Why do Predators hang their victims upside down?

Started by alchan8, Sep 08, 2007, 06:25:55 AM

Author
Why do Predators hang their victims upside down? (Read 8,004 times)

alchan8

And why do they skin their victims

Uncanny Antman

Hanging a body by it's feet makes the skinning all the more easy to do.

As for why they skin them....

Uhhhh....

To make clothing?  ???

gameoverman

IMO to let the all the blood drain so it's a lot less messy to skin them. 

As for why the pred skins them - I think he collects the skins like Leatherface does and makes them into clothing and stuff.  :P

Caledonia

Mark the kill. The prey is not good enough to take as a trophy, so the body is skinned and held up as if to say 'This is my work'. Least that's my understanding of it.

The Chibi Kiriyama

They probably hang them upside down as added dishonor to the fact that they weren't worthy enough to be considered a trophy kill. Or perhaps it's as a subliminal warning to those who do not meet expectations. As for why they're skinned in the first place? I'd just go with the principle of insult to injury- it's bad enough that the prey was killed and never fashioned into something worthwhile after the kill, but the lack of skin and organs makes them look like the way the Predator must envision them to be...weak and unworthy.

All presumption, but I have the feeling it's more out of ritual reasoning than anything else.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Human Jerky.

Huol

Heres what i think.
They skin the corpse and hang it as if to say:
"I did this, so look the f**k out"

I think they use the skin like they do with the skulls.
Stretching it over frames to use as trophies.

Master Chief

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Sep 08, 2007, 06:57:56 AM
Hanging a body by it's feet makes the skinning all the more easy to do.

Sounds like you've done this before... ;D

But for the hanging question, same reason we hang our animals upside down...everything falls out easier.

Predator_88

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 08, 2007, 08:02:08 AM
They probably hang them upside down as added dishonor to the fact that they weren't worthy enough to be considered a trophy kill. Or perhaps it's as a subliminal warning to those who do not meet expectations. As for why they're skinned in the first place? I'd just go with the principle of insult to injury- it's bad enough that the prey was killed and never fashioned into something worthwhile after the kill, but the lack of skin and organs makes them look like the way the Predator must envision them to be...weak and unworthy.

All presumption, but I have the feeling it's more out of ritual reasoning than anything else.

That sounds Right to me.

Horhey

Horhey

The_Kuff

Because Predators prize keeping the skulls, so right side up would damage them.

Upside-down is easiest becuase the feet make natural holds.

Nightmare

theyr hanging upside down because of gravity:P

i like to think in a human skin carpet in a predator bedroom or somethin 8)

if u agree with the honour crap, than ist because the prey was not worthy....
if ur more sport lover or somethin....will make good clothing even i dont see humam hide bein very good....still can make a good carpet....

The_Kuff

Quote from: Nightmare on Sep 10, 2007, 10:03:54 PM
theyr hanging upside down because of gravity:P

i like to think in a human skin carpet in a predator bedroom or somethin 8)

if u agree with the honour crap, than ist because the prey was not worthy....
if ur more sport lover or somethin....will make good clothing even i dont see humam hide bein very good....still can make a good carpet....

They should mount human heads on walls like we do to deer. Thats way scarier than skulls, they sell skulls in haloween shops, but not mounted human heads!

arnold23

Ritual? Sacrifice?

As you could see in Predator 2, the Predator skinned all the victims accept the one that was sacrificed by the Jamaicans.  Thats what I think. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed