Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers]

Started by ikarop, Jul 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM

Author
Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers] (Read 82,433 times)

TorsoInvader

Wow been away for 3 days and i come back to see this.

I can't believe it was actually possible to make the story worse then it already was.

So we get:
-some random dude thrown in hicks' tube

-ripley getting shot in the face

-no wall of flames

-random caves with more random xenos in them

-burke somehow getting a signel out(something that contridicts the tech manuel)

So yeah there you go,that made alien 3 a better movie apparently. :-\

windebieste

Well, yeah... that's because 'ALIEN 3' always was a better movie.  There was never anything wrong with it in the first place.

It's just the continuity between it and the previous film that was ever in any doubt. 

Unfortunately, any resolutions regarding the anomalous events between them weren't delivered as promised in this shitty game.   

Instead, we get a lousy fanboi wankfest justification to bring back Corporal Hicks.  It's just bullshit.

-Windebieste.

Vrastal

Aliens CM made Alien 3 better because of how terrible it was  :o

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: Nazrel on Jul 27, 2013, 05:24:15 AM
Aliens CM made Alien 3 better because of how terrible it was  :o

I strongly recommend you go watch Alien 3 again please. Nothing tops Hicks and Newt's deaths. Nothing.

I loved the DLC. Sure, it had the same buggy engine with bad graphics... but the developers sure got to take all the juice they could out of it. The first part is awesome and playing as three different characters was great. And the whole Turk retcon was good to me. Anything... ANYTHING is better than watching a main character be senselessly killed in the intro of the sequel to an awesome film. >:(

I understand why they changed some things. For example, they could have used the sample of the Sulaco's computer from Alien 3, but they did not because as far as I can tell the voice actress forbidded it by contract... that's why it has never been used in any video games. This also explains why Ripley's scenes were all shown from the back...

Also, the PMCs with caps in the molten pit scene were changed because there probably weren't any Apesuit models and the PMCs that looked similar to the Apesuit were too detailed and could have caused glitches. So in the end and despite all the troubles and the hate they received the programmers did a decent job.

Hell, as far as I know they could just have called it all off and cancel the DLCs with all the hatred and the negative reviews.... and they did not. I like that.... people who finish what they start are rare these days. 8)

And to those claiming that Gearbox is trying to make profit... I recommend you go visit the Playstation Store...

100+ people bought the season pass.... and only 40+ have downloaded Stasis Interrupted. So this means there are like 60+ people who haven't downloaded the expansion at all despite being FREE for them... (makes me wonder if all those dissing, nitpicking and hating the DLC have actually ever played the campaign at all) >:(

SM

SM

They finished because they were contractually obliged to.  People bought season passes.  Of course they finished what they started with the Wii U version, eh?

QuoteI strongly recommend you go watch Alien 3 again please.

Yeah. It's way better than this A:CM tripe.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Oh i know. I Do enjoy Alien 3 a lot. i always have. And i did enjoy the dlc and the original campaign. I mean was that it just makes you appreciate Alien 3 more.

And yeah as SM stated they were under contract to do all the dlc  up till this point. there probably wont be much (if anything) else.

SM

In the same way Resurrection made people go 'You know, Alien3 wasn't so bad', then AvP made people go 'You know Resurrection wasn't so bad', then AvP:Poo made people go 'You know, AvP wasn't so bad'...

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: SM on Jul 27, 2013, 06:26:51 AM
In the same way Resurrection made people go 'You know, Alien3 wasn't so bad', then AvP made people go 'You know Resurrection wasn't so bad', then AvP:Poo made people go 'You know, AvP wasn't so bad'...

It's a cycle of crap and it's like it'll never end. A:CM did make A3 a better movie... by making us realize how good we had it. Even Michael Biehn hates this fan-wank. And no-one should be thanking Gearbox for "finishing what they started" (lol Wii-U version). They HAD to because they were under contract and because they sold people a season pass.

Now that Stasis Interrupted is done, you'll see FraudBox abandon this game like they always wanted to.

AcrossExistence

It just makes me rage that they NEVER say anything about it. Gearbox didn't even say one word about Stasis Interrupted on Facebook. All they ever talk about is Borderlands, blah, blah, blah...

Is no one ever going to make them own up for what they did?

shakermakerman

Quote from: Jarac on Jul 27, 2013, 07:02:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 27, 2013, 06:26:51 AM

It's a cycle of crap and it's like it'll never end. A:CM did make A3 a better movie... by making us realize how good we had it. Even Michael Biehn hates this fan-wank. And no-one should be thanking Gearbox for "finishing what they started" (lol Wii-U version). They HAD to because they were under contract and because they sold people a season pass.

Now that Stasis Interrupted is done, you'll see FraudBox abandon this game like they always wanted to.

He also hates Alien 3 for killing him off!

stemot

stemot

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM
Video Walkthrough:

Hick's Spoilers (Thanks to SM for the link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquByeLRYNM#

Thanks to SM?? It's my vid.  ???

TorsoInvader

Quote from: AcrossExistence on Jul 27, 2013, 07:23:28 AM
It just makes me rage that they NEVER say anything about it. Gearbox didn't even say one word about Stasis Interrupted on Facebook. All they ever talk about is Borderlands, blah, blah, blah...

Is no one ever going to make them own up for what they did?

Thats because ACM funded borderlands 2 silly. :laugh:

Also SM is right its a neverending cycle of shit, and so far the cycule has never been broken.

IIRC Sulaco computer was voiced by Claudia Black in A3.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Alien 3 is a very good movie.The main problem is that Alien and Aliens are masterpieces and especially after of all the action on Aliens,Alien 3 seems ''boring'' and slow for most people but not for me.

As for A:CM i believe all who say that the DLC was better than the main game.Maybe the effort they put on the DLC is their way to apologize for the main game.But like most people say,too late.I bought the game because i love the franchise but not the pass.

Also i do not accept the Hicks is alive ect or the explanation for the beginning of Alien 3.Ruins the movie for me.

*The 4 alien movies cant be compared with the AvP movies but maybe only with Prometheus.There is no cycle ect.

crazyrabbits

crazyrabbits

There was some stuff I liked, and stuff I didn't like:

Liked:
1) The fact that we at least got an explanation for how everything led up to the main game. It's an explanation that's pretty goddamn stupid, but it's an explanation nonetheless.
2) All the continuity nods were quite nice: Lisbeth doing the self-destruct sequence like the Nostromo in the original film, her holding the chestburster like Ripley in 3, the audio logs giving a bit more colour to the proceedings et al. These were the best part of the main game, and they're one of the best parts of this one.
3) There do seem to be some decent jump scares, due in part because of the soundtrack (which is also really good).
4) They gave Lisbeth Sanders, a character who exists for all of half-an-hour of gameplay, more characterization and depth than anyone in the main plot. That's an achievement by itself.
5) The Legato, W-Y FTL ship and cave levels are all quite fun to fight through (I don't count the Sulaco or most of the LV-426 levels because they're just reused from the base game).

Disliked:
1) The retconning/rewriting of the A3 opening. When a soldier knocking a civilian into a cryotube and closing it elicits unintentional laughter instead of interest, you know something's gone terribly wrong. I can't get over what's worse - the flagrant attempts to shoehorn this version of events into the film's timeline, the wonky "fight scene", the dull surprise Biehn utters when seeing Ripley for the first time since waking and the general lethargy of the sequence. That said...
2) The Fury 161 scene is worse, if only because it makes Hicks look like a complete idiot for not yelling at Ripley when she's up on the platform. I swear, it's like they made Hicks the "Forrest Gump" of this game - he has to visit every goddamn location from the trilogy. The Sulaco (again), Fury 161, the Derelict, Hadley's (again).
3) The whole "race against time" plot doesn't work because it's a foregone conclusion. There's no tension or sense of interest because we already know what happens to Ripley, Hicks and Stone.
4) There's still some clipping/lighting issues with the characters and enemies, even with the patches.
5) Some of the serious moments end up looking hammy, like the aforementioned "A3 revised opening" sequence, the soldiers holding the Queen captive at the end of the DLC and characters in the opening stage falling over and dying for no discernible reason.

Overall - too little, too late.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed