Cryptozoology

Started by Ratchetcomand, Mar 07, 2010, 09:34:24 PM

Author
Cryptozoology (Read 40,806 times)

EarthHive

EarthHive

I love Cryptozoology and hearing about these bizarre sighting are cool.

Are the creatures real, though?  Well that is what Cryptozoology is about. 

The Jersey Devil is scary.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

The jersey devil is my fav and if it was ever proven to be real i would be scared yet amazed at the same time.

Has anyone seen lost tapes on animal planet? It covers all kinds of cryptids

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: EarthHive on Mar 09, 2010, 02:34:16 AM
I love Cryptozoology and hearing about these bizarre sighting are cool.

Are the creatures real, though?  Well that is what Cryptozoology is about.
About what?

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 09, 2010, 03:00:52 AM

About what?

Finding out if these creatures are real or not.

@Xenokiller...if the Jersey Devil was proven to be real...I will kill myself.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: EarthHive on Mar 09, 2010, 03:05:09 AM
Finding out if these creatures are real or not.
Real simple...

Have they been studied by scientists? No.

Are they covered in biology classes in universities and high schools? No.

Has anyone received any distinguished prizes or awards for discovering them? Afterall, such a discovery would surely send shockwaves throught the scientific community! No, no one has claimed a prize.

As it's been mentioned before:
QuoteCryptozoology is, literally, the study of hidden animals.

Cryptozoology relies heavily upon testimonials and circumstantial evidence in the form of legends and folklore, and the stories and alleged sightings of mysterious beasts by indigenous peoples, explorers, and travelers. Since cryptozoologists spend most of their energy trying to establish the existence of creatures, rather than examining actual animals, they are more akin to psi researchers than to zoologists.

http://www.skepdic.com/crypto.html

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 09, 2010, 03:12:19 AM
Real simple...

Have they been studied by scientists? No.

Are they covered in biology classes in universities and high schools? No.

Has anyone received any distinguished prizes or awards for discovering them? Afterall, such a discovery would surely send shockwaves throught the scientific community! No, no one has claimed a prize.

I never said these things were in the realm of science...or that the people who study these things are "scientists"...who said you have to be a scientist to study something....if people want to go out and find the Jersey Devil...let them....if they find him...great if not...then it adds to the mystery.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Mal has a point.

Nothing is established yet. Save that it is a hobby!!!!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I myself believe in the study of cryptozoology. The Coelacanth, giant panda, komodo dragon, and much more as pluses for the credibility of cryptozoology.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: EarthHive on Mar 09, 2010, 03:19:36 AM
I never said these things were in the realm of science...or that the people who study these things are "scientists"...who said you have to be a scientist to study something....if people want to go out and find the Jersey Devil...let them....if they find him...great if not...then it adds to the mystery.
But science is what defines reality. If you want mystery, then admit that it's a game, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it's real.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 09, 2010, 03:24:22 AM
I myself believe in the study of cryptozoology. The Coelacanth, giant panda, komodo dragon, and much more as pluses for the credibility of cryptozoology.
That is a hasty generalization. You can't say that just because something has been proven that all of it must be real.

SM

SM

Somebody call Leonard Nimoy.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That is a hasty generalization. You can't say that just because something has been proven that all of it must be real.

I'm not saying that all of the creatures that have been talked about are really out there. I'm just simply saying that the "study of hidden animals" shouldn't be disregarded. And that there might be a chance that few modern day cryptids are really out there.

SM

SM

QuoteThe Coelacanth, giant panda, komodo dragon, and much more as pluses for the credibility of cryptozoology.

Did anyone ever study these things before they were discovered, like they do with Jersey Devils and Sasqutches?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2010, 03:32:46 AM
QuoteThe Coelacanth, giant panda, komodo dragon, and much more as pluses for the credibility of cryptozoology.

Did anyone ever study these things before they were discovered, like they do with Jersey Devils and Sasqutches?

You misunderstand what i'm saying. Just saying that some modern day cryptids shouldn't be disregarded.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 09, 2010, 03:30:44 AM
I'm not saying that all of the creatures that have been talked about are really out there. I'm just simply saying that the "study of hidden animals" shouldn't be disregarded.
Why shouldn't it? Here's how things work: If it can be tested and it passes said testing, it's real. If it doesn't pass, it's swept aside until compelling evidence comes along. Bigfoot, Nessie, all that have failed. People bring forward the same things over and over, but we haven't had anything concrete to study. The day that Nessie, Bigfoot and the others are brought into a lab and it's been proven that they are unlike anything else is the day that they exist. But constantly showing blurred pictures and interviewing people is not a worthwhile venture. Cryptozoology is nothing more than that.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 09, 2010, 03:28:25 AM

But science is what defines reality. If you want mystery, then admit that it's a game, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it's real.

Science doesn't explain everything.  God created everything...even some stuff that science can't explain.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed