Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 903,786 times)

Yautja117

Yautja117

Alien/Predator/AVP comics.
The Halo Graphic novels
Gears of War comics
Manga: Naruto, Rosorio Vampire ect,
When it comes out, the Mass Effect comic.
Now, the top 3 comic companies have a different game in their thrall: Halo is Marvel, Gears of War is DC and Mass Effect is Dark Horse.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: predalien27 on Dec 14, 2009, 11:26:49 PM
Quote from: Purebreedalien on Dec 14, 2009, 08:33:37 PM
I've also read Batman: Arkham Asylum A Serious House On A Serious Earth (definately worth the read if you can find it).
How much did you end up paying for it?  I don't want to try and hunt it down and figure out that it is more than I want to pay.

I payed around £15.00 but it's gone down in price now on Amazon and Play.

Quote from: Huol on Dec 15, 2009, 01:49:05 AM
I really didn't like Arkham Asylum.

The art really turned me off.

The art irritated me too because I couldn't understand what was going on in a lot of the panels, then I read the script in the back (I have the 15 year Anniversary Edition) and I understood what was going on.
I re-read it and I kinda like the art style now.  :)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Huol on Dec 15, 2009, 01:49:05 AM
I really didn't like Arkham Asylum.

The art really turned me off.

I wouldn't say that I didn't like it, but I wouldn't say its as good as it's cracked up to be. Everything seemed off, especially the characterizations. What can I say though, it's Grant "pass the hallucinogens" Morrison.

You read Gotham Central Huol?

Huol

Huol

Nope, heard plenty about it though.

Its just about a bunch of Gotham detectives right?

Aeus

Aeus

Yeah it's supposed to be like CSI Gotham. Crime comics are my fav so I've always wanted to pick it up.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Just for you, PBA:

Figure you've likely already seen it, as its the cover to this month's issue, but in case you hadn't. The tagline on the finished cover is 'In Space No One Can Hear You Cuss'

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 17, 2009, 12:48:02 AM
Just for you, PBA:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bcS60NRiXFk/StolKVhlfjI/AAAAAAAACtI/2JkSHuBIjpY/s400/deadpool-merc6cover.jpg

Figure you've likely already seen it, as its the cover to this month's issue, but in case you hadn't. The tagline on the finished cover is 'In Space No One Can Hear You Cuss'

Yeah I saw it on DeadpoolBugle.com :) I don't have any stores near me that sell Deadpool though.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 17, 2009, 12:48:02 AM
Just for you, PBA:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bcS60NRiXFk/StolKVhlfjI/AAAAAAAACtI/2JkSHuBIjpY/s400/deadpool-merc6cover.jpg

Thats awesome! Is it out yet?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Yeah, it came out yesterday.

Huol

Huol

Merc with a mouth isn't that great...

You're better off hunting down his original run.

Aeus

Aeus

Deadpool hasn't been great since Kelly's run finished (30 or so issues in).

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

I follow writers/artists rather than characters nowadays.  If nothing else because following all the multiverse type of stuff makes my head hurt. For writers i really enjoy Garth Ennis, Warren Ellis,Brian Azzarello(sp?) and Mark Millar.  Walking Dead is a great one as is The Boys for ongoing stuff.

My absolute favorites are Ennis' Punisher MAX run, Preacher, Fables, Transmetropolitan and 100 Bullets.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aeus on Dec 17, 2009, 09:55:12 PM
Deadpool hasn't been great since Kelly's run finished (30 or so issues in).

Was he pencilling the latest volume?

Aeus

Aeus

No clue. I'm talking about the series that finished back in 97' in case you're thinking of something more recent.

I just finished reading Powerless. It's a pretty good mini which deals with a "real world" (as in no super powers) take on well known Marvel characters - specifically Peter Parker, Logan, Matt Murdock and Frank Castle.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

...isn't Frank Castle already powerless? Or have I just missed something...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed