Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 404,572 times)

[cancerblack]

Man, i really didn't need to wake up to that email.

Still Collating...

Damn, this is horrible news. I really respected and appreciated what Prodos was doing with the miniatures.

Wasn't really expecting an AVP movie anytime soon but not renewing the license at all?! No new AVP novel, comic or game? People were working on a comic, that's just not cool Disney...

They better not touch the Neca stuff. Does that mean we'll never see an AVP Queen from Neca? What about the Wolf predator that's been in the works forever?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 02, 2019, 07:34:30 PM
It's not the end of AvP, which is a Fox license and trademark. I believe this is all about new ownership now and Disney's proclivity to do all their products in house like comics, games, toys. And old licensing just won't be renewed under their current form.

Very true. There are bound to be a lot of different things being consolidated, right now, for efficiency and legal reasons.

Voodoo Magic

Hicks would push for an AvP rebranding if need be: "Alien Predator Galaxy"

I do like the sound of that.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Darkness wouldn't take the VS out of the site. It would be like changing a son's name, it has been like this for 16 years. The AVP concept gave birth to the site.

Corporal Hicks

Ha, no, I wasn't saying I was going to push for a rebrand. I wouldn't expect we ever would. Just that if we did, I'd want to go for Alien/Predator Galaxy.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 02, 2019, 09:39:47 PM
Darkness wouldn't take the VS out of the site. It would be like changing a son's name, it has been like this for 16 years. The AVP concept gave birth to the site.

Actually I meant if it was Disney's choice to possibly rebrand AvP to something, Hicks would like Alien Predator Galaxy. In theory it would be Disney's equivalent to the "old" AvP license, but shiny and new! ;)

But I never considered how that might affect the AvPGalaxy website name until now. Hmm...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2019, 09:43:57 PM
Ha, no, I wasn't saying I was going to push for a rebrand. I wouldn't expect we ever would. Just that if we did, I'd want to go for Alien/Predator Galaxy.

Ah Hick's ninja'd me!  ;D

[cancerblack]

Operation: Saviour is now underway. I won't post details here (yet?), but life, uh, finds a way.

SiL

Stocked up on the figures I'd wanted to make a core set for future games. Terrible news.

Wonder if they could try getting individual Alien and Predator licenses and make two legally distinct but somehow compatible games ;D

[cancerblack]

I think it's likely any future a/p/avp license for miniatures will go to Fantasy Flight Games.

SiL

Noooo.

If people start 3D printing the Prodos figures I'm buying.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2019, 12:22:42 AM
Noooo.

If people start 3D printing the Prodos figures I'm buying.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 02, 2019, 10:21:36 PM
Operation: Saviour is now underway. I won't post details here (yet?), but life, uh, finds a way.

Samhain13

Operation Savior was a trap for the marines on AVP2 though. Is Disney Eisenberg now?

[cancerblack]

The joke doesn't have to be perfect. The point is, the community won't let this die.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Nah it works. The fans are the marines going to the hive, Disney is Eisenberg and the other WY shills. AVP Galaxy needs to be Harrison on a Exo-suit. I'm probably Duke on this scenario btw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed