IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd)

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Author
IGN's Preview Community Event (Live Stream February 2nd) (Read 84,566 times)

WinterActual

Quote from: Lie on Feb 06, 2013, 05:09:38 PM

But that's how Hudson used it, he never did a massive sprays he always fired in "Short controlled bursts".
Yes but this doesn't mean the rifle was set to burst fire.

Lie

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 06, 2013, 05:19:31 PM
But that's how Hudson used it, he never did a massive sprays he always fired in "Short controlled bursts".

I wouldn't exactly call Hudson's control of his weapon "controlled." He's clearly not firing a regulated burst. He's firing random volleys.

Short, controlled, bursts is not the same thing as burst fire. A burst fire mode is a regulated function of the gun to a 3, 5, or 7(I think) round mechanism. Hudson very clearly is squeezing off rounds in an uneven, fully automatic, mode.

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 05:22:26 PM

Yes but this doesn't mean the rifle was set to burst fire.

I think their just trying to make the weapon make you feel like you are Hudson in his final moment, where he was taking on multiple Xeno's and he's like "Aim shoot dead move, aim shoot dead move" I say good on them. The normal pulse rifle is in the game if you wanna use it and if you wanna reenact Hudson in that moment you have a weapon that'll let you.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Well mate... I can recreate this moment with just moving my finger off the trigger for a few secs you know  :laugh:

OpenMaw

Quote from: Lie on Feb 06, 2013, 05:32:40 PM
I think their just trying to make the weapon make you feel like you are Hudson in his final moment, where he was taking on multiple Xeno's and he's like "Aim shoot dead move, aim shoot dead move" I say good on them. The normal pulse rifle is in the game if you wanna use it and if you wanna reenact Hudson in that moment you have a weapon that'll let you.

I never had a problem doing burst fire myself. Just by clicking the mouse. I did it in all the AVP games without the need for an arbitrary restriction to "feel like Hudson."

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 05:35:38 PM
Well mate... I can recreate this moment with just moving my finger off the triger for a few secs you know  :laugh:

Beat me to it. Hah!

Lie

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 05:35:38 PM
Well mate... I can recreate this moment with just moving my finger off the triger for a few secs you know  :laugh:

Yeah but burst rifles are more accurate and stronger, you'd just be lowering your damage for sentimental effects. :laugh:

WinterActual

There's no recoil in the game so both variants are equally accurate  :-\

OpenMaw

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 05:42:20 PM
There's no recoil in the game so both variants are equally accurate  :-\

Yeah, and even if there were... The Mark 2 doesn't seem to have any issue with being fired full auto.

So yeah, it's um... Not a game breaker, but it's crap.

Hey, if I can get mod tools, i'll quit bitching about this crap and make the changes myself.

Same deal offered by the Duke4 community to Gearbox. They responded by patching the game to disable the developer console and lock out the minimal texture mods members of the community had worked on.

I expect the same crap will happen here, too.

WinterActual

If SDK was confirmed no one would moan and bitch about anything. No one would cancel his pre order etc.

PLEXI

QuoteIf SDK was confirmed
If only... I would be so happy to get to play with everything. We could literally fix and improve the whole game ala ARMA lol.

WinterActual

Just imagine the amount of custom maps man..... just think about it....  :'(

Local Trouble

But that would undermine their painstaking efforts at maintaining authenticity.

WinterActual

I am sure the fans can make 100 times more authentic maps than GBX.

PLEXI

Quote from: RaisingCanon on Feb 06, 2013, 06:12:18 PM
But that would undermine their painstaking efforts at maintaining DLC profits.
Fixed.

JokersWarPig

I'm just bitching about the burst fire because its something they had to go out of their way to mess up.
If the bust fire is similar to Bad Company 2's burst fire (namely on the M16A2) I wont be as upset, but it will still bother me some.

Prime113

Quote from: Byohzrd on Feb 06, 2013, 05:04:02 PM
Menu screens. mostly loadout options

Diggin the looks of those two guns.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed