Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 75,183 times)

Lonely Universe

We really just need to focus on one thing.

The DH books aren't getting included in the omnibus set & that sucks. You can still find the Bantam ones pretty easy, but I've only ever actually seen one of the DH ones in person. The novel omnibus will be incomplete without them & that's a real annoyance.

Everyone needs to do their part & send a request to Titan for them to be included. This will show interest & that's the first thing needed for them to consider it. Otherwise, DNA War & all those stories will just be lost to time.

Just tweet @TitanBooks about it! It only takes a second <3

SM

SM

The DH books are a different run that don't tie in to the Bantam run.  Not having omnibuses of them won't make anything "incomplete".  Wouldn't hurt though.

And Sachin covers make a nice alterative.

Lonely Universe

Without being unnecessarily technical it's still incomplete. You can't say you have every Terminator comic unless you have the complete runs from like 4 or 5 different companies.

Titan is so closely tied to Dark Horse it would be easy to republish the later novels. Likely easier than it was to gain the rights to Bantam's.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Jul 27, 2016, 12:04:57 AM
Yeah I'll, uh, get right on that.

LOL  ;D. For the Sanchin covers...the last one looked like spaghetti thrown on a wall. Call the guy man...tell him to stop drawing.

Maybe ask Dark Horse to call Titan for the story rights to Cauldron, etc?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 26, 2016, 10:04:43 PM
SM, also tell them to do a series with Mark A. Nelson and one with Den Beauvais.  I want the glory days of Aliens comics to come back...

What I would give to see Beauvais do another Alien comic...

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 27, 2016, 07:46:20 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 26, 2016, 10:04:43 PM
SM, also tell them to do a series with Mark A. Nelson and one with Den Beauvais.  I want the glory days of Aliens comics to come back...

What I would give to see Beauvais do another Alien comic...

That would be perfect

Corporal Hicks

And there we go! The best Alien omnibus and now Berserker isn't a nightmare to get.

felix

Such a long time away though.

HuDaFuK

Again with the ACM screenshot covers :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

Terrible terrible covers! Why oh why cant they give me something that doesn't make me cringe when I see it.

Otherwise I lost my copy of Berserker and I never read the novel for Spears, its gonna be an easy buy.

Does anyone know if it possible to find the original bantam novels for sale still?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 30, 2016, 03:58:19 PMDoes anyone know if it possible to find the original bantam novels for sale still?

I recently got them all without too much trouble on eBay and Amazon (all second-hand, obvs). The only one I struggled to find for a reasonable price was Berserker. Guess they never printed many copies of that. Ended up having to pay a bit more for that one.

SM

Cool.  Never did get a chance to read Berserker.  Or Hunters Planet and War.  Good to have all the AvP stuff in one volume too.

SiL

I was lucky enough to borrow Berserker from the library. Was one of my favourite novels a damn sight more interesting than the comic.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, Berserker's definitely my favourite of the Aliens novels I've read.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed