Started by Hudson, Aug 22, 2007, 09:17:44 PM

Is the Predator design racist?

Yes
2 (2.9%)
No
67 (97.1%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author
Predator movies racist? (Read 15,242 times)

Hudson

Hudson

I might ask my teacher to explain me more of his reasoning.

Dachande

Dachande

All the black people tend to swear a lot >__>

For example Mac in Pred 1 'Your ghosting us, motherfockaaa!'
And Harrigan swears quite a lot >__>

And every black person in the 2 films die except for Harrigan >__>

I'm just messing really :P

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 23, 2007, 05:21:54 PM

Definitely. I've studied Back Theology and Black Civil Rights, and I really see it being racist. If anything, its anti-that. You have all the culture mixing between the police force (Mexican, white, and black), same as Predator, and in P2, the black guy is the main hero. I suppose, could say the rhasta stuff, but to  be honest in the 90's you have strong rasta groups like that.  And if they say its racist cos the Pred has dreadlocks, jesus, then the alien films are racist cos it has black skin, you know its just ridiculous.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Yes you should...Ask him if Godzilla is too.  He seems to pick on Japanese people quite often.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

I don't think it's racist at all...it might have some cliches, specially on P2 but that doesn't mean it's racist...the Pred isn't racist that's fer sure, he kills mexicans, blacks and whites!!

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 23, 2007, 05:39:34 PM

Yes you should...Ask him if Godzilla is too.  He seems to pick on Japanese people quite often.
Too funny!!  ;D ;D

Fitzley

Fitzley

I don't think its overtly racist but there are some over the top stereotypes or generalizations: the coked-out crazy Columbian drug lords, the pot-head smoking Jamaicans...

As for the predator itself, perhaps something to do with its hyper-masculine nature and some how connecting it to how lower class black males behave in gangs...needing more sexual conquests or fights to prove their manhood.

I don't buy into the argument, so don't get on my case, just throwing that out there as devil's advocate. It's the only thing I could come up with for the other side of the argument.

hunterv555

hunterv555

its a movie, and in these movies lots of races/nationalitys are killed how is it racist?

Originalsin

Originalsin

WHO THE FxxK EVEN CONJURED UP THIS IDEA. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST REDICULOUS ASUMPTION I EVER COME ACROSS. THAT'S LIKE SAYING JASON VORHEESE IS CANADIAN BECAUSE HE WEARS A HOCKY MASK.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Originalsin on Aug 24, 2007, 04:22:26 AM
WHO THE FxxK EVEN CONJURED UP THIS IDEA. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST REDICULOUS ASUMPTION I EVER COME ACROSS. THAT'S LIKE SAYING JASON VORHEESE IS CANADIAN BECAUSE HE WEARS A HOCKY MASK.

Hahah.  Well, we know why he wears the hockey mask anyway so it's not really in question.  I wonder what a Pred would look like with a hockey mask instead of his own mask.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 24, 2007, 04:29:23 AM
I wonder what a Pred would look like with a hockey mask instead of his own mask.

:D ;D ;D

hunterv555

hunterv555

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 23, 2007, 05:39:34 PM

Godzilla was originally a film that pointed a finger at American (first) weapon testing, and the dropping of the atom bomb on japan.  That movie WAS made with a slightly political message.

Master Chief

Master Chief

which was what, Godzilla will get you yet, Americans...

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

what a stupid topic  ;D

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteI don't think its overtly racist but there are some over the top stereotypes or generalizations: the coked-out crazy Columbian drug lords, the pot-head smoking Jamaicans...

You say racist, but in the 90's in gangs, Colombians generally deal and do coke (still do), and Jamaicans tend to smoke pot (still do).

QuoteAs for the predator itself, perhaps something to do with its hyper-masculine nature and some how connecting it to how lower class black males behave in gangs...needing more sexual conquests or fights to prove their manhood.

I really can't get that. For starters, how does one connect a Predator to lower-class blacks. And to be honest, I find that both classist and racist, that comment. Both whites and blacks, especially men, like to fight and have sex, and thats not strictly speaking to the lower-class either

QuoteI don't buy into the argument, so don't get on my case, just throwing that out there as devil's advocate. It's the only thing I could come up with for the other side of the argument.

It appears that the other side of the argument is a bunch of crap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed