Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 92,057 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

PsyKore

PsyKore

To be honest, I can't remember a lot about the stories, but I remember just loving the sci-fi level design and set pieces of DS2. To me that game was stunning and it stood out from the rest. I really need to play through them all again someday, though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The first two are on the list of my favorite games of all time. I never did play the third game though.

The Old One

The Old One

All three's worth a play.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 16, 2019, 12:11:33 PM
To be honest, I can't remember a lot about the stories, but I remember just loving the sci-fi level design and set pieces of DS2. To me that game was stunning and it stood out from the rest. I really need to play through them all again someday, though.

I remember grinning ear to ear when you had to fly through space from point a to point b when the station was breaking apart and you had to fly through huge pieces of superstructure.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

DS3 had some magnificent parts where you had to fly through space.  I was awestruck by it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yeah, I remember liking the space missions pretty well, and the initial planetfall.

It's been a very long time since I played it, but as soon as the supermoons were mentioned I began to lose interest.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Say what you want about DS3's story, but it was a strikingly beautiful game.  The gameplay mechanics were excellent too.

I remember being impressed that Visceral was able to squeeze that much out of the Xbox 360's hardware.

God damn EA to hell for killing them.  >:(

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 16, 2019, 08:52:53 PM
DS3 had some magnificent parts where you had to fly through space.  I was awestruck by it.

Yeah, that was when you were working on the crozier and installing the thrusters or something. And you had that little craft that transported you to different vessels. Fantastic visuals there.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Props to Ellie Langford too.  I dug her character.

Huggs

Huggs

I'm still mad at them for not including offline campaign co-op.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would you play a spinoff starring Ellie?

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps.

Regardless of negative review, (& bad writing) I enjoyed both final series' entries. Mass Effect and Dead Space.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm not thrilled with the notion of Glenn Schofield disregarding everything after the first game, especially with Dead Space 3's totally insane cliffhanger ending.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Are you prepared for Dead Space canon debates?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed