Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 72,227 times)

SM

SM

New Galactic Map.

The Snipes

The Snipes

Interesting information but I found that the overall presentation is a tad "dry". Perhaps ya need to do some formatting with it and make it look like it's something livid rather than the stale complexion it has now. After all, we are dealing with fiction and it's nice to see some abstract detail put into such things. Good luck with it.

SM

SM

Such as?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Look at poor Thedus all on its own.  :'(

Interesting to see that Origae and Paradise are in a completely different direction to the LV-426. This pleases me.

Thanks SM.

SM

SM

Cheers.

Origae and Planet 4 are educated guesses (based on a bunch of things like the Covenant's speed - also educated guess - travel time and Origae orbiting Xi Aurigae).

Next blu ray release should make that canon though.  ;D

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Umm, SM? I've got Antarctica Traffic Control on the hotline. It seems they're flooded with messages from commercial towing vehicles suddenly off-course because the Z2R apex on the new star map was apparently flipped from the Coreward side to the Rimward. Our astro-techs took a peep at it and sure enough, it is not just a matter of scale on the new map (which is quite fine, btw). Please provide additional data for the navigation computers so that we can get these people home and partying?

If you don't mind your apex, you can't have any relief!

If you don't mind your apex, you can't have any relief!

;D

SM

SM

Oh yeah, I had to change a couple of star positions that were wrong.  The map I was going off only had stars up to 50 light years from Earth and Epsilon Reticuli is 59.  I had to muck around with triangles and other bits and pieces to try and plot an accurate position.  I worked out a while ago that diverting to Z2R was only around 1 light year out of the way.  The old map has them going about 1 and half parsecs out of the way.

Might tweak it a little more.  And I forgot to put the scale on there.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2018, 08:27:43 PM
Oh yeah, I had to change a couple of star positions that were wrong.  The map I was going off only had stars up to 50 light years from Earth and Epsilon Reticuli is 59.  I had to muck around with triangles and other bits and pieces to try and plot an accurate position.  I worked out a while ago that diverting to Z2R was only around 1 light year out of the way.  The old map has them going about 1 and half parsecs out of the way.

Do you anticipate the shortened detour to affect your timeline estimates at the 2120 (January 7) entry?
And on what do you base changing your mind about the distance?

The Snipes

The Snipes

SM

SM

Quote from: FenGiddel on Feb 08, 2018, 12:33:34 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2018, 08:27:43 PM

Do you anticipate the shortened detour to affect your timeline estimates at the 2120 (January 7) entry?
And on what do you base changing your mind about the distance?

E Reticuli was just too close on the old map.  Even taking out the lack of a Z axis, it was much further away from Earth than I originally plotted.  Even now it's 100% accurate as I couldn't find a map that plotted stars beyond 50ly.  Had to check constellations and make a best estimate.  Might move it a bit more 'west' though.

Quote from: The Snipes on Feb 08, 2018, 02:06:04 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2018, 06:33:43 AM
Such as?
Your timeline.

Not sure what you mean.  It's first and foremost an information resource.  What abstract detail are you talking about?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Rastafy it by 10%

SM

SM

Watchoo mean, Babylon?

Updated.

The Snipes

The Snipes

Quote from: SM on Feb 08, 2018, 03:39:02 AM
Not sure what you mean.  It's first and foremost an information resource.  What abstract detail are you talking about?
I am talking of a template. Make a template that looks abstract and artistic and is relevant to the Alien theme.

SM

SM

Oh, right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed