Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 735,286 times)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 26, 2021, 09:03:51 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 26, 2021, 11:02:58 AM
It's in the maintenance corridor adjacent to inside of the landing strut. 😋

It's not on the dropship because the stanchion is obviously marked "SULACO".
Might just be the doctrine of the colonial marines is to have the mother ships name written onboard the dropship it belongs to?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's not the main dropship interior, and it's far too cluttered/lit from above to be a downward facing landing gear well. It's not on the dropship.

426Buddy

426Buddy

God d*mned stanchion  >:(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"It's in the basement."

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

There's no basement at the Alamo!

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Sep 26, 2021, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Sep 26, 2021, 04:11:04 PM

"" 1. He volunteers to remote pilot the dropship from the Sulaco. In doing so he provides an exaggerated timeline as to how long it will take to crawl down the pipe to the uplink tower, how long it will take to align the dish (come on... it takes an hour to align the dish!?), and the flight time of the dropship itself. This gives him the time he needs.
You'd think someone like Hudson, the highly panicky commtech, would jump on Bishop if he thought his numbers were whack.

Not necessarily at that point. He had lost most of his composure by then and was clearly spinning. He gladly cheered for Bishop to go down that shaft tunnel, no questions asked. So no, at that point I don't think Hudson gave a single damn about numbers. He just wanted to get the hell out of there ASAP.

Quote..Just wanted to share that.
Like every "Bishop did it" scenario, it requires a lot of facts not in evidence and ignoring what's established. You might as well claim the egg teleported.

Well, Cameron did that with the inclusion of the Hive and the Queen. Ripley saw eggs being morphed on the Nostromo and the organic structure was clearly similar to what she witnessed on Acheron, yet in ALIENS she all of a sudden had no idea how Alien eggs are made or what the hive structure was and what it was that secreted it...

I'm mentioning this as the Bishop/Egg explanation might at some point be verified (highly unlikely though), and then all of a sudden those 20 to 60+ minutes will be the time frame where he managed to get at least one egg on board via the second dropship before he came to pick up Ripley & Co.

The problem right now is that we don't have an actual explanation. It's insinuated that the Queen somehow brought the egg on board, but the location and angle suggest otherwise - the only explanation (other than walking/crawling eggs) is that someone/something placed the egg there off camera. But when? The only one who could have done that is Bishop and the only time he could've done it is off-camera during that time period he was away from the rest of the team... Yeah, it's circular as hell, yet it doesn't go anywhere.

Anyways, it's not a popular explanation (I don't like it either as it ruins the Bishop character for me), hence why I simply don't worry about it every time I watch A3. The opening scene is somewhat fast-paced and semi-dreamlike to begin with, with some fever dream shots and flickering details... The upside-down egg could easily be a part of some dream-state montage swiftly leading into the actual events.

SiL

SiL

QuoteSo no, at that point I don't think Hudson gave a single damn about numbers. He just wanted to get the hell out of there ASAP.
Think about what you've just said. He wants to get out of there ASAP, so if he thought Bishop was fixing the numbers, that would mean waiting longer than necessary - which he doesn't want to do. I also mention him because he'd be most likely to know if Bishop was lying about aligning the antenna.

Cameron didn't really ignore anything from the theatrical cut of Alien (except adding a D to Weylan, I guess). Even if the scene was widely known, it was removed from the movie and didn't form part of the finished story. It's not at all the same as ignoring major plot points from the finished film.

You keep trying to make these sorts of false equivalences and they really are not working.

End of the day, it's a plot hole. The end.

Huggs

Huggs

They could just make a sequel set right after the third movie and say there was more than one egg on the sulaco, and the company got it after the events of alien 3. And I believe there was supposed to be more at some point.

All we have to go on is bishop answering her question about a single alien. And he was badly damaged. Maybe there was another xeno that morphed into a queen while they were in cryo.

Or, like I said, maybe there were just more eggs. If you can have one, why not two? The egg makes sense, there's no retconning, and you can have sequels without weaver. Plus it means Ripley died for nothing, and that's cold. Cold fits the franchise.

Oh my God, it's just like the ending to Covenant.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: judge death on Sep 26, 2021, 09:58:55 PMMight just be the doctrine of the colonial marines is to have the mother ships name written onboard the dropship it belongs to?

If it was just painted on that might fly, but actually stamped on the internal metal construction? Do the F/A-18s on Nimitz have the carrier's name stamped somewhere on their internal frame? Of course not. When they were building the planes the factory probably had no idea where they'd end up deployed.

Besides, what if the Sulaco is decommissioned and they want to put it on another ship? Do they have to try and re-stamp all the internal components?

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 26, 2021, 08:21:44 AM
Quote from: Inverse Effect on Sep 26, 2021, 07:06:56 AM
Or we just admit it was a plot hole that nobody cared about when writing the script just so they could make a third movie. And we're just idiots trying to figure it out xD  ;D

Fanboy is gotta fanboy. We all know it's a plot hole and there's no way around it. But where's fun in just admitting that ?

No, but i do just think we are literally have been overthinking this for years now.

Look from a fan's perspective I generally like to think or have told my self that over the years. The only logical explanation is that the queen stored/dropped two eggs on the dropship at some point or inside the landing gears. And that's how the eggs go there. Maybe they grew from spores, or spilled from the royal jelly from the queen while she was hiding.

Officially nobody f**king knows lol.

Or.. We go by another theory, that Alien 3 was a Dream. And the 4 survivors are still in deep hype sleep. And there was no eggs or third movie.

Drukathi

Drukathi

What if Alien 3 is not a cryo-nightmare of Ripley, but cryo-dream of Bishop?

Kradan

Kradan

judge death

judge death

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 02, 2021, 08:19:07 AM
Quote from: judge death on Sep 26, 2021, 09:58:55 PMMight just be the doctrine of the colonial marines is to have the mother ships name written onboard the dropship it belongs to?

If it was just painted on that might fly, but actually stamped on the internal metal construction? Do the F/A-18s on Nimitz have the carrier's name stamped somewhere on their internal frame? Of course not. When they were building the planes the factory probably had no idea where they'd end up deployed.

Besides, what if the Sulaco is decommissioned and they want to put it on another ship? Do they have to try and re-stamp all the internal components?
Not us navy but I do know some airforces who do and in ww2 several cases.

For decommission: spaceships will be hundred of years old before they are scrapped, see nostromo, sulaco, betty etc, by the time that happens those drop ships have been scrapped and replaced by newer models long since then, heck in aliens fireteam elite we have new drop ship designs. If the doctrine is like that then they dont really swap the drop ships around, maybe a bit static aproach but how the colonial marines work and training I wouldnt put it past being possible.

A better example would be the british navy especielly during the age of sails when the landing boats and boats from the mothership had the motherships name printed on them at certain locations.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 02, 2021, 10:30:11 AMhttps://y.yarn.co/41200108-d0d6-40fd-a9ba-c5f2f676748c_text.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: judge death on Oct 02, 2021, 10:47:09 AMNot us navy but I do know some airforces who do and in ww2 several cases.

Examples?

Again, not painting the name on the hull - actually stamping the metal of the internal frame like we see in the movie. I'd be incredibly surprised if that had ever happened anywhere.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 02, 2021, 11:23:38 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 02, 2021, 10:30:11 AMhttps://y.yarn.co/41200108-d0d6-40fd-a9ba-c5f2f676748c_text.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: judge death on Oct 02, 2021, 10:47:09 AMNot us navy but I do know some airforces who do and in ww2 several cases.

Examples?

Again, not painting the name on the hull - actually stamping the metal of the internal frame like we see in the movie. I'd be incredibly surprised if that had ever happened anywhere.
Trying to find where I read the walrus scout planes on british battleships had the ships name printed on the inside of the cockpit but no luck so far, but I remember I read it somewhere, will come back if/when I find it again.

But I do know that the planes omboard the carriercrusier Gotland in the swedish navy had its planes having onboard the ID metal piece the ships name printed onboard. Is in the book: Kryssare: Med svenska flottans kryssare under 75 år.

But yeah its an odd and rare thing and mostly a thing of the past. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed