is a great set to have. There’s absolutely loads of extra content to keep you occupied.

You’re also in for a little surprise when you view the special features. AvPGalaxy makes an appearance in the last five minutes of the Making Of Prometheus documentary when they start talking about the fanbase. They show a selection of your posts and comments as well as some news posts. The site also appears in one of the Enhancement Pods: ‘The Case of the Fake FanFic’ which is about the Alien Harvest fan script. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Charles de Lauzirika, Jon Mefford and our very own Corporal Hicks for making this happen. It’s kind of a nice touch that after all our hard work, we’re getting some recognition.

It’s actually been ten years this week that I launched this website for Alien/Predator fans and we’ve come a very long way since then. We’ve followed four movies out of these franchises and are still here reporting news on the latest happenings with the series. Here’s to many more years to come.

Pete Script

Was great to see this awesome website get some recognition.

Darth Vile

Brilliant - well done on some deserved credit...  :)

ikarop

ikarop

Congrats to everyone who is featured on the Blu-ray! And thanks to everyone involved. We didn't want to spoil it so I hope it comes as a pleasant surprise to everyone who saw the documentary today.

The Blu-ray is really amazing. The amount of images and behind-the-scenes material is overwhelming. I can't stop looking at all the images from the galleries. It's a must have.

wmmvrrvrrmm

well well. I've got my Special Edition Blu-ray set, I'll need a Blu-ray player now

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Does anyone know specifically what threads are featured?

MrSpaceJockey

:o

I'm still annoyed at the no extended-cut, but what is included in this set's healing those wounds.

Hope they got our best avatars.

Excellent review!  Also, thank you, AVPGalaxy, for keeping up with all the news since the first sliver of set photos or teaser trailers popped up.  It's been a fun journey.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 08, 2012, 09:21:18 PM

Official relationship advice thread.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

NOOOOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 08, 2012, 09:22:49 PM

As if there's any other :P

Crazy Rich

I don't have blu-ray, it'd be cool if I could have the details PM'd to me though.

GQSioux

I engulfed myself in the world of Prometheus over the weekend and watched every inch of all the discs. I just need to watch Ridley's commentary and that's it. But I was totally excited to see the segment where the AVP Galaxy screenshots popped up. Some of the abandoned art and ideas that never got filmed are a bit gut wrenching, but even some of the filmed deleted scenes that didn't make it in are aggravating too. The alternate Fifield creature should've been the version they used, all the way. Overall, a great Blu-ray set.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 08, 2012, 09:26:22 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 08, 2012, 09:22:49 PM

As if there's any other :P

If they looked through the forum for the documentary, they must have been bound to find some of the strangest shit there, anyhow.  ;)

Hopefully, we gave 'em a few laughs.

ikarop

ikarop

It's around 15 usernames featured on the disc including staffers and plenty of site areas. I'd love if most names remained a mystery until each person has checked it for themselves. If it was me I definitely would love to discover it that way.

Cvalda

Cvalda

...but ikarop, a lot of them might not have a Blu-ray player with which to check ;D

ShadowPred

I know I don't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed