AVP:Extinction2 wishlist.

Started by Meathead320, Dec 03, 2007, 01:40:53 AM

Author
AVP:Extinction2 wishlist. (Read 11,319 times)

Chris P

Chris P

Screw PC options.  Go Console.  PC games are running out of luster.  All the AVP games should have started with the PS2, then PSP, then PS3.  More Internet options and WiFi with SONY products.  Plus, The controls would be better, and it would be more personal. 

I think AVP Extinction 2 should be more like the original films and have a first person option.  I think it should be a play-off of AVP Primal Hunt.  Better Graphics would be nice aswell.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I would definitely pay for another AVP RTS.   The alien campaign was so much fun in AVP:E.

I would want better graphics, a 360 version, more missions, more playable units, more classes, more camera angles, better maps, etc..

Chris P

Chris P

I loved the RTS aswell.  I wish you could make custom maps, and have a multiplayer option.

I loved AVP:E.  I hope they make a second one.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I think if they make a sequel, it should be PC exclusive.

Tarog

Tarog

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jul 26, 2008, 03:19:36 AM
I think if they make a sequel, it should be PC exclusive.

Why??? The pc already got Avp 1 and 2

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Because RTS's on a PC are better, look at C&C 3. I have both versions and the PC version is a lot better.

scarface

scarface

1. Kepping Drones, Warriors, Runners, Predaliens, and getting rid of everything else like ravagers and carriers.
2. Ultimate hive, like in Aliens.
3. Cutscenes
4. PRedators should have characters from the movies.
5. Levels that actually make sense
6. You can play in normal AVP:Extinction camera mode, 1st person, but in 1st person you can switch through characters, same with 3rd person.

Chris P

Chris P

It should be an "AVP Primal Hunt" for PS2, PSP, and PS3!  That would do well, I think.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I think the FPS AVP's should be PC exlusives, just seems right for some reason.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

The FPSs should stick to PC, but imo there's no need to limit a possible Extinction sequel to PC when its predecessor was on consoles as well.

Things a new Extinction would need:

- Much better graphics (obviously)
- Better variety of terrain
- More balance between races.
- A skirmish/multiplayer mode

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I want to see some defence levels. I would really enjoy fighting my way through dark valleys, constantly getting ambushed by aliens only to find a base with strong walls and many defensive capabilities, setting my remaining men on the walls and holding off the onslaught of aliens till Evac arrived.

Predator755

Predator755

First off, I would recommend keeping it on PC. Its infinitely easier to maneuver large numbers of troops and such with a mouse than with analog sticks, at least in my opinion. It would also be far easier to capture screenshots and such.

As for obvious improvements...
1. Better graphics, duh.
2. Greater variety of units and such. Possibly limited customized Marines and Yautja.
3. Online play would be great!
4. Skirmish! I love doing those straight up fights without complicated objectives.
5. Level customization would be marvelous as well.
6. While I did greatly enjoy the wide variety of character classes, I would say that introducing new ones is a must if the sequel wants to improve further.
7. Although I didnt play with the aliens that much, I do have to agree with these other guys. They need a bigger population limit. While it was still impressive in the first game and almost impossible to fend of a full scale assault from a full size hive, it always seemed a bit too small... I would truly love to play a skirmish mode and fight off quite literally hundreds of swarming xenos! That is something to look forward too. ;D
And yeah, the marines definitely need a bigger fighting force. At best, with a full population, they are a small platoon. Insufficient for combating yautja or xenomorph hives.
8. Preferably getting better close views, possibly even seeing from 1st person point of view. And being able to record battles and such would be marvelous, allowing for machinima! ;D Yes, Im a big fan of machinima, and would greatly like to do epic battles with AvP.

Other stuff would include
1. Customization. Marines are often divided up into large groups, ranging from squads, platoons, companies, battalions, and many others. You could have your own battalion with its own special numbers, color scheme, etc.
The same goes for yautja. Make your own clan style! Im not sure if it would work for aliens, but Im sure it would still work well.
2. Small character modifications. When playing as the Yautja, I was somewhat dissapointed that each warrior only got one weapon. What if you could give them a couple? A burner in one hand, spear in another in addition to a shoulder mounted weapon. Versatillity and stuff.
3. More weapons! I love the introduction of weapons in the first game, like the blazer and plasma glaive, but it could still be better. I know that the marines have plasma rifles, possibly railguns and other equipment. Let them use it! Same goes for Yautja. Let them have burner rifles and heavy weapons, at the cost of heavy price and other possible drawbacks. But it would suit the purpose marvelously!
4. Vehicles. I cant stress how vital these are to strategy games. An APC would be more than welcome for my marine squad, and possibly light assault vehicles, and drop ship bombing runs. The yautja could easily ships that could bombard from orbit. IE: That mighty big energy weapon that was used in the first AvP movie to blast that tunnel, or the bolts in AvP2 that blasted that marine ship.
5. One of the things that really irritated me in the first one was playing as aliens and not being able to produce eggs because there were others in the way. That bugged me sooooooo much! Id rather have them somehow get put further out and stuff.

I hope they do create a sequel, and that some of these suggestions are used. ;D

Amaymyon666

Amaymyon666

when and IF they ever make another extinction game, i would hope they do not rush it like they did for the first one.... NO ENDINGS for each race???  that killed it for me after i experienced the other flaws the game had only to finish it to obtain NOTHING.. I would like to see an overall better balance between the races and maybe more side missions that could unlock other cool shit... I dont want to see a starcraft or warcraft ripoff just using predators and aliens, because i think the game should stand alone as a RTS.. It has the potential to become a solid RTS.. i mean the FPS games were solid so they should put enough work into making the RTS just as good...

Predboy

Predboy

My Wish list:

- Better graphics
- More units
- Next gen. consoles, not just for PC
- Larger Scaled maps
- Multiplayer and online
- Being able to change to first person while playing, like clicking on a unit in a certain way, and you get total control of it, the camera changes, and you can see what it sees...yeah, you all know what 1st person is.
- Being able to customize your own clans, and squads.

Quote from: scarface on Aug 16, 2008, 06:33:42 AM
1. Kepping Drones, Warriors, Runners, Predaliens, and getting rid of everything else like ravagers and carriers.

Hell no, those aliens were a good edition to the campaign, they used different aliens that were never seen before.

Quote from: Predator755 on Aug 23, 2008, 01:14:21 AM
5. One of the things that really irritated me in the first one was playing as aliens and not being able to produce eggs because there were others in the way. That bugged me sooooooo much! Id rather have them somehow get put further out and stuff.

That's in the first one.
If you click on an alien unit, and move your cursor at the queen, there's an option where you click on her, and the alien starts moving the eggs around. ;)

EDIT:

- And having missions where you're in your own base, and you have to set up patroling units around, setting up turret/predguns/whatever aliens have around, to defend it against oncoming aliens and preds. I've always wanted that when playing the first game.

dread7154

dread7154

We've already got AvP:E2... it's called Starcraft 2... unless you want to get technical then AVP:E is actually number 2 because starcrat is the first avp rts... good ol zer-I mean xenos and te awesome prot-predators.. and the poor hu-ya.. humans...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed